Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love all my ICE cars. 2.7 in Bronco is the lowest HP vehicle I have, besides Flex 3.5 turbo the rest are LS or Hemis. However after driving my Rivian over the last month, EV is the way. Except for the 10% time I want old school muscle car feel. Truly amazing how linear and fast EV is with no effort, while being equivalent of about 50+mpg correlated to gas. With 300+ range For 90% of my use, trips under 200 miles, so nice to be "gassed" up from garage. Yes, long trips are still an issue, for next 2 years, but will use ICE for those until networks are developed.
Yep. People who want to replace an ICE with an EV only are on a foolā€™s errand for now. EVs are great for 90% of driving. They are fun, faster than ICE, and cost $0 to maintain. But for family road trips, etcā€¦ you still canā€™t beat ICE.
Sponsored

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OR... hear me out... they could just unf*ck the Blazer.
I think Mary Barra is in the wrong industry. Clearly she is not an automotive enthusiast. The Blazer is just a plain insult to itā€™s heritage.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Per https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/g...c-bronco-rival-wagon-and-small-hummer-pickup/

GM Considering Electric Bronco Rival, Wagon, And Small Hummer Pickup

"Even more excitingly, there was also a small boxy SUV described as a likely competitor to the Bronco and Defender that is electric, meaning it would likely find competition in the form of the upcoming International Scout."

While GM didn't provide nor allow journalists to take any pictures [of the clay models], we took the liberty of creating renderings.

2026-Chevrolet-SUV-Bronco-Carscoops-1024x576 (1).jpg

Whats the largest tire size you can put on there without lift/spacers?

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether we like it or not EVā€™s are going to be the future for most folks, and it makes sense if the grid can support it. Less noise, less pollution, but I have no illusions of EVā€™s ā€œsaving the planetā€.
But, they seem so ā€œsoul lessā€, an ICE vehicle seems like a living, breathing individual with a unique personality. At least my vehicles seem to be temperamental.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whether we like it or not EVā€™s are going to be the future for most folks, and it makes sense if the grid can support it. Less noise, less pollution, but I have no illusions of EVā€™s ā€œsaving the planetā€.
But, they seem so ā€œsoul lessā€, an ICE vehicle seems like a living, breathing individual with a unique personality. At least my vehicles seem to be temperamental.
They wonā€™t save the planet and they destroy massive amounts of it to mine the metals needed for the batteries. Batteries last about as long as it takes to pay off said EV, then you have to drop 30k+ for new ones. Then they might* recycle 1% of these depleted batteries and the rest end up in a landfill. Oil never goes away just from the stand point of the massive amounts of products that come from it. The same people telling you and me to buy EVs are flying around in private jets, heating and cooling their massive homes and producing more pollution in one year then my family will in my entire lifeā€¦ but itā€™s about the planet supposedly.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having driven EV and ICE cars for a long time, EV is a much better driving experience.
I don't want to have to plan trips around where I can charge my car not to mention potential lines and wait times. When charging stations are as plentiful and fast as pumping gas then I'll be interested.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't want to have to plan trips around where I can charge my car not to mention potential lines and wait times. When charging stations are as plentiful and fast as pumping gas then I'll be interested.
Yep. For long trips they donā€™t work well. Thatā€™s why I have both. Saves a ton of $$ a year.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no rival to the Bronco...

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hard enough to find reliable charging centers in town. Trying to find a place to charge your vehicle when on a cross county trip is where the real adventure begins. Even more exciting is when you run out of power in some back country location with no cell service. Surviving on your honed survival skills, should you possess them, will be the back story.

Sponsored
First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m with yā€™all 100% that the Blazer design is just a head scratcher for us but at the same time theyā€™re selling the crap out of them. I just donā€™t understand the point since they already have the Equinox.

GMC/Chevy kills it with the Tahoe and Yukon but for the life of them canā€™t come up with a way to develop a fun Jeep, Bronco competitor.

Same with Nissan. Why is the Pathfinder a mall crawler? Who decided it was a good idea to take the only competitor to the 4Runner and make it one of 1,000 new age soccer vans.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have two trucks right now. A Bronco Raptor and a Rivian R1T. The 3.0L and 10spd combo in the Bronco is fantastic, but is just primitive compared to the Rivian. If I could get the drive line of the Rivian in the Raptor it would be truly mind blowing. And theyā€™re both good for 300 miles per ā€œtankā€. Except I have to go to gas stations for the Raptor and and get half the mileage on a great day. I thought I would care about range anxiety, I donā€™t ever. I just plug it in a home when I need it. Easy peasy. Can Chevy do anything half as good? Well, they are not new to electric and the new Vette does look amazing. I think it all depends on which team gets to work on it.

OP
OP
Simmy

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sketch posted by GM. šŸ¤”

Ford Bronco GM Considering an Electric Bronco Rival GM-Design-Sketches-Off-Roader-1024x576

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated: Sketch posted by GM. šŸ¤”

Ford Bronco GM Considering an Electric Bronco Rival GM-Design-Sketches-Off-Roader-1024x576

Per https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/g...c-bronco-rival-wagon-and-small-hummer-pickup/

GM Considering Electric Bronco Rival, Wagon, And Small Hummer Pickup

"Even more excitingly, there was also a small boxy SUV described as a likely competitor to the Bronco and Defender that is electric, meaning it would likely find competition in the form of the upcoming International Scout."

While GM didn't provide nor allow journalists to take any pictures [of the clay models], we took the liberty of creating renderings.

Waiting on Toyota to make the Forerunner top removable again, missed opportunity as I would jump all over that and they would actually make it off the assembly line!!!