Sponsored

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You need to get away from Apple's ecosystem and come to the dark side. At Android we've been making our own ring tones for free... For like 10 years now ?
No Apple cult for me, no way! Android guy. Just don't care much about, or pay for, phone noises.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope you enjoy paying a subscription for heated seats because thats your "2021 tech"
God, I love people who make idiotic remarks like this

Okay, so let’s say heated seats actually WERE on a subscription service (which would never actually happen, but I digress)... What happens when you own the vehicle? Well, you people bitching about technology probably wouldn’t pay the subscription, and voila! You have exactly the Bronco you wanted, which is a Bronco without heated seats! The people who want heated seats... well, they’ll pay the subscription and be nice and content with their warm ass

stop being afraid of tech. Worst case, it fails and then you don’t get access to that feature, meaning you get the Bronco you wanted in the first place. The people who do want that feature will gladly pay to fix it and won’t bat an eye

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Okay, so let’s say heated seats actually WERE on a subscription service (which would never actually happen, but I digress)... What happens when you own the vehicle? Well, you people bitching about technology probably wouldn’t pay the subscription, and voila! You have exactly the Bronco you wanted, which is a Bronco without heated seats! The people who want heated seats... well, they’ll pay the subscription and be nice and content with their warm ass

stop being afraid of tech. Worst case, it fails and then you don’t get access to that feature, meaning you get the Bronco you wanted in the first place. The people who do want that feature will gladly pay to fix it and won’t bat an eye
I think BMW is actually doing this..

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think BMW is actually doing this..
The way BMW is doing it actually makes sense... rather than making 2 different seats and increasing costs, they can just make 1 type of seat and offer the heated seats as an over the air update for a charge, so it makes the overall car cheaper for people who don’t want heated seats, but still offers the heated seats for people who want their ass warmed and don’t mind paying extra

it’s almost like a more cost effective and efficient method if the individualized optioning that Ford is rumored to offer. I don’t really see it coming as a “subscription” so to say, just more individualized optioning that you can perform from your couch if you so decide

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
WRONG

also WRONG.
well sorry, but if you don’t want to pay for those features, then you must not want them... or you’re asking for a handout, which is pathetic

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand why everyone is so against Tech " bad kill it with fire"
Because mostly tech hungry folks insist that everyone enjoy what they enjoy. Im jn the middle of the road. Im not doing deliverues with the bronco so i dont need navigation, but i do live on a mountain so fancy leveling systems would be nice. I dont have any traffic to sit in so heated butt wipers, however i would actually like to see more wirelessly controlled components to limit the number of connecting wires between the brain and the part. Also if its new i expect innovation, if its old i expect to be able to do whatever i want with it because its mine and i am keeping history alive.

I have spoken??

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

How many hot butt minutes do you get a month? Lol

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way BMW is doing it actually makes sense... rather than making 2 different seats and increasing costs, they can just make 1 type of seat and offer the heated seats as an over the air update for a charge, so it makes the overall car cheaper for people who don’t want heated seats, but still offers the heated seats for people who want their ass warmed and don’t mind paying extra

it’s almost like a more cost effective and efficient method if the individualized optioning that Ford is rumored to offer. I don’t really see it coming as a “subscription” so to say, just more individualized optioning that you can perform from your couch if you so decide
Couldnt you just get under there and hotwire it and save few bucks. Its not like bmws are a stranger to being hotwired.

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
well sorry, but if you don’t want to pay for those features, then you must not want them... or you’re asking for a handout, which is pathetic
If you're willing to pay monthly, AND up front, for heated seats which have been around for over 15 or whatever years, then you're part of the problem. Rock on, moneybags. Spend away . . .

I have three vehicles at the moment with heated seats, which is an option I have, and would again, pay for.

HazBeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincolnville
Call me crazy; I buy Ford Protect extended warranty to offset the major electronic risks, but it's just as useful toward failed timing chain guides and oil pollution effects from internal water pump leaks.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

never thought i would actually see people defending subscriptions for hardware YOU OWN

Our country is heading towards very dark times
Sponsored