Base

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that IS interesting!!! More choices mean more competition for the consumer dollar.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not gonna take that bet.
If GM brings an off-road wrangler competitor to the market in the next 2 years it’s going to be nowhere near as good as the bronco. It takes a lot of development time to create a vehicle like this.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If GM brings an off-road wrangler competitor to the market in the next 2 years it’s going to be nowhere near as good as the bronco. It takes a lot of development time to create a vehicle like this.
If GM built a Colorado/Canyon based SUV with a short wheelbase and ZR2 like components, it could be a formidable competitor.

There is no reason to think they didn't have it in the works years ago, and just did a better job of keeping a lid on it. From what they've actually announced so far though, Blazer and Trailblazer, they won't even be off road competitors to the baby/Maverick/Scout.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And maybe by then British Leyland will have been bought by FCA Renault, thus becoming ultimately owned by Jeep.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The big question in my mind is, will Ford and GM be as good as the Jeep. Or will they settle for being close enough for Government work. Close only counts in horse shoes, and hand grenades. Not in an off-road vehicle.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The big question in my mind is, will Ford and GM be as good as the Jeep. Or will they settle for being close enough for Government work. Close only counts in horse shoes, and hand grenades. Not in an off-road vehicle.
Ford has or use to have the ability to build very good off road vehicles the Raptor proves this. Lets just hope the upper management lets the designer do so and not force them to turn out crap like GM has in the Blazer and Trailblazer.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has or use to have the ability to build very good off road vehicles the Raptor proves this. Lets just hope the upper management lets the designer do so and not force them to turn out crap like GM has in the Blazer and Trailblazer.
I agree brother. Back in the day Ford built some tough trucks including the Bronco that hit the mark. Sadly bean counters have taken a ton of control over manufacturing. Hopefully Ford will, and I know they can, hit the ball out of the park with the new Bronco. They are playing the long game, and keeping us "would be" buyers on the hook with very little information. They lost me to Jeep 3 weeks ago, but I'm hoping the Bronco will be good enough to pull me back into the fold.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are playing the long game, and keeping us "would be" buyers on the hook with very little information. They lost me to Jeep 3 weeks ago, but I'm hoping the Bronco will be good enough to pull me back into the fold

I'm sure you're not the only one but some of us once we pull the trigger on something else we may locked in for up to six years.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting. I'm quite impressed with what GM has done with the Colorado ZR2.

I definitely welcome more off-road suv competition but I sure do wish Chevy didn't use the Blazer name on this crossover thing. It's not going to be the same with out the Blazer name as competition.
Sponsored