Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall in the beginning it was thought you couldn't gift your reservation to another party. Is that still the case? I have one order in which still going it gets filled since it's with in my dealers allocation. The second order I converted, I've decided not to keep. (The new GV70 is just too tempting and I don't have a place for a 5th vehicle). I hate to just cancel it. Can I give the 2nd order to a buddy and let him purchase?
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recall in the beginning it was thought you couldn't gift your reservation to another party. Is that still the case? I have one order in which still going it gets filled since it's with in my dealers allocation. The second order I converted, I've decided not to keep. (The new GV70 is just too tempting and I don't have a place for a 5th vehicle). I hate to just cancel it. Can I give the 2nd order to a buddy and let him purchase?
Go through with it but build to his desire and then have him buy from you when time comes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Not rich by any means. Just still have kids' cars at home. The Bronco I'm keeping is the one my son would have wanted. We lost him in June last year.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you purchased and then sold to them, there’d be like a double taxation, right?
Yes both pay sales tax.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not smart enough to know how to get around any of that stuff... so I’ll just wish you the best 🙂

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes both pay sales tax.
Depends on the state. In my state (AZ) there is no sales tax on a private party vehicle sale.

OP appears to be in TX. Texas apparently does charge sales tax on the "presumptive value" of a private party sale.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You might want to talk with your dealer to see if they can work something out. As far as Ford is concerned they won't allow a tranfer unless it's a family member. Sorry for your loss.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just cancel it and let someone else move up. You have yours coming, no need to try to grab another one that you don’t want in some scheme to transfer it when there is a line.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just cancel it and let someone else move up. You have yours coming, no need to try to grab another one that you don’t want in some scheme to transfer it when there is a line.
QUESTION: Can you 'cancel' an order directly with Ford OR must you have your dealer do it? As I remember, only the dealer can cancel an order. In that case, I imagine many dealers would simply refund the $100 (or whatever) deposit, but keep the order active to sell to someone else.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
QUESTION: Can you 'cancel' an order directly with Ford OR must you have your dealer do it? As I remember, only the dealer can cancel an order. In that case, I imagine many dealers would simply refund the $100 (or whatever) deposit, but keep the order active to sell to someone else.
I’m not sure. Once it is submitted as an order, you may be right, the dealer will keep it and mark it up.
Sponsored