Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man, I seriously wonder if any of you have ever upgraded an off-road vehicle. No way the jump from 35s to 37s requires $15k in work. Hell you could probably put a 1” spacer lift on and the tires and be totally fine.
Either way, you can bet Ford isn’t going to put axles that work fine for 35s but totally become unreliable for 37s. You will only need 1” of extra lift to maintain factory clearances.
Seriously? Looks like you have a Wrangler, which as you are well aware is an SFA. Lifting a Solid Axle truck is cheap and easy, but fitting 37s properly with any thoughts of rock crawling is absolutely something you wouldn't do on a Dana 44.

Maybe a trailer park level lift and crawling is taken on with those small axles, but maybe you haven't broken one?

I have a buddy who runs Dana 60 on his 37s. Any serious crawler runs a 60 on 40s.

Lifting an IFS is a much different proposition than the SFA Wrangler, so like I said, it would cause for a totally new suspension to lift an IFS 3-4 inches due to the strain on the control arms to start. Everything would need to be beefed up; everything.

I don't question whether or not you're a wheeler. You're in Georgia and have a Wrangler, but I am questioning if you've had experience with an IFS; but to your defense, most haven't because no one crawls with an IFS really that they've lifted and tried to fit 37s or larger. Most serious crawling thus far is done on a Wrangler. Install Skyjacker and FOX and call it a day.
Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm ordering the Base + Sasquatch for the all the upgraded goodies that matter. The lockers, gears, stronger axles, the works.

I'll drive the 35 inch tires for the first year until they go bald with the plans to upgrade too a much bigger size. Hopefully.

I'm thinking of going to 38 inch tires. And since the Bronco and Sasquatch package comes pretty built from the factory im thinking a 2 or 3 inch extra lift to fit them would work.

Whats your best guess on how much a lift would cost+ 38" tires installed. Im thinking $3,000 at the most.
Way underestimated the cost.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seriously? Looks like you have a Wrangler, which as you are well aware is an SFA. Lifting a Solid Axle truck is cheap and easy, but fitting 37s properly with any thoughts of rock crawling is absolutely something you wouldn't do on a Dana 44.

Maybe a trailer park level lift and crawling is taken on with those small axles, but maybe you haven't broken one?

I have a buddy who runs Dana 60 on his 37s. Any serious crawler runs a 60 on 40s.

Lifting an IFS is a much different proposition than the SFA Wrangler, so like I said, it would cause for a totally new suspension to lift an IFS 3-4 inches due to the strain on the control arms to start. Everything would need to be beefed up; everything.

I don't question whether or not you're a wheeler. You're in Georgia and have a Wrangler, but I am questioning if you've had experience with an IFS; but to your defense, most haven't because no one crawls with an IFS really that they've lifted and tried to fit 37s or larger. Most serious crawling thus far is done on a Wrangler. Install Skyjacker and FOX and call it a day.
and most “serious rock crawlers” wouldn’t take an IFS vehicle seriously to begin with, but I digress. The original poster did not ask what he’d have to spend to impress you and your friends, he asked what it would cost to go up a single tire size over the stock tires on a Sasquatch. 1” larger radius tire will not require 3-4” of lift or Dana 60s. Truth be told, you could probably do it without changing anything but the bump stops(though I wouldn’t recommend that).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and most “serious rock crawlers” wouldn’t take an IFS vehicle seriously to begin with, but I digress. The original poster did not ask what he’d have to spend to impress you and your friends, he asked what it would cost to go up a single tire size over the stock tires on a Sasquatch. 1” larger radius tire will not require 3-4” of lift or Dana 60s. Truth be told, you could probably do it without changing anything but the bump stops(though I wouldn’t recommend that).
With all due respect, go back and read his posts. Stock is 35", he said 38". There is a big difference doing that on an IFS. Him lifting this Bronco and fitting 38s won't be done without a lot of expense unless it's just for show. I never assume a guy will get an off roader just for show, he'll have to proclaim that shit; feel me?

