First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same. Whatever and wherever it is the colder the weather the worse it is. I'm having the same issue.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concern.
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ksjrb03

I fixed that damn sound and it has nothing to do with the tailgate itself. I went to the back and just started pushing on random pieces / panels. Lo and behold, when I tapped on the plastic to the right of the latch area, where it meets the body, it made the exact sound I was hearing. I happened to have some felt tape, so I cut it up and shoved multiple pieces in there. The side making the most noise was the inside, towards the cabin. The outer side made little noise but I figured I'd cover it just to be sure. I took it for a test drive and sure enough, it was that plastic panel making that loud ass noise. I'll take it for another drive tomorrow on a bad road to be 100% sure, but I didn't hear it once on the drive I took.

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle 141845AC-6BB2-481B-B987-677AC123C727
Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle DC5855D4-3647-49A9-B0D6-CC10E0EF2082

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ksjrb03

I fixed that damn sound and it has nothing to do with the tailgate itself. I went to the back and just started pushing on random pieces / panels. Lo and behold, when I tapped on the plastic to the right of the latch area, where it meets the body, it made the exact sound I was hearing. I happened to have some felt tape, so I cut it up and shoved multiple pieces in there. The side making the most noise was the inside, towards the cabin. The outer side made little noise but I figured I'd cover it just to be sure. I took it for a test drive and sure enough, it was that plastic panel making that loud ass noise. I'll take it for another drive tomorrow on a bad road to be 100% sure, but I didn't hear it once on the drive I took.

Wow! Thatā€™s awesome, great investigative work! I will get some more felt tape and give that a go. I used up all my rolls on the other rattles šŸ˜‚

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems there is 3 different noises you can get.

The squeaky waterbottle noise which is the rear window seal on tailgate paint.

The tailgate click which is ?

The tailgate rattle which is the plastic around the rear cargo door latch

Sponsored

Robb

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camry XSE V6, 2021 2 door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another one with the rattle, 2021 2 dr base Sas, took it in about three weeks ago for first oil change at 3200 miles. I have a take home work car so I donā€™t drive the bronco much except on the weekends. After the oil change I noticed a weird click/tapping sound coming from what sounds like the inside of the upper left side of the tailgate.

Iā€™m not too much of a tripper for rattles inside but this one has no pattern, canā€™t replicate it unless driving, and it seems to be getting worse.

wife drove while I rode in the back and vise versa and we both pinpointed it to a click/tap/ inside the tailgate on the upper left side.

Reading this thread it appears there is no fix from Ford yetā€¦

this thing has the potential to make it not bearable if it gets worse

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another one with the rattle, 2021 2 dr base Sas, took it in about three weeks ago for first oil change at 3200 miles. I have a take home work car so I donā€™t drive the bronco much except on the weekends. After the oil change I noticed a weird click/tapping sound coming from what sounds like the inside of the upper left side of the tailgate.

Iā€™m not too much of a tripper for rattles inside but this one has no pattern, canā€™t replicate it unless driving, and it seems to be getting worse.

wife drove while I rode in the back and vise versa and we both pinpointed it to a click/tap/ inside the tailgate on the upper left side.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What about the little tray area under the cargo area? That might sound like the tailgate from the front seat. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
My thoughts exactly. When I took delivery of mine, I had a rattle also and found my dealer had placed the 16" breaker bar and socket kit in there.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, it will get worse and it is unbearable. The only two known "fixes" for the tick are getting the dealer to replace and repaint a new tailgate, or spray the crap out of the interior of tailgate with lube.

Robb

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, it will get worse and it is unbearable. The only two known "fixes" for the tick are getting the dealer to replace and repaint a new tailgate, or spray the crap out of the interior of tailgate with lube.
Not idealā€¦.itā€™s my first Fordā€¦

I gave the Ford bot My info soā€¦.

Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Softer suspension helps too! LOL. I don't notice it nearly as much after installing my eibach coilovers.

Robb

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford bot emailed me and I eventually had a Ford representative call me.

took all my info and forwarded it to my local dealer (who I donā€™t have much faith in) and scheduled me an appt. also gave me what is their version of a case number detailing the issue. I should also add they ( ford rep) informed me I had an outstanding recall. I took my bronco in about 3 weeks ago for its first oil change and the dealer never mentioned any recall, hence the lack of faith in them.

so...thank you to the forum as ford would have never reached out unless I went to the dealer myself.

Iā€™ll update when I hear something

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another one to the list.

Fixed the squeak on the window, only to now be able to hear the dreaded clicking/tapping noise. It sounds like a loose rivet or a cracked weld to me. No idea on the tailgate build, but it certainly sounds like a metal to metal connection has failed.

N4berg

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
This ā€œtick tick tickā€ rattle coming from the cavity of the tailgate is driving me absolutely nuts. I followed the advice of others in this channel and removed the tailgate panels and sprayed WD-40 on the bolts. That didnā€™t work, so I sprayed WD-40 in every tailgate hole possible. Made a huge mess. Reduced the frequency of the ticking, but still very present on any road that isnā€™t perfectly smooth. @Ford Motor Company when will this be fixed??

N4berg

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
This ā€œtick tick tickā€ rattle coming from the cavity is the tailgate is driving me absolutely nuts. I followed the advice of others in this channel and removed the tailgate panels and sprayed WD-40 on the bolts. That didnā€™t work, so I spray WD-40 in every tailgate hole possible. Made a huge mess. Reduced the frequency of the ticking, but still very present on any road that isnā€™t perfectly smooth. @Ford Motor Company when will
Sponsored