First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does the GOAT modes work with manual transmission? Having a manual gives up tral turning assist. Do we give up anything in GOAT if we choose the Manual?
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GOAT controls a lot of different systems, Including shift points. On a manual, I suspect the shift points are not part of the mode. I'm sure Ford could put a tack in the seat that pokes you to change gears at the appropriate times.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the GOAT modes work with manual transmission? Having a manual gives up tral turning assist. Do we give up anything in GOAT if we choose the Manual?

does it really give up trail turn assist?? if trail turn assists works as described in one of the videos, there's nothing that prevents the GOAT mode with turn assist enabled from turning off the rear locker and engaging the inside rear brake when full lock is achieved.

in the video, the vehicle is even a stick...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does it really give up trail turn assist?? if trail turn assists works as described in one of the videos, there's nothing that prevents the GOAT mode with turn assist enabled from turning off the rear locker and engaging the inside rear brake when full lock is achieved.

Ford has said that Trail Turn Assist requires the Auto... but... who knows what will change between now and delivery (or even B&P).

Also, here's what I have on the GOAT modes. I honestly don't know the source for this (and it even says "estimated", so I can't speak to its accuracy:

Ford Bronco GOAT and Manual Goat Modes

Last edited:

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Trail Turn Assist is an Auto transmission only feature. Although, they might change their minds later, like they did with the Mansquatch.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Laj.tuxmek(Miss ya friend)said that trail turn is available auto only because it would destroy the clutch.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
GOAT modes adjust engine mapping, shift points (auto), ABS thresholds, and from what I understand may automatically control 4wd and possibly lockers.

The only thing I think you'd loose in the 7spd is control of the shift points, obviously.

And, yes trail turn assist and one pedal driving are auto only features.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Laj.tuxmek(Miss ya friend)said that trail turn is available auto only because it would destroy the clutch.
I wonder why that would be? Unless you're riding the clutch pedal, I would think it would be fine. @Laj.tuxmek knew his shit though, so I don't doubt him.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder why that would be? Unless you're riding the clutch pedal, I would think it would be fine. @Laj.tuxmek knew his shit though, so I don't doubt him.
Basically in order for it to work there has to be slippage in the system.... in an auto that’s in the torque converter. Manual... there goes your clutch lol.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically in order for it to work there has to be slippage in the system.... in an auto that’s in the torque converter. Manual... there goes your clutch lol.
wouldn't you get slippage if you release the rear locker (same as the automatic)?
and the advanced transfer case is fully capable of automatically generating slip
between the front and rear axles.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A touch off topic but you will lose remote start too.

OP
OP

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK let me rephrase my question.
Is there any value in the GOAT modes with a Manual transmission?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK let me rephrase my question.
Is there any value in the GOAT modes with a Manual transmission?
I see where you're going with this. I've pondered this in relation to the lower trims having fewer goat modes.

Considering most everything it does can be manually controlled except engine mapping, shift points, and ABS thresholds.

I've thought of it from an automatic point of view but I can get engine mapping and shift point changes via a tune. And there should be an ABS fuse to pull somewhere.

I'm coming around to the idea that GOAT modes are a bit of a gimmick.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Trail turn assist" isn't new in the crawling world, its just called Line Locks. You disengage your rear locker. Press the break peddle. Engage the break line lock on the side you want to drag. Release the break and go. It doesn't damage your clutch unless you're a terrible manual driver and riding the clutch. Once you're done with your turn you disengage the line lock. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Sponsored