Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure. Once it is submitted as an order, you may be right, the dealer will keep it and mark it up.
Which I would be fine with also, as the dealer gave our group a deal we couldn't get anywhere else. Certainly not a nefarious situation or trying to circumvent Ford's system (what ever system they seem to use from one day to the next)
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which I would be fine with also, as the dealer gave our group a deal we couldn't get anywhere else. Certainly not a nefarious situation or trying to circumvent Ford's system (what ever system they seem to use from one day to the next)
I didn't read the other posts so maybe this has been answered.
Dealers are given 20% of orders to NOT go to original res holder before they get in trouble with Ford.

Avoid the double tax, talk to your dealer and let them know you want to give one of your orders to a buddy. See if they'll offer him/her the same deal you got. And when vehicle comes in, just goes in the other person's name. This way you don't buy and then re-sell it. No double tax.

Problem solved.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are given 20% of orders to NOT go to original res holder before they get in trouble with Ford.

Avoid the double tax, talk to your dealer and let them know you want to give one of your orders to a buddy. See if they'll offer him/her the same deal you got. And when vehicle comes in, just goes in the other person's name. This way you don't buy and then re-sell it. No double tax.

Problem solved.
I love the shifting moral high ground that is found here at B6G....

Funny how the world exploded when we heard about "priority builds" , but if YOU want to hook a buddy up this late in the game, well then, that's different.

To be clear, no butthurt on my behalf, I still have a little faith in my Day 1 res not letting too many line jumpers in.
Until they all order 4 door soft top Big Bends and send my 2dr Base to the back of the que! LOL

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the shifting moral high ground that is found here at B6G....

Funny how the world exploded when we heard about "priority builds" , but if YOU want to hook a buddy up this late in the game, well then, that's different.

To be clear, no butthurt on my behalf, I still have a little faith in my Day 1 res not letting too many line jumpers in.
Until they all order 4 door soft top Big Bends and send my 2dr Base to the back of the que! LOL
I don't think much has shifted. GIVING a res to a buddy has always been fine (I think). The problem typically sat with the type of person (which I won't say what that is), wants to take res #2 and SELL it. There's a big difference there.

And well, my day 2 res not looking so good right now, and it's just a BB with rear locker, v6.. I just can't do a soft top. Probably a MY22 at this point 🤷‍♂️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem solved.
Beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing.

I have seen some Ford dealerships do this; they may have had a reservation converted to an order and then the customer changed their mind (maybe the wait was too long, found out there's not enough cup holders, etc.) and back out. The dealership then gets in a customer who wants to place an order post-reservation period, and they just change that old reservation order to your build specs. I don't know if they have to change the old customers details or not; might be another way they fly under the radar, but I think this is smarter vs. them just keeping the original order and selling it on their lot. Tying a new customers order in like this is good customer service, IMO.

Sponsored

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I worked around it. The night reservations opened everyone in my family was trying to get me a reservation when the site went down. My mom got one and I ended up getting one...so I had two. We took delivery of both. Before I completed my order of my "mom's" she logged into ford account and changed everything over to my name by updating her profile to my information. Then when the order was placed it matched my information at purchase. This would be more complicated if you have only one account with ford and you have all your pass points on that account from your original order. Just food for thought. My "mom's" order was always mine she just was able to get through the site faster than me when it crashed.
Sponsored