First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On the MIC rear, where the back window hydraulic is bolted to the MIC, it has separated and basically ripped out a chunk of the mic.

The that was screwed into the NYC. Still has the screws in it and the screws still have some of the MIC on it.

I've attached pics.

Basically what it looks like is that I could clamp it and glue it back on if I have an adhesive that will bind the MIC back together.

Wondering what glue or adhesive would be best for this application? I live in a cold area so it's something that needs to withstand temperatures either way. Also want something that will hold as there will be force exerted on it when the back window opens and closes.

I should add that the MIC is terrible and the second there is another option. I am going to take it.

I've already posted on here about a leak that is caused rust and I actually noticed another leak today
Ford Bronco Glue for MIC repair? PXL_20211122_212650666

Ford Bronco Glue for MIC repair? PXL_20211122_212656829
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the MIC rear, where the back window hydraulic is bolted to the MIC, it has separated and basically ripped out a chunk of the mic.

The that was screwed into the NYC. Still has the screws in it and the screws still have some of the MIC on it.

I've attached pics.

Basically what it looks like is that I could clamp it and glue it back on if I have an adhesive that will bind the MIC back together.

Wondering what glue or adhesive would be best for this application? I live in a cold area so it's something that needs to withstand temperatures either way. Also want something that will hold as there will be force exerted on it when the back window opens and closes.

I should add that the MIC is terrible and the second there is another option. I am going to take it.

I've already posted on here about a leak that is caused rust and I actually noticed another leak today

Take it to the dealer have them take care of it see if you can get them to foot the bill on the soft top while you wait for mic replacement

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Take it to the dealer have them take care of it see if you can get them to foot the bill on the soft top while you wait for mic replacement
Damn, I honestly wish I had the balls to do that, I'll consider it. I'll give them a call actually.

Unfortunately, I'm definitely the kind of guy that doesn't say anything if a restaurant brings me the wrong food and it's something I hate.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, I honestly wish I had the balls to do that, I'll consider it. I'll give them a call actually.

Unfortunately, I'm definitely the kind of guy that doesn't say anything if a restaurant brings me the wrong food and it's something I hate.
By not calling Ford and bringing it in, it's potentially not logging the issue to resolve on a larger scale. It's so important we bring these in to Ford to log every issue like this, as well as get it fixed. As soon as you start messing with it, you risk Ford telling you to pound sand on a future issue because you tried to fix it.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stand up for yourself be nice about it but don’t let them treat you like a peace of shit either you bought an expensive new vehicle that has a major issue so take it in they will order you a new top but it will be a long wait

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see how this isn't under warranty...go to the dealer

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't see how this isn't under warranty...go to the dealer
It probably is, honestly. I just wanted to make the hardtop work since I like the look but it's clear they haven't figured it out yet.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this MIC 1.0 or 2.0?

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious...why even attempt a home fix rather than taking it right back for a free Ford fix or replacement?

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the second time I've seen this on b6g, you need to call your dealer

Looks like exactly the same separation

If you glue it, i bet it will just separate again

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's probably the reason for hard top delays, they probably don't want to place all of them, i wouldn't

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's probably the reason for hard top delays, they probably don't want to place all of them, i wouldn't
Just saw on fords instagram that they have hard tops for all broncos now. Wonder if this is a 3.0 or if it's just 2.0's

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited: