Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am guessing they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for chips, including accepting lower quality yield lots.

Really, with workforce turnover and temporary labor and increased production pressures, I am not surprised.
Sponsored

OP
OP

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your dealer get this resolved? I got this message last night and i'm waiting to hear back from them now. Curious if yours got fixed.

Yes, I got it resolved recently and have been testing since then before updating the thread. They replaced two items: Chassis Control Module and the Sta-bar itself. I will post the specifics from the work order soon but it appears the Chassis Control Module replacement cured several communication errors but the Sta-bar warning was not cleared until the Sta-bar itself was also replaced. Again, will post specifics when I can but everything appears to be like new and I've put it through some minor testing.

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I got it resolved recently and have been testing since then before updating the thread. They replaced two items: Chassis Control Module and the Sta-bar itself. I will post the specifics from the work order soon but it appears the Chassis Control Module replacement cured several communication errors but the Sta-bar warning was not cleared until the Sta-bar itself was also replaced. Again, will post specifics when I can but everything appears to be like new and I've put it through some minor testing.
Thanks for the update. Mine is in the shop today getting a new chassis control module. I don’t think my dealer was going to replace the entire sta-bar but they are communicating with Ford.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@atxbronco just wondering how is the repair holding up, any more errors or codes?

I was just messing around with GOAT modes in the driveway and put it into 4L today, got some similar errors. Cycled power and all seems fine now.

OP
OP

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@atxbronco just wondering how is the repair holding up, any more errors or codes?

I was just messing around with GOAT modes in the driveway and put it into 4L today, got some similar errors. Cycled power and all seems fine now.
Everything has been great. No errors, no resets, no issues so far. Glad your a power cycle cleared your issue.

Gggiv007

Outer Banks
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB(until wildtrak is built)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was on the Red Cone trail in CO a couple of weeks ago and ran into a problem. Vehicle is factory Badlands 4 door/Sasquatch/2.7 EcoBoost auto with doors on vehicle at the time.

We were in the Rock Obstacle (Waypoint 2) part of the trail. Bronco was in Rock Crawl mode (4L,Sta-Bar disconnect,Rear Locker). Vehicle is automatic transmission but I had it in Manual 1st gear for more control of shift points. Wanted additional traction up front so I hit the front locker button (vehicle was stationary). Lots of errors and warnings popped up (ABS/Service Advance Trac/Pre-Collision not available, etc), Sta-bar reconnected, exited drive mode, reported 4L unavailable and both lockers turned off. The system basically took all the off-road systems off-line. I pulled over to the side of the trail to investigate.

A few immediate observations.
-no visible damage, no impacts, no cringe events before the problem
-no idea what the real cause of this is
-no idea if hitting front locker button actually had anything to do with this or was just coincidental timing/red herring
-pretty sure 4L stay engaged even though an error message popped up as I was already in 4L and didn't leave M1 gear
-disconnecting the negative battery terminal reset everything and brought back all functionality (included toolkit socket fits battery terminals). Off/door open/door close/wait/door open/on cycles wasn't sufficient.

Finished trail after the successful battery pull reset. Used Rock Crawl, Sta-bar disconnect, rear locker, trail control, trail turn assist and 4L/4H at various times for the rest of the trails that day. Everything was great for several days until a Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required message appeared at startup (previously in normal drive mode/2H). This message is not going away with a battery reset and the error disables all GOAT Drive Modes (Drive Mode Not Available message if you turn the control). Still have 4L/4H/4A/2H and both rear/front lockers work. No other warning messages. Took it into Ford Dealer for service.

Dealer Service confirmed no physical damage and said the Chassis Control Module tested bad. Waiting on part to confirm this resolves the issue. Will update forum when I have something definitive.
I just got the same warning on start up in 2H. I have a 2021 FE with 7700 miles. What was the outcome of your issue?
Sponsored