First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks Can you share pics of your 4dr with GOBI and hard shell tent and what are the dimensions of the RTT footprint? Does your tent sit above the most front window upper bar or just behind/below? If sits above this bar, why? How much does the tent overhand the GOBI rails on sides and what is this dimension of the tent? What is the distance from ground to top of closed RTT? Does your Bronco have a lift and bigger tires beyond Sasquatch?

Thanks

3D695720-6197-4723-9B32-BDAB2F948B99.jpeg

F1A746D1-206A-415C-84F4-CD89D33A0B60.jpeg
Hey there! Here is an image of the tent. It sits flat with a slight amount on the front due to the length of the tent. Here is a link to the tent which has all the dimensions etc. https://23zero.com/product/kabari-hard-shell/
The one in the first photo is different from the one in the second photo. Our Bronco is stock Badsquatch - no lift and standard 35s. As far as total height with the tent we measure from the point of attachment for the rear upper isolators so around 20 inches. This is due to the fact that the height of everyones wheels, tires, lift etc change.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there! Here is an image of the tent. It sits flat with a slight amount on the front due to the length of the tent. Here is a link to the tent which has all the dimensions etc. https://23zero.com/product/kabari-hard-shell/
The one in the first photo is different from the one in the second photo. Our Bronco is stock Badsquatch - no lift and standard 35s. As far as total height with the tent we measure from the point of attachment for the rear isolators so around 20 inches. This is due to the fact that the height of everyones wheels, tires, lift etc change.
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] DSC09467-edit

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How tall are the Gobi racks off the normal roof line. Looks great and like the functionality but if doesn't fit in the garage, doesn't matter.
I like the Gobi's, but I think that might not fit in my work's parking deck.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one in the first photo is different from the one in the second photo. Our Bronco is stock Badsquatch - no lift and standard 35s. As far as total height with the tent we measure from the point of attachment for the rear upper isolators so around 20 inches. This is due to the fact that the height of everyones wheels, tires, lift etc change.
So if tent was 80 long it could sit on rails completely? I see you have cross bars on top of rails adding another inch or so.

what I really need is your dimension from top of closed tent to ground

861E3091-F520-4212-9B1B-B0B47E26D490.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if tent was 80 long it could sit on rails completely? I see you have cross bars on top of rails adding another inch or so.

what I really need is your dimension from top of closed tent to ground

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 861E3091-F520-4212-9B1B-B0B47E26D490
It is that height with the cross bars! We do not take that dimension as you tires/wheels/psi might be different. We also do not have our tent on currently so I cannot go out and measure that for you right now!

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’ll probably need cross bars no matter what. RTTs will have cross members that need to attach to the cross bars. GOBI does have options for these cross bars I think what is pictured are the adjustable ones that sit higher then the standards.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the standard ones which sit pretty much flush providing the lower profile you seek.
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 82C39343-BFF8-42D8-97AC-D55EFC8DC9CC

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the standard ones which sit pretty much flush providing the lower profile you seek.
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 82C39343-BFF8-42D8-97AC-D55EFC8DC9CC
Yes. Those are what I had on my 4Runner GOBI. They sit flush. Not sure why @GOBI Racks used bars higher than that

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Those are what I had on my 4Runner GOBI. They sit flush. Not sure why @GOBI Racks used bars higher than that
We had an awning and traction boards on at the same time as the tent. The elevation cross bars allow you to do so without it interfering!

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had an awning and traction boards on at the same time as the tent. The elevation cross bars allow you to do so without it interfering!
Gotit. Makes sense. My new tent has grooves in the sides, front, rear for mounting awnings, boards, whatever. This helps a lot as my old tent had to be shifted to the side (off center) to mount these things to the GOBI.

10867B54-5151-4EA6-9492-75DC3953DD60.jpeg

DD340E02-4AF9-4FD8-A51E-0481E9BA0556.jpeg

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

800 Lb static load! I demand a video of a bunch of fat guys jumping on the roof!
Jumping isn’t static load. The dynamic load is 300lb, so 1.5 guys jumping. The static load is 800lb and that would be fat guys sitting/laying on the rack stationary.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GOBI Racks and/or @GrumpyVet :

Could you measure the two lengths in the pic and outside dimension across the side rails (side to side)?

If I have my info correct on the original release the distance from top of roof in center of Bronco to the top of the side rails is 6.75”…..Correct? (Hard Top only)

Please

969E0DF5-1431-4009-A5A9-531F9FF77E50.jpeg

1E762A6E-4E0A-42B6-9FBD-32E1C4143D34.jpeg

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

87” and 91”
The roof curvature comes into play and the front light bar sits as highest point of the rack. remember the center of the front seal was 6.75” but going off the Birds Eye view center of bronco to if a cross bar was located on the rack it’d be about 5.5”

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

87” and 91”
The roof curvature comes into play and the front light bar sits as highest point of the rack. remember the center of the front seal was 6.75” but going off the Birds Eye view center of bronco to if a cross bar was located on the rack it’d be about 5.5”
Ok…this is very helpful. So a RTT to sit on the side rail space and not on the front window bar (highest point), the tent would need to be in the 91,2,3 inch long range to not overhang the back too much. This is very helpful.

I think a stock Sasquatch with 35s sits at 74” from ground to roof. Add 5.5” and now it’s 80”. Add a 9-10” tall RTT and we’re at 90”. Add 37s and a mild lift (2”+1”) and now 93”. Once I hit 96” I hit my garage header, so fingers crossed when I’m done my bronco won’t exceed 93ish inches.

thanks for the help
Sponsored