PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Posted this in the GOAT modes explained video, but didn't get any traction.

Not sure anyone will know the answer to this, but I guess we can all speculate!

In the video it explains that putting the Bronco into Slippery GOAT mode it'll put you in 4A. So what happens if you choose not to add the 4A option?

I'm going BD, and didn't plan on adding the 4A option. Not really required for my use cases. But does that mean Slippery mode ceases to exist without that option? Or does it then throw you into 4H? Or maybe it leaves you in 2H, and then just "Lowers throttle response" & "Optimizes shifting"? And you can manually put it in 4H if you wanted/need to? :unsure::unsure:
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it will leave you in 2H. This is what happens with my dad's 2018 F-150 when I use it while the roads are wet. I mostly notice it helping when I accelerate out of a turn in these conditions, but switching it to 4A definitely improves it.

You could probably put it in 4H on the road while still using "slippery," but I would avoid it unless it is slippery enough to prevent binding in turns. I can always feel it in my Jeep when I am in 4H in the snow and then forget to go back to 2H when I pull into a dry parking structure.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It probably won't jump to 4H to avoid binding. Probably for typical rainy days or whatever it can be used, but stays in 2H. Would help some. But if it's snowy enough I can use Slippery and manually put it in 4H. Which is what I've done in the past anyway (manually throw it in 4H) with my old cars before all this fancy technology!

I think that probably makes the most sense, now that I've talked (typed?) it out.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
was waiting to see how long that took... ;)
Sponsored