I never said the lift would require a Dana 60 because I don't know of a Dana 60 that would even fit a new Bronco, that's uncharted territory.

In my post that you even quoted I said no serious crawler does so in an IFS. But since you wheel, have a Rubicon, but for some reason is on an IFS Bronco site, I guess you're looking at things a little different for the Bronco as well, yea?

I won't be crawling in my Bronco, just trail running. Why? Because i have a 99' Disco on 35's with 1 ton Dana. Thats my crawler and I'm not really a crawler, just an overlander, shooter, camper, and hunter.

On top of it all, I'm also a Bammer and damn proud of it too! Roll Damn Tide

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all due respect, go back and read his posts. Stock is 35", he said 38". There is a big difference doing that on an IFS. Him lifting this Bronco and fitting 38s won't be done without a lot of expense unless it's just for show. I never assume a guy will get an off roader just for show, he'll have to proclaim that shit; feel me?

I never said the lift would require a Dana 60 because I don't know of a Dana 60 that would even fit a new Bronco, that's uncharted territory.

In my post that you even quoted I said no serious crawler does so in an IFS. But since you wheel, have a Rubicon, but for some reason is on an IFS Bronco site, I guess you're looking at things a little different for the Bronco as well, yea?

I won't be crawling in my Bronco, just trail running. Why? Because i have a 99' Disco on 35's with 1 ton Dana. Thats my crawler and I'm not really a crawler, just an overlander, shooter, camper, and hunter.

On top of it all, I'm also a Bammer and damn proud of it too! Roll Damn Tide
I’m not really looking to argue on the internet. Just trying to offer the OP the truth about what can be done to run a larger tire.

I’m on a Bronco site because I ordered one. I care much more about removable doors and top than I do about the ability to rock crawl.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had been leaning towards a Black Diamond with or w/o Sasquatch depending on price but I'm making the push for a 4 door Badlands, 2.7 10A, Marine grade vinyl washout interior with High package and the special Badlands only 17" bead lock rims and the 285 series 33" Mud Terrains tires. I had gone back and forth between Black Diamond and a Basesquatch but no marine grade vinyl wasn't going to work. (I need MGV for my dog)

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see why the IFS would be a problem? Ford built this system pretty well. I mean the Wart Hog will come with 37s right from the factory with this IFS system. I don't see why 38s would be a problem.
Warthog will have completely different front suspension and axles. The CV angle will be your biggest issue to overcome.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lifting an IFS another 2-3 inches, if even reasonably possible with the Bronco within the first 2 years is an entirely new suspension.

Dana 44s really aren't strong enough to take 37" or larger tires with any expectation of going off road.

All told, you're looking at maybe $12K on the low end. You're not even getting a Badlands to build off of, but since you'll need an entirely new suspension, may not matter.

Your target cost is likely somewhere between $12K-$16K with parts and labor. Now if you can wrench yourself and you know how to weld or have a buddy, maybe $7K.

I am of course not talking cut rate parts, but decent set up here for these guesstimates. Sure others can share some opinions on doing something similar on a 4 runner or Tacoma, but I don't know many who would even try to lift their IFS enough to fit tires that big. 35" is as big as I see most guys even try who will actually wheel their rigs.
this sounds ridiculously expensive to add slightly bigger tires.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$3,000?
38x13.5x17's will run around $400-$500 each, not mounted not to mention tire selection is very limited.
A cheap lift (say EZ ride 3") probably around $300-$400 [definitely wouldn't recommend this lift]
Install costs on an IDS in the front, probably looking at 6-8hrs in labor
Think 3k is probably low, especially if you get a legit lift

6" lift on my F350 still required cutting of the bumper to put on 38x13.5's and even with all that, at lock would rub if you hit a bump. Not many lifts are made to easily accommodate 38s. Hell most Jeep kits don't recommend 38's without cutting. All that adds time to an install. You'd probably want new rims instead of the 17's as 17's significantly limit tires available over 35". So add 18" rims to this whole event.
37’s on a Gen 1 Raptor, with fiberglass and paint, is under $10K max. Even if you go with aftermarket 3.0 shocks, it was barely $9,500 if you shopped it right. That included hammering/cutting the pinch welds, installing 3.0 shocks, new fiberglass fenders, paint, new wheels, new tires, and cutting the front bumper with a cutoff wheel to fit the 37 at full bump and lock.

