Sponsored

Go ahead and flame me. I switched to Soft Top.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same, no flame! Soft top, changed to 4-door! Dealer manager called to make sure they got my revised details and are making the change! I’m steady refreshing my order page on the Ford site.

Hope it comes in time for my vacation on the moon (rendering pictured).

560D2DC8-4BA5-4596-9B24-46CBEF80E20A.jpeg
You probably will never see the change on your ford.com account. Inexplicably, their order system and their web page accounts don't communicate very well. Make sure you have the printed order summary to confirm your change.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did a lot of thinking, analyzing, comparing about my use case and desires. Weighed all the pros and cons, and switched to the soft top.
Congratulations! I have thought long and hard about it the last two days and decided to stick it out. Hopefully you will be in the July or August builds.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
My man!! Making the right choice! As for being a wear item, that is indeed true but don't really fret it. You take care of it and it'll last a long long time. First thing you'll notice is the windows getting cloudy or scratched over time but that's no reason to throw it away. Might even be methods to reverse that but I never cared enough to look into it. Current top on my Jeep is going on 4 years old this year and still looks and functions like new.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am determined to eventually damage many different styles of tops....White hardtop, soft, bimini... and aftermarkets too. This is my last and greatest 4x.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My man!! Making the right choice! As for being a wear item, that is indeed true but don't really fret it. You take care of it and it'll last a long long time. First thing you'll notice is the windows getting cloudy or scratched over time but that's no reason to throw it away. Might even be methods to reverse that but I never cared enough to look into it. Current top on my Jeep is going on 4 years old this year and still looks and functions like new.
Ive seen some videos online of products that recondition old jeep soft top windows, it seems a few layers of product and some elbow grease will clean them up no problem. Definitely something I’m OK with.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been soft top only the whole time. Good choice. I did delete my tow package today. Dealer said he could do an aftermarket for me no problem. I have to try anything that I can to get my truck before the snow flys. Good luck.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been soft top only the whole time. Good choice. I did delete my tow package today. Dealer said he could do an aftermarket for me no problem. I have to try anything that I can to get my truck before the snow flys. Good luck.
I’m honestly considering dropping tow package as well. I know aftermarket hitches could be the same quality or better, I just feel like having the 7 pin connector and all that stuff wired up would be hard to do or annoying to do aftermarket. I don’t neeeeed the tow package right away, but losing a truck bed, it would be nice to have if I ever need to carry oversized stuff for home improvement, moving, stuff like that.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No flame from me either, especially since I made same decision about a week ago after first learning switching to a soft top may help place in line. I am a July 20th reservation holder and not trying to be one of the first, I just want to get it this year.

To be honest, once they said MOD tops were not happening in 2021, I reluctantly changed to MIC to keep a 21. However, I prefer the darker black gloss top and probably would have spent more $$ repainting the MIC. Thus changing to the soft top when MIC was said to be delayed was an easy choice. My plan is now to purchase a new hard top once they are available. Who knows, I may decide on a body colored top. I have had a Jeep CJ5 since I was 19 so already know all the pros and cons of a soft top. For me, taking the Bronco out camping/overlanding for a few days where you may want to use a convertible and/or get out of the elements is really best for a soft top. Hard to store that hard top at the campsite ;) Because I also need this to be a daily driver I will get a hardtop as soon as I find one i like. Connections for wiper/defrost... I am hoping aftermarket takes care of that but its not a show stopper for me. I mean we have a rear camera and I have never seen a real need for the rear wiper on my other cars.

Now about the other hold up - tow package. I kicked myself when I learned that was also going to hold up orders when I changed to soft top. I actually felt guilty asking dealer to change it so soon after top change so convinced myself that the tow package had to be a none issue. Well after reading on here last night about more tow package woes (and that posted Ford email) I went ahead and removed that too today. Dealer seemed happy to do it, especially after I promised no more changes. Yes, my changes are done as I will not settle for lesser options (2.7L, Lux, and Sasquatch). Now its wait to see if I am an early build or not with a July 20th reservation number....

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
My brother had a jeep with a soft top, but 90% of the time it had no top on.

So it makes sense for ppl like him.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped dual for soft only on Tuesday.

I'm late October so if I don't make cutoff ill switch back to dual.

If I do get built, I will have saved $1700 and will buy some sort of hardtop later.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My old jeep soft top was nothing compared to my bronco soft top. And the jeep version held up great sitting outside 24/7 365 in Colorado wet summers and snowy winters for about 15 years. Windows were a little scratched and fabric weathered...but it still worked and looked good. Plus much lighter and more durable than hardtop/glass when heavy offroading. Very happy with my bronco soft top that Ive been enjoying almost 2 weeks now

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old jeep soft top was nothing compared to my bronco soft top. And the jeep version held up great sitting outside 24/7 365 in Colorado wet summers and snowy winters for about 15 years. Windows were a little scratched and fabric weathered...but it still worked and looked good. Plus much lighter and more durable than hardtop/glass when heavy offroading. Very happy with my bronco soft top that Ive been enjoying almost 2 weeks now
Good to hear. My soft top is going to get the same treatment between time in Calgary, Crowsnest Pass and Fernie. I expect to wake up some time this winter and find 3+ feet of snow sitting on the lid…

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/15/20 reservation
3/2 order BL, 4dr, 2.7, non-SAS, MIC, high, tow
4/22 production scheduled for 6/28 (VIN)
6/26, 7/6, 8/5, 8/7 production dates pushed
8/12 switched to soft top
9/2 BUILT

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No flame here. I switched as well a long time ago. I realized I live in TEXAS and outside of two weeks of snowpocalypse, its HOT and I want that top down. It's an offroad vehicle not a Cadillac Escalade (barf).
Sponsored