Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughter was in three accidents with one totaled before she was 19 years old. She had been driving a stick since the jump. I found a 1984 BMW 635i that had a salvage title but ran and wasn't too beat up for $900. She needed something that only required liability insurance. She drove that thing for two years. It was a definite love/hate relationship for her and that car. I repaired all of it with the help of Google and YouTube. It actually didn't need much so I wasn't tearing it apart. I loved that car and so does she. She would have kept it if she could have two cars and I had garage room. Anyways, I had no idea they were expensive to maintain until reading a few comments on these threads. But I did totally get a 1986 Jaguar XJS 12 cyl road worthy using Google. That car was rated as the second to third hardest to repair. Lucas electronics suck!!! the Lucas motto, "Get home before dark"

Anyways I couldn't work on anything now. I wasn't having to deal with much besides relays.

Enough about me. Continue with the freaking 100 displays to decipher. Why not just scroll an explanation across the integrated screen. I imagine we are going to have to touch the icon anyways to figure out what the f the Bronco is trying to tell us.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This got me thinking. All I've wheeled in are old vehicles without tire pressure sensors. Any idea if that indicator will go off the whole time you're aired down?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fuel cap???? Not Capless?
The way Ford's capless system works is that there's effectively a little door/flap that the fuel nozzle hits in the right spot that allows it to open. Ford includes a plastic filler piece for if you need to fill from a can that also hits that spot. I'm guessing there's a sensor in that little door/flap, and that's what that icon is meant for if there's a malfunction with it, or perhaps if you leave the filler piece in.

With the doors off does this turn into
“Doors Aoff”?
5B083BA3-6992-4C26-BE8F-B95F43B9E724.jpeg
I'd imagine there's a sensor in the connection point that reads if it's connected or not. If connected, you get door open alarms, if not connected, no chimes.

This got me thinking. All I've wheeled in are old vehicles without tire pressure sensors. Any idea if that indicator will go off the whole time you're aired down?
Good question. I wonder if putting it into one of the goat modes turns off the system? Or maybe instead of shutting it off, putting the "alarm level" much lower?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a fan of electric parking brakes. I can't do my wife's Audi Q7 rear brakes because they require a computer interface (which I don't have) to be placed into "Service" mode......
Oh well, I guess I don't hate them after all. Carry on.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well shit, I'll never remember all of those things. The only one I think I can remember is the "check fuel cap" thingy. Now wait just a dog gone minute here, the Bronco doesn't even have a fuel cap.....:oops:

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One says "Shield Your Eyes" ? What that button Do?

Ford Bronco Glossary of 2021 Bronco Symbols & Indicator Warning Lights 0328eac17eec4c95d205f82ab50f0283

Last edited:

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It hurts that this is the most excitement I can get while not having a build date yet.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a fan of electric parking brakes. I can't do my wife's Audi Q7 rear brakes because they require a computer interface (which I don't have) to be placed into "Service" mode......
Oh well, I guess I don't hate them after all. Carry on.
The service tool isn't needed. Disconnect the electrical connector at the e-brake actuator and apply 12 volts to the terminals so that the actuator retracts. Then push the piston in with a caliper piston compressor. Don't use a C-clamp because the actuator housing is plastic.

I bought this piston compressor off eBay years ago. $13 shipped

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224347601526?hash=item343c28ba76:g:z-0AAOSwPm5gJGOY
Sponsored