First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
GM debuts the 2021 Trailblazer and still Ford gives us nothing on Bronco. Ford has been talking about a new Bronco even before GM brought out the new Blazer and now it looks like Bronco is falling farther and father behind the competition. Bronco better knock it out of the park when it comes out with price and ability or it will fail terribly .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...uv/ar-AAC68qb?ocid=spartandhp#image=AAC6c69|2
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd rather Ford wait and release something that isn't complete dogshit like that trailblazer. We already know it's coming at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021, based on that we will probably see it late in the year or early next year.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a Ford guy through and through my point is that Ford use to be the leader in the automotive world but now has become a follow the leader, jonnie come lately. It's like Dave Pericak said in the movie A Faster Horse "It doesn't matter who invents it first but who brings it to market first"

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look at it this way, at least Ford has done a good job with going retro with their classic vehicles.
T-bird (went retro I believe in 2002) Though in my opinion it still seemed too rounded for me.
Mustang (retro in 2005) and by 2010 made it look more aggressive.
Bronco (retro 2020-2021?)

The T-bird and Mustang both came book looking similar to the cars they were when Ford 1st introduced them. So for now we can only hope that Ford does the new Bronco right.

Then look at Chevy, took them until 2010 to go retro with the Camaro. And now they bring back the Blazer name only to make it just another SUV like the 100's of others out there.

So yeah, the wait game sucks, but I like many others will wait and hope that 1.) It looks good and 2.) Isn't another $50k truck. At least make it affordable.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GM debuts the 2021 Trailblazer and still Ford gives us nothing on Bronco. ...
The baby/Maverick/Scout might compete with something like this, but is probably more of a go at the Jeep Compass. Both of which I'd expect to be more off road worthy than any of these new GM assaults on classic SUV names.

With GM taking on a similar model strategy as Ford with mostly multipurpose and utility vehicles, sedans overboard, I hope to god the segments they're aiming at are very different.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With GM taking on a similar model strategy as Ford with mostly multipurpose and utility vehicles, sedans overboard,
The bad thing is there beating Ford to the punch there's so much vacillation and indecision Ford is almost paralyzed.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bad thing is there beating Ford to the punch there's so much vacillation and indecision Ford is almost paralyzed.
To be fair, GM could have been working on these stinkers for just as long or longer than Ford was on the Bronco, we just didn't know about it -- maybe because no one cared about yet another bland crossover enough to bother leaking it.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GM debuts the 2021 Trailblazer and still Ford gives us nothing on Bronco. Ford has been talking about a new Bronco even before GM brought out the new Blazer and now it looks like Bronco is falling farther and father behind the competition. Bronco better knock it out of the park when it comes out with price and ability or it will fail terribly .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...uv/ar-AAC68qb?ocid=spartandhp#image=AAC6c69|2
We are now hitting over saturation on the curvy small cross over looking vehicles. For this reason the Bronco should very well because it is going to look different and people will like the look of it because it will be distinctive. I commute ~65 miles a day in my Rubicon and I see so many of these bland "SUVs" that all look a like. Its hard to tell a Chevy from a Toyota if you only see the side or rear.

Ford needs to nail the look and if they do, it could be a winner for years to come.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Vacillation... indecision... paralyzed... please explain. I don't see any of those adjectives as applicable to the Bronco in particular or Ford's strategy in general, but I'm willing to reconsider if you can give some examples.

If Blazer is a "punch" at all, it was a sad excuse for a swing and a miss. They may sell boatloads of them, but anyone who buys a new Blazer wasn't even looking in the same genre, let alone in the market for a Bronco in the first place. Blazer is at best a sad copycat knockoff attempt and a poor competitor to the 2015 Lexus RX series, another in a long and tired string of Faberge egg hatchbacks.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are now hitting over saturation on the curvy small cross over looking vehicles. For this reason the Bronco should very well because it is going to look different and people will like the look of it because it will be distinctive. I commute ~65 miles a day in my Rubicon and I see so many of these bland "SUVs" that all look a like. Its hard to tell a Chevy from a Toyota if you only see the side or rear.

Ford needs to nail the look and if they do, it could be a winner for years to come.

I agree the GM efforts look a lot like there copying Toyota's

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mahk is Awesome...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps more surprising than the lack of info on the Bronco is the lack of an appearance by the baby/Maverick/Scout. It's supposedly just a year away from production and we haven't seen a prototype. Or does it share so much with an Escape that Ford doesn't think it's necessary?

If baby is 3-6 months ahead of the Bronco for launch as was suggested during the Escape launch, then we ought to be due for some more meaningful reveal for Bronco. Ford was testing reactions to styling for the baby months ago with shadowy renders.

Skifryan

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Perhaps more surprising than the lack of info on the Bronco is the lack of an appearance by the baby/Maverick/Scout. It's supposedly just a year away from production and we haven't seen a prototype. Or does it share so much with an Escape that Ford doesn't think it's necessary?

If baby is 3-6 months ahead of the Bronco for launch as was suggested during the Escape launch, then we ought to be due for some more meaningful reveal for Bronco. Ford was testing reactions to styling for the baby months ago with shadowy renders.
Maybe it's actually that the Baby Bronco and Bronco share some unique features and they don't want to reveal too much about the Bronco through the Baby Bronco reveal. So late summer they can reveal the BB that will be a year away and follow it closely with the actual Bronco reveal.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My feeling exactly Ford always prototypes and tests even the smallest change look at the lower bumper cover on what is thought to be the 2021 Mustang
2020-21-mustang-refresh-hybrid-prototype-3-jpg.jpg
Sponsored