IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since no white hard top will be available for a while I'm thinking of going with the soft top and get a white hard top when it is available as a separate item from the dealers. I thought there would be a dual top option so I can try and get a ball park figure on how much this will set me back. I did not see it listed in the B&P.

For the first part of this Bronco's life a hard top is best. In 5 or 6 years the soft top will be preferred. So I figure I'd just get the soft top, use if for less than a year (hopefully) and then put it in storage for a while when the white top becomes available.

Any ideas? I recall running across some discussions on white top timing and cost but can't find them.

Badlands 4 door if it matters.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The white top will likely be a modular top with $1895 price. I plan on getting the MIC grey top with MY 21 purchase and then taking it to X-Line to have it sprayed white, along with fender flares. Estimated additional costs of about $750.

OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The white top will likely be a modular top with $1895 price. I plan on getting the MIC grey top with MY 21 purchase and then taking it to X-Line to have it sprayed white, along with fender flares. Estimated additional costs of about $750.
So if its $1,895.00 and the MIC hard top is a $695.00 add on for the 4 door then it looks like waiting gets dual tops for $1,200.00 and the wait. And arguably the modular top is better. Not all that bad.

Now, how long of a wait? I bet Ford doesn't even know.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want a white top, but I'm not waiting. Who knows how long it could be. I'll live with the gray MIC top until white modular tops can be bought through the parts desk or until a 3rd party produces one.

And hopefully a vendor comes out with a 2 door soft top soon too.

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To buy a factory Jeep hardtop unpainted with wiring not installed is $3120.
And its not modular. I would to bet a ford modular you talking about more and then you have to get it painted.

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a side quest for knowledge. On the MIC top, 3 panels are removable right? Front, middle and rear. Can the rear top remove with out remove the other 2 panels? So it looks like the Bimini Top?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC
4 pieces. Driver side half, passenger side half, full width section over rear seats, clamshell.

Mod
Modular top adds removable windows to the 4 pieces described above (so 6 total).

Dual
Im not sure if this means you get both mod and soft tops OR it’s the front row only soft top option that connects to the rest middle panel. That might be an accessory.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
? no idea it came off in 4 sections. Thanks for the info! I hope we can just remove the clam shell and have that Bimini Top look. With the doors off that’ll look sweet ?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a hard time stomaching paying $1500ish for the soft top and then $3000,-$3500 for a PRIMED hard top and then having it paint for $750-$1000. Freakin have $6000 in two tops. I feel stuck no matter what we do if we want a white top.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted white too and I’m not waiting, the plan is to get the MIC top when I order and have it painted within the first two weeks.

My buddy owns a group of body shops who do all the Ford, Subaru, Lincoln, and Jeep local dealer’s body and paint . I showed him my super close up pics from seeing it live in Tennessee and he said feels good about being able to paint it, although might need some prep.

I thought about a soft top instead but decided I prefer to always either have hard top on or no top. So that’s the plan, now it’s a waiting game...

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jumping in to stay informed.

wanting a white top also.

Is this MIC top, the one with the removable rear side windows?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if its $1,895.00 and the MIC hard top is a $695.00 add on for the 4 door then it looks like waiting gets dual tops for $1,200.00 and the wait. And arguably the modular top is better. Not all that bad.

Now, how long of a wait? I bet Ford doesn't even know.
Where did you see thatbit will be $1200 for dual tops?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since no white hard top will be available for a while I'm thinking of going with the soft top and get a white hard top when it is available as a separate item from the dealers. I thought there would be a dual top option so I can try and get a ball park figure on how much this will set me back. I did not see it listed in the B&P.

For the first part of this Bronco's life a hard top is best. In 5 or 6 years the soft top will be preferred. So I figure I'd just get the soft top, use if for less than a year (hopefully) and then put it in storage for a while when the white top becomes available.

Any ideas? I recall running across some discussions on white top timing and cost but can't find them.

Badlands 4 door if it matters.
How cold would soft be in winter !!! Can I really wait ?
Sponsored