Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just thought about this today.... if we have the Advanced 4x4 with 4A... what happens when you switch to a goat mode? As a matter of fact, the entire dial thing.. 4A, 2H, or 4H... does turning on a GOAT mode ignore that setting and then just default back to it once you turn off GOAT?
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I never thought of that, now im curious.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s an estimated breakdown from another poster.

I think at this point we can ignore the “exhaust” column, as we don’t have any information that the Bronco will have that type of feature.

Ford Bronco GOAT with 4A 5CB11F3A-42F8-4C17-8C27-490F754571A8

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just thought about this today.... if we have the Advanced 4x4 with 4A... what happens when you switch to a goat mode? As a matter of fact, the entire dial thing.. 4A, 2H, or 4H... does turning on a GOAT mode ignore that setting and then just default back to it once you turn off GOAT?
2H, 4H, 4L <> GOAT modes. GOAT modes are fancy throttle mapping, brake sensitivity, shift mapping settings that are alerted while you are in that mode. GOATs are selected somewhere in software rather than a dial (steering wheel I think).

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha! Other than the transfer case setting, 4A/2A vs 4H, Sport = Baja

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I wasn't clear... say I dial my thing to 2H... then I switch Goat to Baja... does the ECU ignore that dial setting... does it just turn it off and then I have to manually set it back?

Specifically for me, I'm thinking I'm in 4A and then tell GOAT its Sand ... so it locks the front and back lockers.... but the dial is still 4A... I'm guessing GOAT wins..... but then when I tell Goat go back to normal, does the 4A take back over.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2H, 4H, 4L <> GOAT modes. GOAT modes are fancy throttle mapping, brake sensitivity, shift mapping settings that are alerted while you are in that mode. GOATs are selected somewhere in software rather than a dial (steering wheel I think).
it’s done via dial on the centre console, like the current explorer. Visible in interior pictures. 4x4 modes via buttons in the middle if the dial.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I wasn't clear... say I dial my thing to 2H... then I switch Goat to Baja... does the ECU ignore that dial setting... does it just turn it off and then I have to manually set it back?

Specifically for me, I'm thinking I'm in 4A and then tell GOAT its Sand ... so it locks the front and back lockers.... but the dial is still 4A... I'm guessing GOAT wins..... but then when I tell Goat go back to normal, does the 4A take back over.
giphy.gif

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it’s done via dial on the centre console, like the current explorer. Visible in interior pictures. 4x4 modes via buttons in the middle if the dial.
Ok. I misunderstood the display.

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah... so i basically push say the 4A button in the middle of that dial... but when I spin it, the 4A turns off and now I'm in Goat?

My current car has a dial just like this in the center console but it controls the radio and nav and such... i hope I dont put the Bronco in 4L trying to tune in the radio ;)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ah... so i basically push say the 4A button in the middle of that dial... but when I spin it, the 4A turns off and now I'm in Goat?

My current car has a dial just like this in the center console but it controls the radio and nav and such... i hope I dont put the Bronco in 4L trying to tune in the radio ;)
No idea if the GOAT modes are connected to the 4x4 setting. I’m sure it’s explained somewhere