First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I told my sister and nieces that I had reserved a Bronco, she asked 3 questions: 1) Is it a 2dr?, 2) Is it a manual? and 3) Is it a blue like dad's '68 special order Acapulco Blue? I answered "yes" to all 3. Will not change. Will wait however long it takes. Family commitment rules.
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, Iā€™ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and Iā€™m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? Iā€˜ll admit Iā€™m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
Hold out for what you want. This opportunity does not come along often...and you love Broncos. Don't cave. They are building 2 doors this week...so hang in there.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait three weeks and hope! Ford should be scheduling March production by the middle of January. If itā€™s not scheduled by then reevaluate and decide if you can wait for February scheduling for an April build which probably means May or possibly June deliver. In mid-February youā€™ll still have enough time to order something else and get it by summer.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do, one day youā€™ll see all the cargo you can fit in the back and all the seats you can fill with people but there will be a giant hole deep in your heart that you wonā€™t be able to fill.

but then again, youā€™d have your 22MY and it will be 2 years old and us 2DR folks will finally be receiving ours in Desert Sand and Brittany Blue

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steady... Hold the line!

I questioned my choices until it actually got to the dealer. Once it was there, I realized how much time I had wasted second guessing myself. You had reasons for ordering what you did. Don't sell yourself short unless circumstances have changed and you know your first choice wasn't the correct one. I cannot imagine waiting this long to "kinda" get what I wanted.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t you dare give up on a true door. I was a first day reservation and finally got scheduled for January 17. The wait has been brutal but I saw my first true door on the road yesterday and am glad I never made the switch.

True door. Lol

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/14 am res - holding strong for a two door. (But upset with Ford for pretending reservations had anything to do with getting a bronco)

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I refused to compromise and I am very happy now that I have mine. You can see my timeline in my sig below.

I was frustrated, disappointed, annoyed - but the alternative wasn't worth the money in my opinion. Now, I have 750 miles on the exact build I wanted and I am loving it.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with MNBigfoot - get a used vehicle and then sell it when your beautiful Bronco comes in. The current market means you'll probably sell it for the exact same price you paid. Basically a free car rental.
The used market is part of why I want to trade in before summer so that I maximize the value of my current truck, either on the Bronco or on a vehicle that I can take wheeling and will hold itā€™s value well.

Keep the faith!

First day reservation, order placed January for 2door BL, Lux, hard top, MT, tow (all possible constraints) and itā€™s NOW ON THE TRAIN TO SC. - just proving patience pays off.
Bronco is meant to be two dooredā€¦ā€¦anything else is settling for less.
Whatā€™s your res and order dates?
Congrats! Iā€™m a 7/15 res, 2 door basquatch with 2.7 and aux switches. If all the 2 door orders getting fulfilled right now were reservationā€™s before mine like yours is, Iā€™d be a lot less frustrated over the whole thing.

Make it a game. Keep your res for the 2 door. Make a new order from a dealer with allocation to spare for a 4 door. If the 4 door shows up before summer, great. You can sell it for profit when the 2 door arrives. If the 2 door shows up before summer, even better. If neither show up, buy a jeep and sell it when the 2 door shows.
This is somewhat along the lines of what Iā€™m thinking. So long as Ford doesnā€™t give me any more reasons to want to stop doing business with them, I figure worst case Iā€™ll trade in my current truck on a new Jeep and leverage the current used value, wheel that until the Bronco gets here, and trade it in for an almost straight across.

That being said, after getting to wheel a Bronco in Moab in October, I really want to be back to wheelingā€¦..

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Leave the 2-door order. Worry about that later.
Walk in and order a 4-door soft-top without supply constraints.
Sounds like you need a(ny) Bronco more than you need a 2-door Bronco.