First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't confirm the exact design just yet, but our rack will definitely incorporate a platform for mounting lights in that area, I would assume similar to the Wrangler like the photo below.

The front portion of our racks that surround the windshield we refer to as the light bar (can get confusing haha). We have a couple options on the Wrangler and think we will mirror that for the Bronco. First is the height - either the stealth (shown) which is flush with the basket portion of the rack. Second is the ranger, which is another 1.5" or so taller than the stealth light bar. Obviously the ranger light bar would sit above the rest of the rack.

The second option is the light bar setup. What is pictured below is the multi-light setup, indicated by the two vertical support bars in that area. The other variant the LED setup, which essentially just removes those vertical support bars, allowing you to inset an LED bar.

Let me know if anyone needs clarification on this!

1642432092310.png
Thank you for the clarification. That makes sense to me. I know you can't confirm the whole design, but can you comment on whether or not the rack attaches to the windshield accessory mounts, or does it travel down the A-pillar, like the Wrangler? I appreciate your updates during the development process.
Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget about us 2 door folk 👍

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the clarification. That makes sense to me. I know you can't confirm the whole design, but can you comment on whether or not the rack attaches to the windshield accessory mounts, or does it travel down the A-pillar, like the Wrangler? I appreciate your updates during the development process.
I can't answer that just yet. Full disclosure, I've been working remote the past several weeks and updates from product development have kind of hush hush. At first I remember looking at the accessory mounts and seeing how weak the connection points were. My last dev discussion with the company was in December where there was a potential they would be used for additional bracing, but things have evolved since and wouldn't be comfortable assuming anything just yet.

I know it's been a sluggish past few weeks, but news is coming I promise!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget about us 2 door folk 👍
2 door is next on the list! I mentioned it previously, but because 2 door development will be much quicker than the 4 door, we will likely launch the 2 door at the same time. With current lead times, design will be finished well before the orders are up for production. No sense in making you guys wait!

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't answer that just yet. Full disclosure, I've been working remote the past several weeks and updates from product development have kind of hush hush. At first I remember looking at the accessory mounts and seeing how weak the connection points were. My last dev discussion with the company was in December where there was a potential they would be used for additional bracing, but things have evolved since and wouldn't be comfortable assuming anything just yet.

I know it's been a sluggish past few weeks, but news is coming I promise!
Thanks! I’m sure it will be great. Looking forward to it.

Sponsored

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been watching this hopeful for a lot more details but they keep delaying. My main need is just for carrying our thule ski box and a general rack, NO TENT. Went on the hunt again an found another decent rack and it says it can carry a tent but not a beefy as this will be. Will make a stronger then factory replacement option. https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-new-bronco-full-size-roof-rack/

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been watching this hopeful for a lot more details but they keep delaying. My main need is just for carrying our thule ski box and a general rack, NO TENT. Went on the hunt again an found another decent rack and it says it can carry a tent but not a beefy as this will be. Will make a stronger then factory replacement option. https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-new-bronco-full-size-roof-rack/
They posted in a new thread just to keep us on our toes. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gobi-bronco-rack-preview.33891/

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Current status: DESIGN IS COMPLETE. TRANSITIONING FROM PROTOTYPE TO PRODUCTION ASSEMBLY.

Sign up for our preorder mailing list to be the first to receive updates and early access to ordering when available:

https://www.gobiracks.com/gobi-ford-bronco/
Hey Weston,
If we wanted to, could we come pick these up at your Denver location when they come available?

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOBI - Any updates, preliminary info/pics? Looking forward to seeing the final design and anxious to understand details.

1) will fwd end mount to existing roof rack fastener locations?
2) if not, will attach near mirrors, similar to how the Jeep mounts?
3) will rack attach in rear similar to Jeep such that you can disconnect fwd end and rotate entire rack back to get access to back roof section/removal?
4) will ladder attach similar to Jeep?
5) will rack allow removal of roof components w/o removing rack?
6) will rack be similar to other Gobi (4runner) such that I can attach my ARB awning?
7) will rack have mesh on top so you can walk?
8) will rack have front/rear locations to mount lights?
9) will price be on par with prior versions?
10) will powdercoating be flat black or will you offer satin black?

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

PLEASE

I WANT THIS!!!

Please make for soft top and make it so you can flip it up, and put the top down, and lower it again easily. Whts the weight and what would the weight limits be on this (based on Jeep version).

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Weston,
If we wanted to, could we come pick these up at your Denver location when they come available?
I spoke with GOBI yesterday and they confirmed Weston is no longer with the company. Once ready, GOBI stated they will announce on the forum. I just don’t know if it’ll be in this thread or the new one they created or possibly they’ll just start a third lol.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I spoke with GOBI yesterday and they confirmed Weston is no longer with the company. Once ready, GOBI stated they will announce on the forum. I just don’t know if it’ll be in this thread or the new one they created or possibly they’ll just start a third lol.
I would much rather drive there and install in the parking lot instead of paying probably hundreds for shipping.
Sponsored