Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same mentality that says “music was better in my day”

....and just to prove them right, that's a badass retro looking Bronco in your avatar there!
Seriously, cool af.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The point I think they were trying to make was.... this shit had better be reliable.....as oppossed to the Jeep issues at hand.
The entire world , despite all of it's improvements is becoming more and more "buyer beware"....again, look at these $50k Jeeps that cannot get wet....had a customer say that the JEEP dealer told him the under body spray at the carwash ruined his electronics..... ON THE WORLDS MOST FAMOUS OFFROAD VEHICLE.... smh.
Nothing wrong with being vigilent about what your $35k to $60+k is buying.
At some point I can guarantee the brass gave almost this exact speech to the engineers working on Bronco.(nsfw)

It’s gonna be badass.

Last edited:

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
people in this thread shitting their boomer diapers over a reasonable comment.

Yes increasing the amount of wiring , electronics, and failure prone components increases the repair costs and probabilities of design missteps that could even lead to recalls.

Yes its a giant strawman circlejerk to claim im saying i want a NA v8 with 8L of displacement and no AC or power windows because im saying this GOAT thing could increase risk of failure.

The truth of the matter is this sounds like a giant potential for issues based on the patent. And ford has only been testing it how long? through how many winters/summers?

Who asked for this feature? is the bronco as a brand being risked entirely on this testbed? If it fails will it destroy the brand?

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Agreed! Imagine if you will the last 2 generations of the Mustang didn’t exist and we went from the 302 Fox Body to the Mustang today. VERY different

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
people in this thread shitting their boomer diapers over a reasonable comment.

Yes increasing the amount of wiring , electronics, and failure prone components increases the repair costs and probabilities of design missteps that could even lead to recalls.

Yes its a giant strawman circlejerk to claim im saying i want a NA v8 with 8L of displacement and no AC or power windows because im saying this GOAT thing could increase risk of failure.

The truth of the matter is this sounds like a giant potential for issues based on the patent. And ford has only been testing it how long? through how many winters/summers?
..... you realize they simulate hundreds of thousands of miles on these things right? Have you seen how they test the F-150? Which this sounds like will have gotten even more testing?

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point in my life I would rather spend the 50k plus on a Bronco with 2021 tech, than 50k plus on a EB with 1970’s tech. To each his (or her, shout out to @Southern Girl and others) own.
I hope you enjoy paying a subscription for heated seats because thats your "2021 tech"

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..... you realize they simulate hundreds of thousands of miles on these things right? Have you seen how they test the F-150? Which this sounds like will have gotten even more testing?
you know thats completely irrelevant right? A year or two of limited controlled testing for a system that needs to survive every second of 10+ years through seasonal changes , rust , grime , salt , and other variables.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is all great buy in reality, 3 years and 10 reprograms later I'm still waiting for my F150 10sp transmission to shift.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you know thats completely irrelevant right? A year or two of limited controlled testing for a system that needs to survive every second of 10+ years through seasonal changes , rust , grime , salt , and other variables.
Okay. For their next vehicle, they'll road test 100 mules for 200,000 miles each for 10 years before they release to the public. Then you can rest assured that absolutely NOTHING will fail.
Sponsored