Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the builds without Baja, what is the best option? Figured sport or snow, but haven't tried it yet.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the builds without Baja, what is the best option? Figured sport or snow, but haven't tried it yet.
10 minutes with Forscan and you can have all the modes. Baja is like sport but 3-4K rpms all the time! Try sport with traction control off.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn’t know Baja could be put in 2WD. For a badlands owner could this be used instead of sport on road without damaging any components?
thats exactly what i do in BAJA, baja mode with 2H is fun. feels like a side by side.

IT fun to have hoss 3.0 on an open desert area

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it OK to change modes, say Normal to Sport, on the fly, or do you have to come to a complete stop and reset the mode?
Any mode that stays in 2H or 4A, they can be changed on the fly while accelerating. For example, I found Eco to be worthless except at constant acceleration such as highway cruise control. So I will run in Normal up to 55'ish and then switch to Eco to maintain the established speed.

For modes that switch to 4H, they can be done without coming to a stop but not under acceleration. I often drive on the beach so I'll switch to Sand mode. The change takes all but a second or two during which I'm not accelerating but also not stopping.

Changing to 4L (Rock Crawl) requires the transfer case to be in neutral before changing. I've not used Rock Crawl on the Bronco, but any 4WD vehicle that I've driven always requires a stop and shift to neutral before engaging 4L. I don't know if the Bronco is capable of placing it in neutral while it is coasting, changing to 4L, and then shift back into gear. Seems like a bad idea and I won't be trying it. Best practice is to stop. Shift into neutral. Change to Rock Crawl. Then drive.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any mode that stays in 2H or 4A, they can be changed on the fly while accelerating. For example, I found Eco to be worthless except at constant acceleration such as highway cruise control. So I will run in Normal up to 55'ish and then switch to Eco to maintain the established speed.

For modes that switch to 4H, they can be done without coming to a stop but not under acceleration. I often drive on the beach so I'll switch to Sand mode. The change takes all but a second or two during which I'm not accelerating but also not stopping.

Changing to 4L (Rock Crawl) requires the transfer case to be in neutral before changing. I've not used Rock Crawl on the Bronco, but any 4WD vehicle that I've driven always requires a stop and shift to neutral before engaging 4L. I don't know if the Bronco is capable of placing it in neutral while it is coasting, changing to 4L, and then shift back into gear. Seems like a bad idea and I won't be trying it. Best practice is to stop. Shift into neutral. Change to Rock Crawl. Then drive.
@Beach_Bum. Thanks! Anything beats having to get out in -20, like when I lived in AK w/ my International Harvester Scout, and having to manually turn the wheel hubs!

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the love everyone! We've seen a few people ask about the G.O.A.T. modes on their specific Bronco trim level. Below is some information regarding that topic.

• Base Model: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, and Sand. The base gives you the essentials with plenty of options for customization.
  • Big Bend: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, and Mud/Ruts. Added “creature comforts” liven up the standard features.
  • Black Diamond: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand Mud/Ruts, and Rock Crawl. The Black Diamond is prepared for adventuring outdoors with a wash-out interior.
  • Outer Banks: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, and Mud/Ruts. Off road meets high tech in the Outer Banks trim.
  • Badlands: Normal, ECO, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl, and Baja. This trim level is where the off-roading capabilities of the new Bronco really begin to shine.
  • Wildtrak: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, and Baja. The Wildtrak is designed for high-speed off-roading, not for the faint of heart.
  • First Edition: Normal, ECO, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl, and Baja. This is a limited edition SUV that combines the best of all the other trim levels.
Raptor modes are different. Raptor has no ECO. Normal, Slippery, Sport, Off Road, Baja and Rock Crawl

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t know Baja could be put in 2WD. For a badlands owner could this be used instead of sport on road without damaging any components?
Yup, just put it in Baja and select 2wd. Responsiveness is great.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FYI: Don't trust the GOAT dial. Yesterday, I was on the beach and when I left, I rotated the dial to Normal mode for pavement use. Animation changed indicating the mode change on the gauge cluster along with the message of shifting of the transfer case, but the system remained in 4H. The immediate paved street was a straightaway so I didn't notice anything different until I made a turn. I felt the binding right away and looked down to see 4H engaged. Manually switched to 2H and I could sense the release of tension.

First time that happened and something that I'll keep in mind to verify the change in the future.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only GOAT mode I use is baja because I don't have sport mode.

For everything thing else I leave it in Normal mode and just hit the one or two buttons I want to engage or disengage. Doing that is faster than scrolling.

Also if you're in a mode, many of them limit what you can turn on and off. I forget off the top of my head but you can't go 4L in all the modes for example.

It's a really stupid system.

(I have a manual.)

Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 2.3 MT. Has anyone tried eco mode? Honestly I never saw an improvement on MPG just noticed lack of response. I feel like this mode is useless with the MT.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the 2.3 MT. Has anyone tried eco mode? Honestly I never saw an improvement on MPG just noticed lack of response. I feel like this mode is useless with the MT.
I didn't see any improvement, but I wonder how many miles you need to go before the savings kick in. I think the MPG figures an average based on what's left in the tank & how many miles we've gone.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't see any improvement, but I wonder how many miles you need to go before the savings kick in. I think the MPG figures an average based on what's left in the tank & how many miles we've gone.
I used it on a new full tank and rest the average. I can see it may help ppl with a heavy foot. But other than that I feel like if you have a MT it’s really on the driver.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was a little bummed to find out that slippery wasn't what I thought it was for.

There are times when it rains really hard, and the roads get flooded. My old XJ used to have full-time four-wheel drive (The T case had clutches). When it would pour down rain, I'd pop it in four-wheel drive and it drove so much better.

I mean all this means is that instead of using a goat mode, I'll just have to manually turn on 4A.

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it OK to change modes, say Normal to Sport, on the fly, or do you have to come to a complete stop and reset the mode?
On the fly is ok except for Rock Crawl, you need to put it in neutral to get it in 4W low.
Sponsored