Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Hey everyone.

Hope you all enjoying your Broncos, mines not built yet so I can only enjoy in my imagination.

My question is this:

Suppose I was driving around on highway in ECO Goat Mode and then on a whim I decided to switch to BAJA Goat Mode so front camera turns on. Would the Bronco blow up? If you turn dial when on highway and go over Rock Mode would it damage anything?

Hope my question makes sense .

Also post pictures of your Broncos if you would like? Cactus Gray Badlands Lux Sasquatch with Marine Grade Vinyl gets you bonus points! Interior shots even more bonus points since I’ve never seen MGV seats. I’m worried of their quality.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
If you're in Eco, I'm guessing you're in line at Starbucks, so you'll be fine.
cmon can you be nice and answer question.

I don’t like Starbucks and trust me my Bronco will get dirty. I will admit though I’ll probably use ECO on highway haha

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can't turn into Rock Crawl because you would need to transfer to neutral to go into 4low. Baja uses 4Hi so in theory it should work and not blow up.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is good practice to slow way down, nay even come to a stop in order to F+Ă—Ă· around with switching in to certain modes. In what practical life scenario do you think you might find yourself flying down the highway and need to throw it in to Baja, just curious?

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Baja is for off road ONLY, stated in the manual pretty clearly (many other posts regarding this). Engaging Baja on a surface with traction and no slippage can cause damage to the diff. Sport mode is for paved roads. You can switch between eoc, normal, and sport at will and at any speed, also 2H and 4A. The bronco won't let you engage at an improper speed. 4L and 4H is intended for off road use. All per the manual and real world experience.

OP
OP

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
It is good practice to slow way down, nay even come to a stop in order to F+Ă—Ă· around with switching in to certain modes. In what practical life scenario do you think you might find yourself flying down the highway and need to throw it in to Baja, just curious?
Mine hasn’t been built and was just curious. My guess is it would look cool to have the camera on while driving.

OP
OP

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Baja is for off road ONLY, stated in the manual pretty clearly (many other posts regarding this). Engaging Baja on a surface with traction and no slippage can cause damage to the diff. Sport mode is for paved roads. You can switch between eoc, normal, and sport at will and at any speed, also 2H and 4A. The bronco won't let you engage at an improper speed. 4L and 4H is intended for off road use. All per the manual and real world experience.
did you read the post? I don’t have my Bronco therefore don’t have my manual yet. Did you sit there and read your whole digital manual? Just curious

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did you read the post? I don’t have my Bronco therefore don’t have my manual yet. Did you sit there and read your whole digital manual? Just curious
Not sure you read my post, never said you had a bronco!

Yes I did read the digital manual, wanted to make sure I didn't do any foolish like rip my diff apart on my 60k vehicle running Baja mode on pavement!

Just posting for everybody's knowledge, it's ultimately up to them what mode they want to run it in.

OP
OP

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure you read my post, never said you had a bronco!

Yes I did read the digital manual, wanted to make sure I didn't do any foolish like rip my diff apart on my 60k vehicle running Baja mode on pavement!

Just posting for everybody's knowledge, it's ultimately up to them what mode they want to run it in.
i can’t wait get mine and I won’t change it to Baja! Thanks man!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The camera display won’t turn on at highway speeds. I believe it says that in the manual as well. It’s well worth the read. Did it twice before getting mine.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Running from Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane of course!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The camera display won’t turn on at highway speeds. I believe it says that in the manual as well. It’s well worth the read. Did it twice before getting mine.
It actually will in Baja, but the shift points in Baja make it essentially unusual on the street.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have exhaust Baja is the shit. 3.5k holds. Yes you can switch at highway speeds. And yes the camera stays on in Baja. Really messes with your head. Baja puts it in 4 high then you can put it in 2 high. No 4a option in Baja.
Sport puts it in 4a and turn auto stop off. Sport has 2.5k holds.
Will check the others over time. I’m expecting one of the goat modes will have limited torque management off the line. Just have to go through them.
Sponsored