First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
never thought i would actually see people defending subscriptions for hardware YOU OWN

Our country is heading towards very dark times
Can you imagine the classified ad? Can have PS, PB , heated seats, and cruise.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
never thought i would actually see people defending subscriptions for hardware YOU OWN

You can own the hardware all you want, but if you donā€™t own the software, it doesnā€™t mean shit. I can buy an unprogrammed computer cheaper than I can buy a programmed one, but that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m entitled to the programming just because I have the computer... I need to pay extra for that

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco GOAT Mode (G.O.A.T.) For 2021 Bronco Confirmed by Dave Pericak 1594086428759

Big Mad, heated seats not included...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The way BMW is doing it actually makes sense... rather than making 2 different seats and increasing costs, they can just make 1 type of seat and offer the heated seats as an over the air update for a charge, so it makes the overall car cheaper for people who donā€™t want heated seats, but still offers the heated seats for people who want their ass warmed and donā€™t mind paying extra

itā€™s almost like a more cost effective and efficient method if the individualized optioning that Ford is rumored to offer. I donā€™t really see it coming as a ā€œsubscriptionā€ so to say, just more individualized optioning that you can perform from your couch if you so decide
I can understand them wanting to only produce one seat, but the idea of a subscription service to access those features is absurd - charge it like a normal option and then if a future buyer wants to ADD a feature, charge them a fee to activated it, but don't ever take features out of a vehicle (unless I guess the customer specifically requests it).

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Disagreeing and debating is fine and encouraged as long as itā€™s done respectfully. Disrespectful or insulting behavior is not tolerated.
Little too broad a stroke with the delete button IMO, but glad you stepped in.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..... you realize they simulate hundreds of thousands of miles on these things right? Have you seen how they test the F-150? Which this sounds like will have gotten even more testing?
Your Honor, I'd ilike to present into evidence:
the 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel,
the 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel,
and the
6.7 Powerstroke if it gets even a minute amount of moisture in the fuel (which of course, diesel absorbs moisture...).
All motors that were claimed to have LITERALLY MILLIONS of miles of testing....the first two ended up being absolute maintenance and budget NIGHTMARES and the 6.7 HPFP scatters at the first sense of moisture in the system which results in repairs that range between $12,000 and $16,000 ..... not covered by warranty.

I get it though, a lot of the children weren't aware of this happening at the time. They still think Big Corp. and big Gov't are there to protect them from their evil parents.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy Crap....John Deere is putting farmers over the barrel right now with their "tech subscriptions" to make their $$$,$$$.00 dollar tractors run right.

and here we are, the kids all yelling "it can't happen to me" while there is some how a "national coin shortage" going on. WTF is going on here, over???

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Holy Crap....John Deere is putting farmers over the barrel right now with their "tech subscriptions" to make their $$$,$$$.00 dollar tractors run right.

and here we are, the kids all yelling "it can't happen to me" while there is some how a "national coin shortage" going on. WTF is going on here, over???
Boomers are still burying money in the back yard.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can understand them wanting to only produce one seat, but the idea of a subscription service to access those features is absurd - charge it like a normal option and then if a future buyer wants to ADD a feature, charge them a fee to activated it, but don't ever take features out of a vehicle (unless I guess the customer specifically requests it).
Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the whole idea behind it. I think theyā€™re going to charge it as a car without heated seats for everyone, and offer the ā€œsubscriptionā€ to activate them for those who want the upgrade

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New guy here checking out the thread about the G.O.A.T. mode and there is like 3 pages on a heated seat "subscription". ? I have been a member of various Jeep forums for years, same stuff? windshield is too angled, too many electronics etc..etc. Harley forums hated when Harley added anti lock brakes and cruise control. Seems these are pretty small things to worry about in the scope of life. Now with that being said good banter is always fun. ??

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your Honor, I'd ilike to present into evidence:
the 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel,
the 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel,
and the
6.7 Powerstroke if it gets even a minute amount of moisture in the fuel (which of course, diesel absorbs moisture...).
All motors that were claimed to have LITERALLY MILLIONS of miles of testing....the first two ended up being absolute maintenance and budget NIGHTMARES and the 6.7 HPFP scatters at the first sense of moisture in the system which results in repairs that range between $12,000 and $16,000 ..... not covered by warranty.

I get it though, a lot of the children weren't aware of this happening at the time. They still think Big Corp. and big Gov't are there to protect them from their evil parents.
fucking 6.0 I have one. bane of my existence, literally.
Sponsored