Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At the very least it would be nice to see what makes up these costs.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny that a “Japanese” Toyota has the same destination roughly as a “domestic” vehicle.

also it’s dealer specific.

I bought a used car from a dealer that tried to charge me $1200 for “destination “ (when it was likely traded in on location) that was more than their brand new sports car in the showroom.

but the internet price was good, and the general manager admitted the fees were to make up for the low advertised price....

the world is fee happy. Oh you want destination and set up fees? For the main commodity that you sell?

that should be overhead, cost of doing business, and taken out of the figure between invoice and msrp.

if we are going to get nickel and dimed, how about a utility fee.

cost of keeping the lights on for the day I was in the showroom.

a dealer license fee. Contribute to your cost of that license for your ability to do business.

it is fraudulent.

that’s why around here the big dealers are branching out like wildfire. No good deals.

the customer isnt always right. The customer is the dealers bitch. Period.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What a joke.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a joke.
Yes, frivolous. I am not sure why they don't just include in MSRP, but there may be a good reason. For example, investors are concerned about gross margin, so they may have to increase MSRP by 3000 instead of charging 1500 flat rate delivery to maintain 50% margin. Since flat rate is industry standard practice, they can't base on actual without becoming uncompetitive nationally.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A good watch. Destination fees are just one area where manufacturers are soaking customers.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
$1,495 Destination Fee is exorbitant. F150 Crew Cabs were being delivered for $975 in 2011. I would offer my dealer $1,140 based on the information in the video I posted previously.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, frivolous. I am not sure why they don't just include in MSRP, but there may be a good reason. For example, investors are concerned about gross margin, so they may have to increase MSRP by 3000 instead of charging 1500 flat rate delivery to maintain 50% margin. Since flat rate is industry standard practice, they can't base on actual without becoming uncompetitive nationally.
I think it's all smoke, and mirrors. They get the average buyer in the chair, give him/her what they think is a good loan payment without mentioning the destination charge. Plus we all know there is a profit for the companies cooked into that charge, but that would be hard tp prove. Sadly it's all part of the game. The lawsuit is a bust, and probably won't go anywhere. The problem with the lawsuit is that there are to many lawyers with nothing to do. So, they grab onto any BS thing they can to get.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's all smoke, and mirrors. They get the average buyer in the chair, give him/her what they think is a good loan payment without mentioning the destination charge. Plus we all know there is a profit for the companies cooked into that charge, but that would be hard tp prove. Sadly it's all part of the game. The lawsuit is a bust, and probably won't go anywhere. The problem with the lawsuit is that there are to many lawyers with nothing to do. So, they grab onto any BS thing they can to get.
It is impossible to "hide" the destination charge on a new vehicle. It is on the legally required window sticker and included in the MSRP. Note also that there is no dealer margin on the delivery charge (invoice=msrp). Are you thinking about "dealer doc" fees or ADM?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is impossible to "hide" the destination charge on a new vehicle. It is on the legally required window sticker and included in the MSRP. Note also that there is no dealer margin on the delivery charge (invoice=msrp). Are you thinking about "dealer doc" fees or ADM?
No sir, just opining that somehow the dealer could get some of that destination fee. Like you said the fee is posted right on the window sticker. No one made the plaintiff pay the charge. He could have walked away form the deal. It's just another frivolous law suit taking up space on the court docket.

Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go ahead, join a lawsuit. Your next car will cost you an extra $5000. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Really simple. Don't buy it and come back later and sue because you have buyer's remorse. These are the same ass wipes that are starting an action on the GT350 because it doesn't have oil coolers. They say it's really not track ready. Are you running Sebring 12 hours? Well then no. Didn't you read any specs before you bought it dumb ass. This country is going to hell. Take responsibility for your actions.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As with most items like this, I wonder if there is a tax or dealer inventory financing reason to have this itemized out? I suspect it is easier to charge a flat fee for this fee rather than actual costs. The price of a new Ford in southern Florida might be too costly, while one in Detroit would be a great deal. It would create a different type of market and buying pattern that would incentivize local dealers and create hardships for those further away.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everybody is looking at this as simply an expensive trucking charge. Keep in mind that everything is UAW. There is more to destination than trucking that is not part of making the vehicle. The trucker only loads the vehicle on his truck. Period. He then unloads it. Period. Anything else that is involved in getting it ready for shipment could be included in destination such as the union guy that pulls the orders from the yard for the trucker. Maybe the guy that wraps plastic on the hood or roof. No UAW worker does anything that is not his job because it's not his job. Ford and GM should have zero issues justifying their charges. Furthermore there is no law that I know of that says you cannot make a profit on destination charges.
Sponsored