First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm in the "Got tired of waiting for info and bought a Wrangler" club too, but I don't put much significance in GM having a Jeep on their test track. All companies test vehicles from other brands.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford has or use to have the ability to build very good off road vehicles the Raptor proves this. Lets just hope the upper management lets the designer do so and not force them to turn out crap like GM has in the Blazer and Trailblazer.
The good news it Chevy released the Blazer and Ford execs got to see first had the public's reaction to using the Blazer name on a CUV.

I hope GM enters the market as Jeep just came into their market with the Gladiator, and we could use more competition to drive prices down. Have you looked at Wrangler pricing lately? Currently I drive a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and to build the SAME vehicle now its $10,000 more then mine was 6 years ago. Thats insane. I just hope Ford sees that Wrangler sales are slumping and not going to try and match the prices with the Bronco.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope GM enters the market as Jeep just came into their market with the Gladiator, and we could use more competition to drive prices down. Have you looked at Wrangler pricing lately? Currently I drive a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and to build the SAME vehicle now its $10,000 more then mine was 6 years ago. Thats insane. I just hope Ford sees that Wrangler sales are slumping and not going to try and match the prices with the Bronco.
That's a good thought but I don't see prices going down any. Wrangler prices are ridiculous and I've check Gladiator prices to I can't find anything below 45k.

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 8.48.22 AM.png

Slumping? You realize tha Jeep sold over 240,000 Wranglers for 2018, right? That is the most single year sales Jeep has ever had.

I agree competition is good. Jeep can charge a premium for Wranglers because there aren't any true alternatives. It is simply supply and demand, and Jeep still has not found the limit of what the market will bear.
Year over year sale are down for the first time in years for the Wrangler and multiple dealerships are selling for 7% below invoice on them. The only reason 2018 was as good as it was was do to it being the first year of the JL and there was pent up demand from past Wrangler owners wanting to upgrade. Now that demand is gone. My guess is the same thing will happen with the Gladiator although when the diesel comes out in both you might see a bump as there are a lot of guys holding out for it.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Diesel Rubicon very likely will be my next 4x4 if Ford doesn't do a good job with the Bronco.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hilarious.

I would not read these tea leaves the way they're currently being read...

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mark my words..... they are testing it to try and make the Hummer EV comparable off road and not trying to design a new wrangler type of vehicle.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6.2L K5 please

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe a Blazer Rubicon edition. Just some small changes needed,,,LOL.
Sponsored