That price goes up if you want a new front bumper, new upper control arms, new tie rods, etc...none of which is necessary to go get yourself into some shit you shouldn’t be in without a cage but it still provides enough ride improvement and off-road compliance to be worth it. Just have to remember that the bronco isn’t an Ultra-4 rig and I’m sure 99% of the off-roading people will be doing, the 37’s would be pretty OK.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just have to remember that the bronco isn’t an Ultra-4 rig and I’m sure 99% of the off-roading people will be doing, the 37’s would be pretty OK.
Just remember, some of those curbs at the malls are pretty extreme...

Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember, some of those curbs at the malls are pretty extreme...
Raptor owners get a bad rap for thinking their truck is an off-the-lot trophy truck. I imagine bronco owners will be getting a bad rap for thinking they have an ultra-4 rig.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this sounds ridiculously expensive to add slightly bigger tires.
Correct Drew. Why do you think so many of us were upset that the new Bronco isn't an SFA.

Those who wheel and wanted a true Wrangler direct competitor wanted to be able to mod a Bronco the same way Wrangler owners do, with a level of ease and more cost options.

Just do some research on lifting an IFS. Read, watch some videos, then see for yourself.

Again, not talking a cheap trailer park lift, because you can't take that off road because parts would break.

My low number is mid tier, the high number is quality suspension.

Most guys don't try to lift IFS vehicles beyond 2 inches or run tires larger than 33", or 35". Fitting 37s without breaking the bank would be amazing, but I question the strength of the suspension.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can get 39.5 Super Swamper Irocks or Tsls for less than $1700 and if 35s clear I think a 2 or 3 inch kit should do the trick. Shouldnt be more than another $1000 based off ranger and toyota kits. Unless you are changjng struts then you have your factories to sell to a Ranger guy for $500. I am personally looking to do what you are but likely only going with whatever spacer kit Ford sells and doing 36x12.50s LTB Swampers. Maybe LTB fronts and Bogger rears.
With lockers that should go through anything short of a lake or a straight up wall. I also shouldnt be in the realm of breakage at that size. You can compensate tire diameter for aggressive tread a lil bit once you get up to 35s. Honestly if you just 35" Boggered a Sasquatch you would own most any trail. Especially if you cut them properly for side hilling.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct Drew. Why do you think so many of us were upset that the new Bronco isn't an SFA.

Those who wheel and wanted a true Wrangler direct competitor wanted to be able to mod a Bronco the same way Wrangler owners do, with a level of ease and more cost options.

Just do some research on lifting an IFS. Read, watch some videos, then see for yourself.

Again, not talking a cheap trailer park lift, because you can't take that off road because parts would break.

My low number is mid tier, the high number is quality suspension.

Most guys don't try to lift IFS vehicles beyond 2 inches or run tires larger than 33", or 35". Fitting 37s without breaking the bank would be amazing, but I question the strength of the suspension.
Well, with most IFS set ups, going up one tire size from stock is pretty easily doable...but I realize that is often / usually 31s to 33s, or 33s to 35s sometimes. I am optimistice that the 35 to 37 jump on Bronco is not more than moderately difficult or expensive. I will run 35s until they wear out anyway, and by that time people will have well figured out how to best lift the truck, and what needs to be replaced. I just don't see any scenario where going up one tire size with a 2" or so lift is going to cost anywhere near 20 grand. No way. It's just so far out of reality for what people pay to lift and modify trucks to go up a tire size from stock. Hopefully Ford releases their 2" lift designed for 37s too, as that will help drive the market.