Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

waiting for the badges to arrive but they ordered and painted a new gate for me - hoping it has better weld spots. I know it's possible cause it is not on others at their dealership
Man that’s crazy, thought this will be an easy fix. I have set up an appointment with my dealer to take a look at it
Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

waiting for the badges to arrive but they ordered and painted a new gate for me - hoping it has better weld spots. I know it's possible cause it is not on others at their dealership
Are you referring to the circle weld spots. Can. You show a pic. Was there an obvious visual issue with the welds?

JayhawkJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I noticed my noise about 500 miles ago, right about when it started getting colder. The noises were exactly like the videos posted earlier in this thread. What I found are the 2 pieces on top of the tailgate, and the one on the side near the latch move. If you push down and wiggle they pop. I've never seen this on my other vehicles, and why Ford didn't do a better job with how they are attached (top two), or materials used (feels like plastic instead of dense rubber) who knows.

The top two actually pop off easy, and I used some aerosol can fluid film and hit the back of the pieces and the nubs that attach it to the gate. While the passenger side piece was off I also sprayed fluid film down onto the inside bolts of the hinges for good measure. I didn't do the side piece as it was getting dark and it was attached differently with a plastic looking phillips head screw? So there was a few clicks but not every few seconds which I think is the one I didn't remove.

I don't think this will be all I do as they still move around quite freely. I don't think putting some PPF under there will help because I think the problem is the material used in the pieces. I might use clear RTV to make them stop moving, and it's not permanent. Maybe someone can make them out of some quality rubber and I'll buy them. Keep posting feedback, great community!

rattlegate.jpg
I don't think that's it, at least not generally. I took these out completely and the sound was still there.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you referring to the circle weld spots. Can. You show a pic. Was there an obvious visual issue with the welds?
yes. over a period of a variety of visits to the service center, who mind you has been super cool from the start, have tested every single rubber bumper, nub, screw, plastic piece, removed and on, plastic screws holding the wires within that plastic removable piece on the interior - retaped those wires , possible area to lube, tire on, tire off, and the sound consistently comes from the same exact spot, within the cavity of the door, near the top left interior corner if you are looking at the door while it is ajar. no there is nothing that looks like a flaw in the welds but it just seems like there is some slight stress happening that is causing the metal to slightly bend creating a click anytime the truck goes over something that isn't smooth pavement.

They are as we speak putting on a new rear gate and tomorrow I will have it back to hopefully find that it is fixed. My biggest concern is that the problem is so pervasive that a new gate still doesn't fix it. They ordered gate, then it had to be painted - matching the color was an element cause I have Area 51 and it's a mix, and then the badges like the horse and ford logo that need to be added.

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I still cannot fix mine as I have tried everything that hasn’t included a dealer. Might cave and go there, maybe they know something I don’t.

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having the exact same issue. Sounds like the tailgate is overly stressed or those bump stops are not seating correctly to the tailgate. To me, the bump stops are very flemsy and should not be able to move around so easily. If you look at a jeep, those are rubber and mounted firmly to the tailgate. I am taking mine to the dealership to report.
Same noise started happening to mine today . Was driving me crazy . Glad I found that I’m not the only one . I’ll be watching the thread and taking mine to the dealership as well .

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Took mine in to Tomball ford. They said 48 hours to diagnose it has been 6 days. Tech tried to say he did not hear any noise luckily I recorded a video a day before I dropped it off. Sent them the video, radio silence since then will see what they come back with tomorrow

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Count me in as well,. So much rattling on any sort of bump, ford techs said its nothing out of the ordinary….

I’m getting the exact same tailgate noise. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Seems to be slightly different than most people on this thread.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the magnet doesn't work try some silicone or some expanding foam both i have used with success in the past.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting the exact same tailgate noise. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Seems to be slightly different than most people on this thread.
It honestly sounds more like my seats, when I have the back ones down it sounds a bit better.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard to tell from the video, but sounds like the rear lift window vibrating against the stops. Wedge some foam or something in there and see if it goes away. Could also be the seats, but that would be wayyyy louder than my seats rattle.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hard to tell from the video, but sounds like the rear lift window vibrating against the stops. Wedge some foam or something in there and see if it goes away. Could also be the seats, but that would be wayyyy louder than my seats rattle.
I have a soft-top, so that can’t be it 😕

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a soft-top, so that can’t be it 😕
Put your seats in the down position and see if it gets better. Thats how I diagnosed my seats were rattly. I thought it was the tailgate too, but it was a combination of the seats and the rear hatch window on the hardtop. Of course there is also people with tailgate rattles, I just havent had that pleasure yet even though it sounded like it was the tailgate.

I know someone who removed the spare to diagnose a tailgate rattle, i think it was the little nubs that the tire rests against causing the issue.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully it's not someone's lunch fork.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to report that my brand new bronco with 15 miles has the dreaded tailgate rattle. Oh MAN is it annoying. My dealer tried for almost a week to find exactly what was wrong before I took delivery.. They took the entire tailgate apart and they couldn’t diagnose the problem. Apparently they asked the local rep if this is becoming common and the answer was yes and that nothing currently can be done. I was told that Ford is collecting VINs to follow the issue and will hopefully come out with a resolution.
Sponsored