First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2020 XC60, 1978 124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t know Baja could be put in 2WD. For a badlands owner could this be used instead of sport on road without damaging any components?
This was news to me as well. Good to know and helps explain why Sport wasn't included.
Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great video. Slippery mode can also be switch to 2H. I find it useful in wet slushy roads when I don't want to be running 4 constantly (no 4A). I find it similar to ECO but less guts if that's possible
I have a Base so playing with different modes are limited.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The combination of the automatic transfer case with the manual transmission was a big reason I wanted a (Badlands) Bronco to begin with. I was testing how the auto transfer case behaved in 'Normal' vs. 'Slippery' GOAT modes (in 4Auto on wet pavement), and it seems like:
-Both 'Normal' and 'Slippery' will send torque to the front axle while accelerating in a straight line, up to 40 MPH, but 'Slippery' seemed more aggressive about torque transfer overall
-'Slippery' will send torque to the front axle while turning, while 'Normal' is apparently more conservative about avoiding driveline binding

Overall, I don't plan on using 4Auto at all in rain on wet pavement (in either GOAT mode), because it was needlessly sending torque to the front axle even when I had rear traction. I don't see any reason to incur the extra tire wear or fuel economy penalty of 4Auto just so I can aggressively launch while it's raining (a bad idea regardless). 'Slippery' in 2H might be the best bet for rain. But I do think 'Slippery' (with the default 4Auto engaged) will be perfect for snow/ice.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One correction if you have the Advanced transfer case Sport Mode puts you in 4 Auto not 2wd by default.
This. Sport mode is always 4A for me on the WIldtrak. You can manually switch to 2H, but default is 4A.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it OK to change modes, say Normal to Sport, on the fly, or do you have to come to a complete stop and reset the mode?

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it OK to change modes, say Normal to Sport, on the fly, or do you have to come to a complete stop and reset the mode?
The only mode that requires you to stop is swithcing in or out of rock crawl due to the xfer case having to shift in or out of low range. All others work on the fly. I personally prefer sand mode for the most part in the dirt. Once I leave the pavement, I switch to sand and turn off the rear locker without even slowing down.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only mode that requires you to stop is swithcing in or out of rock crawl due to the xfer case having to shift in or out of low range. All others work on the fly. I personally prefer sand mode for the most part in the dirt. Once I leave the pavement, I switch to sand and turn off the rear locker without even slowing down.
Thanks. With the Base, I am missing the mode I wanted most: Mud & Ruts. The ranch where I work is now hock high in mud puddles gouging out the dirt roads. My high-tech Internet security expert hubby won't let me near FORScan.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hypothetical: I have a non Sas Big Bend with rear locker, but no front locker. I find the Traction Control to not be particularly aggressive which is fine generally. There are times I might want to have the Traction Control maximized (maybe when rock crawling). Do you guys suppose using Slippery Mode with low range might enhance Traction Control and help lock up the front end? I realize shifting and throttle response might die, but at least shifting could be overcome by using manual mode. Also, Stability Control might just kill the ability to get aggressive...just curious.

My son's Tacoma has , I believe, loose rock mode which kinda hyper activates traction control, very handy sometimes.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. With the Base, I am missing the mode I wanted most: Mud & Ruts. The ranch where I work is now hock high in mud puddles gouging out the dirt roads. My high-tech Internet security expert hubby won't let me near FORScan.
I wonder how different Mud and Ruts is from Sand? Both allow aggressive wheel spin, throttle and shifting I believe.

Sponsored

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I activated Sport Mode on my Badlands with Forscan. However, when I put it in Sport it switches to 4A by default and I usually change it back to 2H.

Does this happen to anyone else with Sport Mode standard, or after activating it on a Bronco that didn't have it standard?

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how different Mud and Ruts is from Sand? Both allow aggressive wheel spin, throttle and shifting I believe.
Well, I look at it this way: I am so much safer and worry-free driving the ranch roads in Steamboat than I was with Merlin, my 1995 Mustang, which had to be winched out of a muddy ditch one time. And while we're taking mud, a plug for Rokblok flaps (the only option that was open to me on a Base w/ sidesteps): great in deep puddles! No mud on the doors!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I activated Sport Mode on my Badlands with Forscan. However, when I put it in Sport it switches to 4A by default and I usually change it back to 2H.

Does this happen to anyone else with Sport Mode standard, or after activating it on a Bronco that didn't have it standard?
4A is standard mode in Sport mode when you have the advanced transfer case.

OP
OP
RTR Vehicles

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the love everyone! We've seen a few people ask about the G.O.A.T. modes on their specific Bronco trim level. Below is some information regarding that topic.

• Base Model: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, and Sand. The base gives you the essentials with plenty of options for customization.
  • Big Bend: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, and Mud/Ruts. Added “creature comforts” liven up the standard features.
  • Black Diamond: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand Mud/Ruts, and Rock Crawl. The Black Diamond is prepared for adventuring outdoors with a wash-out interior.
  • Outer Banks: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, and Mud/Ruts. Off road meets high tech in the Outer Banks trim.
  • Badlands: Normal, ECO, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl, and Baja. This trim level is where the off-roading capabilities of the new Bronco really begin to shine.
  • Wildtrak: Normal, ECO, Sport, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, and Baja. The Wildtrak is designed for high-speed off-roading, not for the faint of heart.
  • First Edition: Normal, ECO, Slippery, Sand, Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl, and Baja. This is a limited edition SUV that combines the best of all the other trim levels.
Sponsored