First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't wait for the 2 door version. This is exactly what I want!

Ahem!
DEAR SANTA,
Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just took a close look at one on a Jeep. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s for me.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for @GOBI Racks for soft top users. I donā€™t have ST but askin for others.

Will the soft top open ā€œin between side railsā€ or must you lift rack to retract soft top to the location in pic? I understand you must lift rack back to retract ST all the way. Of course you MUST remove cross bars to retract to location in pic.

F8E26570-56FB-421B-8060-8DFAFD406923.jpeg

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would love to see a video of this rack on a soft top and the ability to open all the way.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Other than not seeing it on a softtop (and at least some way to open softtop and easily reinstall the rack, I thought these hinged at the rear bumper and pivoted back,,) I am not a fan of
1. Clamping to windshield pillar where clamps could cause paint damage
2. Threaded bolts with rubber bumpers that will cause paint damage on wherever they are on fender?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than not seeing it on a softtop (and at least some way to open softtop and easily reinstall the rack, I thought these hinged at the rear bumper and pivoted back,,) I am not a fan of
1. Clamping to windshield pillar where clamps could cause paint damage
2. Threaded bolts with rubber bumpers that will cause paint damage on wherever they are on fender?
Everywhere the rack interfaces with paint, thereā€™s a GOBI bracket that the rubber pads pressed against. To fully retract soft top you will need to rotate rack back to allow soft top to get to final position but just rotate rack back and drive away.

BlackearthBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same questions as above re:soft top operation, but I didn't see mentioned: can the rear be tilted up when the back door is opened? This is how my dogs get in, so it's definitely something I need to see in action before ordering.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same questions as above re:soft top operation, but I didn't see mentioned: can the rear be tilted up when the back door is opened? This is how my dogs get in, so it's definitely something I need to see in action before ordering.
This is a good/critical question. Honestly I donā€™t see it happening but I could be wrong. Letā€™s hope they share some pics of this in action soon.

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently, Gobi Bronco rack will open just like jeep one. Quick release bracket and straps are a bit pricey at $200 but hopefully works well and has replacement guarantee (see attached pic).

Big question I have for @GOBI Racks, will the additional supports struts accessory allow racks to handle the weight of a rooftop tent w 2x sleepers and do they recommend any specific rooftop tents to go with their racks? Personally, I'm a fan of a rooftop tent that opens sideways with ladder so tent closed isn't so long that it blocks front seat sunroof when driving.

I hopeful that these Gobi Racks are an awesome option to rig these new Broncos for Overlanding.

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 4.36.01 PM.png

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently, Gobi Bronco rack will open just like jeep one. Quick release bracket and straps are a bit pricey at $200 but hopefully works well and has replacement guarantee (see attached pic).

Big question I have for @GOBI Racks, will the additional supports struts accessory allow racks to handle the weight of a rooftop tent w 2x sleepers and do they recommend any specific rooftop tents to go with their racks? Personally, I'm a fan of a rooftop tent that opens sideways with ladder so tent closed isn't so long that it blocks front seat sunroof when driving.

I hopeful that these Gobi Racks are an awesome option to rig these new Broncos for Overlanding.

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 4.36.01 PM
The load capability of this rack is 300lb dynamic (weight while driving) and 800lb static (when in RTT). I had a GOBI rack (VERY similar) on my 4runner and my RTT is 152lbs and plan to use on my new Bronco as well. Iā€™m opting for not quick release and will just use a wrench or buy triangle knob for quicker bolt removal.

559BF101-CB0E-447B-A154-9F742739F1C8.jpeg

F117059C-E012-44D4-8D06-06F6CD0AEFC9.jpeg

05A706B0-38AD-4915-83A4-81F51D86D2E2.jpeg

85E5C028-C968-4304-9ADD-66583354EFA7.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m going to wager that both Position #1 and Cargo Lift will both be null and void with this rack.
Sponsored