First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The general public is demanding technology. Ford is just meeting the demand.
lll quote Dave Patrick “If you want a pushrod v8, solid axel big basic truck, go get one, there plenty out there”

people are demanding for more technology and the future of the auto industry. pretty much every moving part on a car has a sensor and electric assistance on it now. Why not have a system to assist you off roading too?
Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I never said I wanted pushrod anything. I'm just not a fan of of all these features that die with an electronic module. I realize I'm not the typical consumer. I will not sign up for an 84 month car loan, and I actually rock crawl.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said I wanted pushrod anything. I'm just not a fan of of all these features that die with an electronic module. I realize I'm not the typical consumer. I will not sign up for an 84 month car loan, and I actually rock crawl.
I get it. I want to be able to leave the top off during the day and not have to worry about rain destroying the electronics in the cabin. I would prefer as minimalist as possible, it's just not what the average buyer is looking for.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

people are demanding for more technology and the future of the auto industry. pretty much every moving part on a car has a sensor and electric assistance on it now. Why not have a system to assist you off roading too?
I'm all for technology, I'll probably option up with every technology package Bronco offers. I just hope when we are outside of warranty every trip to the dealer does not cost me $2,000 to $3,000.

It's always a gamble but I never buy extended warranties. When I purchased my wife's Subaru the finance guy barely waived the brochure in front of me, he said, you're like most of my other engineer customers, "you guys never buy extended warranties". I'm just betting against Subaru if the EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology package goes bad the repair costs do not exceed the price of the extended warranty.

We will have to see how much the Ford extended warranty is and make that risk/reward trade-off when the time comes.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm all for technology, I'll probably option up with every technology package Bronco offers. I just hope when we are outside of warranty every trip to the dealer does not cost me $2,000 to $3,000.

It's always a gamble but I never buy extended warranties. When I purchased my wife's Subaru the finance guy barely waived the brochure in front of me, he said, you're like most of my other engineer customers, "you guys never buy extended warranties". I'm just betting against Subaru if the EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology package goes bad the repair costs do not exceed the price of the extended warranty.

We will have to see how much the Ford extended warranty is and make that risk/reward trade-off when the time comes.
I never bought an extended warranty before I bought the last F250 with a diesel. I'm gonna keep it for a long time and felt like the warranty was worth it. I'm leaning heavily towards the extended warranty on Bronco also, not only because I plan on keeping it for a long time, but with it being first year, there could be some issues.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never bought an extended warranty before I bought the last F250 with a diesel. I'm gonna keep it for a long time and felt like the warranty was worth it. I'm leaning heavily towards the extended warranty on Bronco also, not only because I plan on keeping it for a long time, but with it being first year, there could be some issues.
just make sure you sell that diesel about 5 minutes before the warranty ends.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just make sure you sell that diesel about 5 minutes before the warranty ends.
I got the 8 year 125,000 mile warranty and only put about 10,000 miles a year on it, but yes, I agree. Trade in right at the 8 year point.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

When I bought my 2020 Subaru STI brand new (first new subaru), I didn't go for the extended warranties either. The finance guy got all "the touch screen, though" to which I responded, I thought subarus were reliable? I've always had good luck with them at least. The STI doesn't have any whizz bang features other than its drivetrain. No eyesight, hydraulic power steering, and a 20 year old port injected 8.5:1 compression turbo motor.

Contrast my subaru experiences with my 2012 Ford Focus Titanium and ford's complete lack of help with the 6spd auto shifted manual transmission for three years. Then there's the PTO/transfer case on my wife's 2013 Explorer Limited that Ford tried to deny warranty on at 40,000 miles. The intake manifold that broke on my 2015 mustang at 50,000 miles. The backup cameras on the explorer and mustang that died after a couple years. My 2010 F150 has been flawless, and it's also the only Ford I currently own. My 2002 Mustang GT and 2003 Cobra Mustang were both pretty reliable too. That's why I have a dim view of later model ford's electronics and drivetrains, especially their transverse engines.

I hope bronco is better, and the F150 part of their video is really true.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I’m anxious to see what this really does.
Cool name and cool idea. Just wonder if it’s needed. Just going to have to wait to see what it really does.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does anyone have an idea of what all the GOAT mode does? Like does it act as an LSD and does it push power to different wheels when it needs it even with the open diff?
Sponsored