First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's what I thought, I guess I'll have to make a trip back to the dealer, as I didn't get one. I guess I shouldn't be surprised after waiting two years for a Bronco!
My Bronco came with the brochure. The OEM Ford case you see in the photo was purchased on eBay for $10.
Sponsored

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bravo! Excellent solution. Like you, I was surprised something as simple as a glove box light (and a console light) was excluded from our Broncos. My temporary solution is adding magnetic, rechargeable touch lights to these dark compartments. I like your solution much more, but for me, this will have to do for the time being.

Rechargeable wireless touch lights on Amazon

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The battery powered and rechargeable ones seem nice but I always find flashlight dead when needed the most. But I guess that is what the phone flashlight is for.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fyi, just in case you guys want and alternative power source, running right through the center console is the 12 volt source for the cigarette lighter. This particular power source has a time delay after the Bronco has turned off though. I don't know which wire is easier to get to, but it's an option.

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
very nice. Alternatively, if someone wants to save some time, I simply purchased a 3 pack of stick on wireless motion sensor lights from Amazon. Used one in my closet, one in my gun cabinet and of course- the whole reason I bought it- one for my Bronco glove box.

Brilliant idea. Inexpensive, fast to do and it brings a modern feature to a modern vehicle 👏👏👏

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nicely done. I was part of a ford engineer group where they asked all kinds of questions about our new broncos and one of my requests was why no light, it is so dim inside. I just use flashlights right now.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nicely done. I was part of a ford engineer group where they asked all kinds of questions about our new broncos and one of my requests was why no light, it is so dim inside. I just use flashlights right now.
Thanks. I'm glad people like my idea.

I used to own a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic. Those cars didn't come with a glovebox light from the factory, but there was a designated spot for the standard Chrysler unit. It seemed as if Dodge planned to install it at an early stage of development but rejected this idea later on for some reason.

If you ever come across a black 2012 Challenger with a lamp in the glovebox – that car used to be mine;)

Ford Bronco Glove box light installed - DIY & photos IMG_20200229_162352

Ford Bronco Glove box light installed - DIY & photos def2862b-7988-4f91-9644-a284eeb0df68

wisaabi

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Glove box light installed - DIY & photos def2862b-7988-4f91-9644-a284eeb0df68

I've wanted to install a lamp in the glove box of my Bronco since the day I drove it off a dealer's lot. I don't know why such a simple convenience is not part of the Lux package.

I started to browse the web looking for a lamp that would perfectly fit in the area surrounding the glove box, wouldn't require too much trimming, and something that would look as if Ford hadn't cheap out and had installed it at the factory.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any glove box light made for Ford, Lincoln, or Mecury models that would work for the Bronco. In my case, the perfect solution came from Hyundai. If any Blue Oval purists are reading this thread, I beg your pardon.

I looked for a lamp that had an external swich because it would be easier to find a good spot for two smaller parts that for a larger all-in-one unit. The Hyundai lamp I used is often sold as a kit: a lamp, switch, and wire harness. Here are the numbers of all these parts: 92620-33000, 93510-21000, 91180-2D900. The kit cost me $19+tax.

The lamp fits perfectly in the upper lip of the housing that surrounds the glove box.

The best spot for the switch is right next to the left latch hole. I cut out the rectangular holes using a small hand drill and Tamiya hand saw.

Before cutting this holes in the Bronco, I test fitted the lamp and switch in a piece of plastic of the same thickness to make sure they wouldn't wiggle or fall out. After I was happy with the size of the cut outs, I used this plastic piece as a stencil and marked the cut line with a white thin tip marker.

I had to squeeze myself in between the passenger seat and the dashboard to be able to cut the hole for the lamp. I'm glad the plastic is pretty soft, so it didn't take me much time to complete this task. If I were a bigger guy, I would have needed to unbolt the passenger seat.

OCD didn't allow me to cut the brand new Hyundai wire harness, so I also purchased a used female electrical connector of the same Korean brand. There aren't any junk yards around the area I live in, so eBay helped me out once again. I don't know the part number, but I'm sure it was used by Hyundai and Kia over many years for iterior lighting.

I soldered 20 AWG wires to this connector and routed them to the Ford connector hiding behind the passenger's A-pillar plastic trim. The two wires I spliced feed power to the lamps in the sun visors.

I installed the lamp in the glove box while retroffiting the upfitter switches and adding a roof light bar. This video provides excellent instructions on how to disassamble the interior and get to the electrical connector on the A-pillar.

I'm super happy with the result. Now I can see the stuff lying in the glove box any time of the day. I hope this write up helps you bring more light into your Bronco.

Apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes – English is not my first language.
What's the part number for the other Korean connector?

"I also purchased a used female electrical connector of the same Korean brand"

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the part number for the other Korean connector?

"I also purchased a used female electrical connector of the same Korean brand"
I don't know, sorry. The seller on eBay didn't specify its part number.

I assume all Hyundai and Kia cars produced between 2008 and 2016 had this connectors for interior lights.

Sponsored

wisaabi

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know, sorry. The seller on eBay didn't specify its part number.

I assume all Hyundai and Kia cars produced between 2008 and 2016 had this connectors for interior lights.
do you have info on the eBay seller, I could see if he has more?

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow! And thanks for the right up it has been bugging me too but is one of the smaller things. With your write up and part numbers it will make quick work to do while I had the glove box out to mount my radio.

ssqch

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you get the LED light?

OP