Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any one used this on their offroad vehicle? Magnetic material that sticks to the sides of your ride and protects it from Colorado pinstriping

https://goat-truckarmor.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Magnets won't stick to the Bronco's aluminum body.
I didn't realize it was aluminum. I think that's a mistake. Both of my trucks are aluminum and both already have more dings than any of my older steel bodied trucks did

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any one used this on their offroad vehicle? Magnetic material that sticks to the sides of your ride and protects it from Colorado pinstriping

https://goat-truckarmor.com/
Yep, was thinking the same thing but then saw this:

« A large portion of the body of the 2021 Ford Bronco is made from lightweight aluminum. This includes the hood, front fenders, rear fenders, doors, and tailgate.

Meanwhile, steel was used to construct the Bronco’s frame and floor. The sport tubes and cage are made from boron steel as well. »

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be doing something like this or PPF. I did watch a video on the body Armour and the magnets do cause small scratches on the clear coat but the PPF can be rather expensive. The best combination may be ceramic coatings with body armor

Sponsored
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, was thinking the same thing but then saw this:

« A large portion of the body of the 2021 Ford Bronco is made from lightweight aluminum. This includes the hood, front fenders, rear fenders, doors, and tailgate.

Meanwhile, steel was used to construct the Bronco’s frame and floor. The sport tubes and cage are made from boron steel as well. »
The fenders will get beat up on the trail. They are easily replaceable but if aluminum will be expensive

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.rhinohide.com.au/

Apparently this system works on all bodies. I believe a bunch of connection points are attached with adhesive and stay on when panels are detached. Maybe available in North America soon. Ronny Dahl’s YouTube channel has an overview.
Sponsored