Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Any idea if you would need to remove the factory rock rails for install? I have a Badlands coming someday...
You can only have one or the other.
Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a different GoRhino step which doesn't drop low. They are subtle and nice

11.jpeg
Do you have a photo from the side to show how much of the pinch weld shows?

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was encouraged to share some photos of the Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D1 steps I recently installed on my 4dr Wildtrak.

IMG_20210809_231046_924~2.jpg

Initial thoughts are mostly good. I do have some critical feedback though.

PXL_20210809_160939082.jpg

First thing first, install sucks! Get yourself some help and a lot of patience (or adequate amounts of your favorite beer). I did it myself and I'm no grease monkey so it can be done. I suggest searching YouTube for install videos that go over different methods that may work better for you.

PXL_20210810_125241108.jpg

I also think the design of the mounting brackets need to be tweaked just a hair. The steps are sloped down and away from the body. They function fine enough but they look saggy and in winter weather I'm afraid they might be a liability.

PXL_20210815_191657315.jpg

It should be an easy fix for the manufacturer, just add 4-5 degrees to the top mounting surface to correct for the "sag". The DIY fix will involve some sort of shims between the body and brackets. Probably an 1/8" will do, maybe 3/16".

Screenshot_20210815-154809.png

And some pictures for those of you who are going to ask about Clarence... I used the leveling feature in my phone app to take these to get the best angles I could manage. It appears that they take about 5" away from the bottom of the pinch welds.

PXL_20210815_192921330.jpg

PXL_20210815_193259948.jpg

PXL_20210815_193048251.jpg

PXL_20210815_193533345.jpg

These do a great job of keeping rocks and debris off of the rockers and doors. And for basically the same price as OEM mudflaps they provide functionality for my family.

PXL_20210815_193135135.jpg
They look great! I had been looking at them today. They are on backorder, everywhere I have looked. At least the brackets are. Don't let the naysayers bring you down. my family will need the step up, to get in my Sasquatch as well.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They look great! I had been looking at them today. They are on backorder, everywhere I have looked. At least the brackets are. Don't let the naysayers bring you down. my family will need the step up, to get in my Sasquatch as well.
Appreciate it! Family first!

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Appreciate it! Family first!
Absolutely. Ordered mine today. Backorder, but my build date isn't until Nov.

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally prefer the look of the DS or DSS but I'm wondering how functional they are for the shorter family members? (they look like they might drop the step up by a couple inches at most?)

The D1 looks perfect for that so I'm a bit torn. Good thing I have many months to think about it while I wait.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those interested, here’s a pic of the brackets installed pre-rails. Plus after install rails

Ford Bronco Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D1 Sidesteps Installed on 4-Door Wildtrak DD631EE5-F340-4969-A5B6-54557D4494CB

Ford Bronco Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D1 Sidesteps Installed on 4-Door Wildtrak 48FCC2AF-EEC1-4FF4-BB4B-A4EF8E501D7A

sidesteps1.jpg

Sidesteps2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you apply it to the pinch weld as well?
I did. It was a pain, but with a little heat it stretches much easier to conform to all the bends.

Sponsored

Shanesully

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone who has these measure the clearance from ground to bottom of step? I have these in my garage (bronco is stuck on ice mountain) and am having second thoughts about clearance. I never intend to rock climb but do plan to go off roading.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone who has these measure the clearance from ground to bottom of step? I have these in my garage (bronco is stuck on ice mountain) and am having second thoughts about clearance. I never intend to rock climb but do plan to go off roading.
There's a picture of the tape measure in the top post (>13" if you don't want to read). That's stock WT, ymmv. I don't know the difference in height between trims.

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@DETT how are you liking the slider steps after having them installed for a while? I have an OBX with factory steps and I am looking for something a little more aggressive and with another inch or two drop for the step. I will not be rock crawling, only mild offroading and have a 1" lift and 35's.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@DETT how are you liking the slider steps after having them installed for a while? I have an OBX with factory steps and I am looking for something a little more aggressive and with another inch or two drop for the step. I will not be rock crawling, only mild offroading and have a 1" lift and 35's.
They're still holding up to my fat@ss lol. No complaints here, just the typical paint chips from the Goodyear stone flingers. I still need to get myself some mudflaps...
Sponsored