Sponsored

Go Pro alternative for recording trails?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have any alternatives they have used that are cheaper than go pro for recording trail rides? I know there are plenty out there that are cheaper but not sure about the quality of them. Just looking for a decent quality video of when I'm out traveling around that I can mount to the dash.
Sponsored

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not to be one of those guys OP but you get what you pay for. The image stablization tech is worth it.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not to be one of those guys OP but you get what you pay for. The image stablization tech is worth it.
I agree that the more expensive ones will have better technology but for my needs I don't really need anything crazy good quality wise. Just good enough to see the trails I'm on for my own viewing. Pretty much just need something that is clear recording and won't die on me lol

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just used a SJCAM sj4000 with a simple mount during the NH off-Roadeo and it worked great. Got a large SD card and it was pretty seamless. Just make sure you have a camera holster has the 1/4” threaded mount input.

Camera: SJCAM SJ4000 https://a.co/9iSA2qn
Mount: SMALLRIG LCD Monitor Shoe Adapter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062TVHBE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Ford Bronco Go Pro alternative for recording trails? AC2FDCB6-1AC5-4566-9C43-73263CBBBDB7
Thanks for the link to the camera mount. That will save me some money from having to purchase a rail for the bronco dash

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like image stabilization for smoothing out shaking, but its annoying when it makes the horizon stable and you just see the hood tilting side to side. You loose perspective on how off camber or steep sections of trail are.
Sponsored