Sponsored

Go Antimatter Blue! (2-Door Antimatter Blue goes to Ann Arbor)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok.. new video!
I go to Ann Arbor to visit my friends Jeff and Paul with my new Bronco. I take the Bronco to Michigan Stadium, explain how to take the roof off, makes a surprise entrance to Paul's house by driving on his lawn (glad he was not upset... I did NOT give him warning). I finally figure out how to put the two roof panels in the bag and secure them and then compare the size of the 2-door Bronco to Paul's old F-150 Truck.

Here is the Video:

Ford Bronco Go Antimatter Blue! (2-Door Antimatter Blue goes to Ann Arbor) Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.24.52 PM

Ford Bronco Go Antimatter Blue! (2-Door Antimatter Blue goes to Ann Arbor) Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.26.43 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beautiful truck, and almost makes me wish Iā€™d gotten that build, minus rack, plus mod bumper and post-purchase 30ā€ BFGs. Minus Jim Harbaugh šŸ˜…

But I really need the soft top, and the Base 4-door is not available in manual.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That blue! Wow! Thanks for posting.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ll say it again: Though ultimately I need a soft top, I didnā€™t switch until Ford said switching would hasten delivery. I am THRILLED with my revised build and should have it soon, but I would have been perfectly happy with a 2-door Base and saved a LOT of money, and could have gotten an aftermarket soft top. So, as happy as I am for Pancho and others, it REALLY pisses me (and my bank account) off that Ford in fact has delivered so many hardtop Broncos, and Iā€™m still waitingā€”when I could have stuck with the much less expensive and totally handsome Base build.

As much as I love the MGV and washout floors Iā€™ll be getting and the convenience of the four doors and soft top (and the looks of both), Iā€™d take a 2-door Base instead, in a heartbeat, if they gave me that option this week. The monthly note would make it worth those tradeoffs.

At the time I made it switch, the buzz was sounding like sticking with the MIC top could delay me until 2022.

I jumped to Black Diamond because I wanted the soft top but the Base 4-door only comes in an automatic, and I viewed the Big Bend as a half measure and a glorified Base with much less cool wheels. Figured if I was going to switch to four doors and soft top, the BD was on not about $4k more than the Base 4-door and has MGV, washout floors, mod bumper, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That Base stance looks awesome, and I love the sparking AMB in the photo with the door open.

BroncoRG5222

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my exact build! I have no idea when i will get it though. I have an order number but no VIN yet. The wait is painful.......

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That Base stance looks awesome, and I love the sparking AMB in the photo with the door open.
It really does look sparkly blue in the sun and black in the shade/cloudy days. I am fine with that. I get 2 colors in one.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ll say it again: Though ultimately I need a soft top, I didnā€™t switch until Ford said switching would hasten delivery. I am THRILLED with my revised build and should have it soon, but I would have been perfectly happy with a 2-door Base and saved a LOT of money, and could have gotten an aftermarket soft top. So, as happy as I am for Pancho and others, it REALLY pisses me (and my bank account) off that Ford in fact has delivered so many hardtop Broncos, and Iā€™m still waitingā€”when I could have stuck with the much less expensive and totally handsome Base build.

As much as I love the MGV and washout floors Iā€™ll be getting and the convenience of the four doors and soft top (and the looks of both), Iā€™d take a 2-door Base instead, in a heartbeat, if they gave me that option this week. The monthly note would make it worth those tradeoffs.

At the time I made it switch, the buzz was sounding like sticking with the MIC top could delay me until 2022.

I jumped to Black Diamond because I wanted the soft top but the Base 4-door only comes in an automatic, and I viewed the Big Bend as a half measure and a glorified Base with much less cool wheels. Figured if I was going to switch to four doors and soft top, the BD was on not about $4k more than the Base 4-door and has MGV, washout floors, mod bumper, etc.
Thanks for sharing. So sorry to hear this story. I was limited in my options. I did not want to spend much more than a "normal car". Also, I had a manual transmission Mustang and wanted to stay with a manual.

I looked at the Base 2-door as a price hack (and even recorded a specific video about that as well: )

Moving up trim levels or even thinking about the Sasquatch at a ~$7300 premium was not on my radar. I figured I would get my vehicle when it was ready because I could keep driving the Mustang.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. So sorry to hear this story. I was limited in my options. I did not want to spend much more than a "normal car". Also, I had a manual transmission Mustang and wanted to stay with a manual.

I looked at the Base 2-door as a price hack (and even recorded a specific video about that as well: )

Moving up trim levels or even thinking about the Sasquatch at a ~$7300 premium was not on my radar. I figured I would get my vehicle when it was ready because I could keep driving the Mustang.
On reveal night 7/13/2020, the only way I was able to justify getting a Bronco was a 2-door Base, and I loved it because I loved the Base, so at that price it was a win-win. I had a perfectly capable vehicle that had many more years left and was paid-off. The Base price allowed me to indulge my emotional ā€œneedā€ for a Bronco.

FINALLY! Not only my favorite vehicle of all time was back, but offered in a true base format and not as strictly a fancy SUV! And more affordable than a base Jeep and with more features! Yes, a true price hack.

Cut to May 2021. 10 months of waiting. Ford says MIC top could cause months of extra delay. My emotions spur me to switch to soft top and four-door, both of which actually make more sense for me, though not budget-wise. I realize a four-door Base is only in auto and costs several thousand more than the 2-door. I then see that for $10k more instead of $6k more, I can get a manual BD 4-door with MGV and washout floors. If Iā€™m going to have to pay more for a soft top, may as well have the transmission I want.

By that point, nearly a year of waiting for my top-down Bronco had me, guy who didnā€™t even ā€œneedā€ something new a year ago, researching Gladiators and Wranglers as a backup. But all those were more expensive than even my new BD build, which though beyond my budget, still a price hack of its own.

I love my new build and will get it soon ā€” and take on its note. But I wish I were getting the Base. I truly believed a 2-door might not be available until next year.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks Pancho, love seeing a Base being enjoyed. Most folks say how shocked they are at the Bronco's large size, I think that's the Sasquatch effect. I've seen probably 20 Broncos, all sassed or Badlands, I'm glad to see your non sas, looks right sized. Can't wait for my nonSas Big Bend. I think your friends need to act more excited, don't they know the blood, sweat and tears you've been through!!

BTW for your canoe tie down, I always loop through a spare wheel hole with the back rope, works well other than having to untie to open the tailgate. You probably already know, but I would move the forward crossbar to it's further forward position for the canoe. I may order a third rail from Ford so I can leave it up there, but it's half the price ($195) of the entire Rack option. I just ordered the Yakima canoe tie downs from Proline Racks, a bit cheaper than Ford if you haven't already gotten it.

Last edited:

BroncoRG5222

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What did you get the order confirmed?
I have no idea. Dealer got 1st bronco in last week and has 3 more scheduled that are coming in soon. He says it is getting closer but also that Ford has really mishandled this badly and they do not get told much.

How do you make them give you confirmation?
Sponsored