Sponsored

Given it is too late for anything to change, but we don't know what is there.....

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
No way, that is way too funny
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 problems though,
it gets cold.
It is in the great state of Misery.

I used to live a bit north of Little Rock, and I miss the countryside in the north half of the state, similar to what much of Missouri has.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't want to sound offensive or start an argument, but If you ever opened an Owner's Manual, you would know that this is safety feature and if you want to move your car/truck with open door, put your seat belt on. With seat belt on, it will not shift to Parking.

no offense take here at all, that's what this forum is for. As to your comment, the same applies here please don't take the wrong way, but I believe I said pulled a car in the shop, not mine, don't have time to read every owner's manual to know how each manufacturer works. Every new F-150 I can do this with. Every vehicle I have ever had I have had an owners manual for. If It didn't have one when I bought it, I bought one. Even my Grizzies, I got owners and service manuals. I am a firm believer in reading an owners manual which many people DO NOT do. I've had people tell me they need a battery for their car because the light is on and when I ask them to show me what light. they point too the LOW COOLANT LIGHT !!!!!!!! I cannot make this stuff up I have been in auto parts for 20 years I have heard and seen it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At Corvettes at Carlisle I get to jockey Corvettes around and you can tell the people that "pay attention" , they will turn the "memory" function, on the drivers seat, off, that way when the mechanic tries to get in he does NOT get crushed into the steering column when he turns the key on !!!!!! I learned the hard way the first time, I got in and turned the key and didn't expect it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of careers in Phoenix, when can you start? Lol!
get me a line on a Mechanical Engineering job and it is in the running. I don't mind the heat. and they have plenty of places to go rock crawling. no mudding though.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, my turn. My wishlist:

Performance:
-Non-hybrid engine in high performance trims, either 2.7/3.0 or V8
-Manual transmission with said high performance trim
-Raptor transfer case with 4A mode
-Ability to lock rear diff at any speed and 4wd mode (like Raptor)
-Torsen front diff
-Decent suspension travel. 10"+ is fine for my purposes
-Live valve fox shocks from the raptor
-<4000lb curb weight for the 2 door
-Ability to turn traction + stability control totally, completely off.

Interior:
-Heated and cooled, well bolstered leather seats. Preferably Recaros.
-Leather interior
-Leather steering wheel in a sport shape like the raptor ones
-Decent sized screen (~8" is plenty), landscape orientation and integrated into the dash (not sticking up)
-Carplay
-Physical buttons/dials for climate controls
-Steering wheel controls for music
-Heads up display; projected into the windshield, not a standalone piece of glass (unlikely, but...wishlist)
-Upfitter toggle switches
-120V outlet

Exterior:
-LED Headlights + running lights
-Not picky about wheels, just not chrome. Strong and light.
-Factory metal skid plates under everything. Engine, transmission, transfer case, fuel tank
-Convenient places to mount aftermarket lights
-Fixed/nonremoveable hardtop option
-No vents/intakes that aren't functional
-Similar length to a 2 door wrangler
-Can be slightly wider than a wrangler, anything under 80" wide is fine.
-<100" wheelbase
-Flared out fenders relative to body on high performance trims

Other:
-Enough fuel capacity to get ~400 miles of highway range.
-~5500lb towing capacity, factory trailer brake controller option
-Ability to get all this good stuff without any adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, auto emergency braking, auto high beams, etc. I'll accept auto start/stop but only because it doesn't sound so bad with a manual transmission.
-No fake engine noise. Give it a good exhaust instead, or let me hear the turbos spool.
-Under $65k after all these options are checked off
Nice! I hope the Recaro’s don’t have the alcantara inserts like they do in the raptor. I love those seats tho.
I’d like a bit more travel, closer to f150 Raptor spec, the 10spd and definitely the coyote...yep still smoking that pipe!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I posted somewhere else about test driving a Raptor the other day.

Goot lort those seats were nice. So comfortable, and had the best AC in them I've ever felt. I mean, I hit that button and it felt like I peed myself about 5 seconds later. Every other vehicle I've used them in, that sensation took at least 5 minutes.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like everyone else here, I want simple and practical. I want knobs and buttons, not menus on a touch screen.

Things I don't want:
Auto start stop garbage. If you must include it, let me permanently turn it off.
Automatic braking and lane keep. No safety Nanny's, I'm the driver not a computer.
No Carpet. Metal, rubber, bed liner, anything like that for the floors.
Let me turn off the seatbelt chime/alarm

Things I would like:

Manual transmission. Probably highest on my need list
Keyless entry and ignition. I've been spoiled and love leaving my keys in my pocket
Automatic headlights
Lots of USB ports
Heated seats and wheel
Lockers front, center, and rear
Under side armor
Front bench seat
Optional 3rd row seating in 4 door, easily removable
Small wheels but large tires. None of this 20 inch wheels crap
Nailed it! Particularly the knobs/buttons/switches vs screens. I can't stand screens in modern vehicles. Same with the safety tech. I'm not even thirty years old and I sound like an old fart. Next I'll be yelling at people to get off my lawn!

Only slight difference for me....i don't need third row seating. My back seats will probably be folded or out most of the time. Heck the hatch area will be treated like a pickup with a cab on top. Don't even need carpet back there. Bedliner option would be great.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nailed it! Particularly the knobs/buttons/switches vs screens. I can't stand screens in modern vehicles. Same with the safety tech. I'm not even thirty years old and I sound like an old fart. Next I'll be yelling at people to get off my lawn!

Only slight difference for me....i don't need third row seating. My back seats will probably be folded or out most of the time. Heck the hatch area will be treated like a pickup with a cab on top. Don't even need carpet back there. Bedliner option would be great.
This is intriguing the Bedliner option. I would also like this, is this something that any SUV's have? Or jeeps?
Sponsored