Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was supposed to be circle, circle, square, triangle, circle, X, square.

I'm thinking this will become some sort of programming short in the system as more people get into situation Ford did not test against. Gremlins in the system for sure. sucks that it's several months to get back to normal.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: JPG

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me. Got a tow truck on the way. :cry:

Service department seems to think it's a connection issue, so hopefully that's the case and not a bum module.
Update. So it got towed in and they fixed it.

And now it’s happening again.

@Ford Motor Company please help

Last edited:

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update. So it got towed in and they fixed it.

And now it’s happening again.
They actually found the problem and fixed it? Or just disconnected/reconnected the battery and then sent you on your way?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They actually found the problem and fixed it? Or just disconnected/reconnected the battery and then sent you on your way?
I believe they disconnected the control module for 5 hours and then… took it off-roading. It was a couple of weeks ago so my recollection is vague. Sounds like it probably needs a new chassis control module like the OP was saying.

@atxbronco did you ever get it fixed?

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that just about all new cars are just laptops with wheels scares me about the lifespan of them. The longest extended warranty will be a must for me in the future. ESS, lane control and assist, cameras, multiple batteries and God knows what electronics in the 4xE. This time it corrected itself. We've been sold a bill of goods that all this electronic stuff will do everything just great. In the future your tool box will be a Sat phone to a tow truck.
This. And my fear is that a lot of this Buck Rogers stuff will simply not be supported by manufacturers in the future, making them un-repairable at any cost.

The idea of driving a reasonable, reliable, 10-20 year old vehicle is definitely going extinct.

American consumers are already slowly being conditioned to believe their vehicles are just like cell phones that are supposed to be thrown away every few years. Once this ethos has been fully accepted, the gloves will be off as far as manufacturers are concerned.

It will be commonplace to buy new vehicles that are full of bugs and glitches. Just as it is in the software industry, the end user will act as the unpaid beta tester. We'll be getting regular over-the-air updates that halfway fix known issues, while creating new ones.

I'm not exactly psyched about the future of the automobile.

Sponsored

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the OffRoadeo a couple weeks ago and one of the Broncos would not go into 4L. They shut it off, then restarted and all worked.

I hate to say it, but Ford's electronics and programming seem to be subpar and take a while to fix after issues arise. I had a 2011 Explorer with an early Sync system that was riddled with faults that could only be fixed by a battery cable off reset.

This would be even more frustrating and dangerous if it's happening while you are negotiating obstacles off road.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact that just about all new cars are just laptops with wheels scares me about the lifespan of them. The longest extended warranty will be a must for me in the future. ESS, lane control and assist, cameras, multiple batteries and God knows what electronics in the 4xE. This time it corrected itself. We've been sold a bill of goods that all this electronic stuff will do everything just great. In the future your tool box will be a Sat phone to a tow truck.
Sat phone, yes. But no tow truck.

After you make the call, a drone will deliver replacement parts and you will be walked through the installation by a computer customer service bot.🤪

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's looking like the big Bronco is going to have it's share of issues, sadly. The Sport sure has them. Seems everyone loves the Bronco till it fails. So don't mod it or take it off road. The Bronco is nice but it's not ready for what they say it will do, not all of them anyway. The limits and beyond are being tested.

OP
OP

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe they disconnected the control module for 5 hours and then… took it off-roading. It was a couple of weeks ago so my recollection is vague. Sounds like it probably needs a new chassis control module like the OP was saying.

@atxbronco did you ever get it fixed?
No. Still waiting for the part. Will post once it arrives and is installed.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. And my fear is that a lot of this Buck Rogers stuff will simply not be supported by manufacturers in the future, making them un-repairable at any cost.

The idea of driving a reasonable, reliable, 10-20 year old vehicle is definitely going extinct.

American consumers are already slowly being conditioned to believe their vehicles are just like cell phones that are supposed to be thrown away every few years. Once this ethos has been fully accepted, the gloves will be off as far as manufacturers are concerned.

It will be commonplace to buy new vehicles that are full of bugs and glitches. Just as it is in the software industry, the end user will act as the unpaid beta tester. We'll be getting regular over-the-air updates that halfway fix known issues, while creating new ones.

I'm not exactly psyched about the future of the automobile.
wait till your frickin plug in battery car only charges at 20% after 5 years...no thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Still waiting for the part. Will post once it arrives and is installed.
Damn. It's happened twice on mine but now it seems to be fine again. I should probably ask my dealer to go ahead and order that part just in case.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Between June 7-25.
Did your dealer get this resolved? I got this message last night and i'm waiting to hear back from them now. Curious if yours got fixed.
Sponsored