Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’ve had my truck for a week and I’ve begun to recognize two annoyances:
1) GOAT reverts to Normal mode every time I get in the car. I want it to stay in Eco mode. It’s not helpful on fuel savings if this thing reverts and every time I drive around and forget to switch modes I’m burning more gas.
2) A/C recirculate always turns off in the same manner.

Can I lock any of these settings inin the menu or to my key so they aren’t resetting?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny, I never intentionally run recirc, but everytime I turn on ac it defaults to recirc. Idk if it will stay there, cause i shut it off, but I find it annoying

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fun Fact: It has been proven by numerous 6g members that ECO mode only pays off in city driving. There is no appreciable difference between ECO and Normal mode when driven on the interstate. I can attest to this myself with 13.5k miles in the Bronco.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fun Fact: It has been proven by numerous 6g members that ECO mode only pays off in city driving. There is no appreciable difference between ECO and Normal mode when driven on the interstate. I can attest to this myself with 13.5k miles in the Bronco.
Fun Fact: I live in DC and 99% of my daily driving is in a city. :) Sounds like I'm in the key demo for making sure my Bronco doesn't turn off Eco mode every time I get in the truck.

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree both are annoying and both are normal operation.
There is a small window of time when you first get in where it asks if you want to return to the previous mode. You have to tap ok during this time otherwise it always goes back to normal.
The recirc behavio is a Ford feature to protect you from carbon monoxide. No other car I ever had did this but apparently Ford had a problem with it in the Explorer or something.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree both are annoying and both are normal operation.
There is a small window of time when you first get in where it asks if you want to return to the previous mode. You have to tap ok during this time otherwise it always goes back to normal.
The recirc behavio is a Ford feature to protect you from carbon monoxide. No other car I ever had did this but apparently Ford had a problem with it in the Explorer or something.
Thanks for the clarification. The recirc I can get over, but Ford needs to allow choosing a driving mode of choice as default for each key or something.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like to run in recirculate mode most of the time. I was stuck behind a car today that had a fuel leak or something. I had to put it back on recirc every minute to keep from getting a headache. I would love to know how to have it stay on. Every other car I have owned would stay on until I turned it off or cut the car off. Staying on recirc for 1 minute at a time SUCKS.

Sponsored

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the first 3k miles it was true for me. Recently been driving in the freeway between 75-80 and got about 17.5 MPG from 15 MPG (2.3 engine). However, eco mode also changed my diriving dynamics (less pedal smashing).

As for goat mode and AC. I do wish a a solution for goat too, but the AC recirculate stays as is for me from when I shut it down.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the clarification. The recirc I can get over, but Ford needs to allow choosing a driving mode of choice as default for each key or something.
It’s the same in all of their vehicles. Tow mode, eco, whatever. They revert back to normal on a restart. You just have to remember to look for the pop up when you get in and hit ok. Sometimes it sticks after cycling power but that’s few and far between.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fun Fact: I live in DC and 99% of my daily driving is in a city. :) Sounds like I'm in the key demo for making sure my Bronco doesn't turn off Eco mode every time I get in the truck.

press the start button with your foot not on the brake, so turn on the acc and then start with foot on brake and voila, starts in Econ mode.

Last edited:

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1). When I have it in Eco and restart it will ask if I want to keep it in Eco. If you don’t click OK pretty quickly it reverts to Normal

2). We always keep ours on Max AC then just adjust the fan speed and it stays in Recirculate mode, but we also live in S FL

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant figure out what the auto button with the 3 lights on it means... I love recirculated air though, extra filtered.
Sponsored