Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would be really nice if this could be designed to also accommodate removal of the middle panel easily without having to tilt the entire rack back.
I'm in Denver too, so when this is ready I'm definitely interested. Following this thread.

I'll second the comment that being able to remove the middle panel easily in addition to the front panels would be highly desirable.
Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in Colorado Springs and I have a 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with soft top. Really looking forward to what you are developing. Let me know if you need help with measurements or anything.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Denver too, so when this is ready I'm definitely interested. Following this thread.

I'll second the comment that being able to remove the middle panel easily in addition to the front panels would be highly desirable.
From our initial looks, I believe the panoramic version of our rack should accommodate quick removal of all four panels (may just have to remove the insert in order to remove the panel but we'll see).

As for the soft top, some of you are hoping the first section can be pulled back without interfering. From what I've seen, I don't believe that will be possible as the soft top rails sit on the edge of the vehicle. The width of the rack would have to be extended to accommodate, and I don't think it's a worthy trade-off.

As for the rear of the soft top opening up clamshell style to allow easier access to the tailgate, I don't think we can accommodate that either. I'll absolutely keep everyone updated when we start to see if anything changes.

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@GOBI Racks Do y'all have a super rough estimate of when your panoramic version of your rack will be available to the public? Super excited to see what y'all have in store!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks Do y'all have a super rough estimate of when your panoramic version of your rack will be available to the public? Super excited to see what y'all have in store!
Super rough estimate would be delivery around August 2022. Our lead times are about 8 months on full rack systems and hopefully will be wrapped up with development and launching around the first of the year. I'll detail that when we're ready but essentially you don't pay a penny until you either are ready to ship or the date of your free install here in Denver.

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Super rough estimate would be delivery around August 2022. Our lead times are about 8 months on full rack systems and hopefully will be wrapped up with development and launching around the first of the year. I'll detail that when we're ready but essentially you don't pay a penny until you either are ready to ship or the date of your free install here in Denver.
August 2022? In that case, can I call dibs on the first order now? LOL

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
August 2022? In that case, can I call dibs on the first order now? LOL
Haha I will give everyone an advance heads up on when the racks will go live on the website so those who want front of the line can make plans. Working on reducing the lead time but we make everything here in Denver with no outsourcing of any kind. Keeping max throughput the past 18 months has been challenging enough, let alone trying to improve and scale a business like this. That's why we don't hold customer money until we have something to show for it.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha I will give everyone an advance heads up on when the racks will go live on the website so those who want front of the line can make plans. Working on reducing the lead time but we make everything here in Denver with no outsourcing of any kind. Keeping max throughput the past 18 months has been challenging enough, let alone trying to improve and scale a business like this. That's why we don't hold customer money until we have something to show for it.
I appreciate it - you guys make quality products….definitely worth the wait!

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From our initial looks, I believe the panoramic version of our rack should accommodate quick removal of all four panels (may just have to remove the insert in order to remove the panel but we'll see).

As for the soft top, some of you are hoping the first section can be pulled back without interfering. From what I've seen, I don't believe that will be possible as the soft top rails sit on the edge of the vehicle. The width of the rack would have to be extended to accommodate, and I don't think it's a worthy trade-off.

As for the rear of the soft top opening up clamshell style to allow easier access to the tailgate, I don't think we can accommodate that either. I'll absolutely keep everyone updated when we start to see if anything changes.
so...what you are saying is if we have a soft top that we will need to find a hard top solution for this to work? I'm a little bummed by that but understand from a business perspective why you'd only want to focus on current version. Customer requests can bog down and distract unless there's a way to understand the market. I assume you took the first round of estimates before all the soft top switches due to hardtop issues and went that route?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really looking forward to seeing your 2door rack someday. I have a 141 lbs rtt sitting in the garage waiting for a Bronco. Super bummed about the OEM weight capacity.

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm

I'm also a little disappointed about this. Being one of those who swithed to the stop to to avoid the 'issues' with the hard top I was looking forward to a rack solution for the soft top... So it appears that at this time the only vendor even hinting at a rack solution for the soft top is 4wp.... I dont even care if I wasnt able to lift the front part of the soft top, so long as there was access to the back.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so...what you are saying is if we have a soft top that we will need to find a hard top solution for this to work? I'm a little bummed by that but understand from a business perspective why you'd only want to focus on current version. Customer requests can bog down and distract unless there's a way to understand the market. I assume you took the first round of estimates before all the soft top switches due to hardtop issues and went that route?
I must have worded this poorly. The rack system will be compatible with both the hard and soft tops, but from our initial previews, the soft tops won't be able to do two things with the rack on: pull back the top of the soft top (will need to go all the way back), and lifting the back of the soft top above the tailgate.

I'm also a little disappointed about this. Being one of those who swithed to the stop to to avoid the 'issues' with the hard top I was looking forward to a rack solution for the soft top... So it appears that at this time the only vendor even hinting at a rack solution for the soft top is 4wp.... I dont even care if I wasnt able to lift the front part of the soft top, so long as there was access to the back.
Explained above to the other concerned poster and sorry if that wasn't made clearer earlier. For reference, here are photos I found that are basically the only abilities of the soft top that will likely not work with our rack system. The soft tops will probably be limited to either fully closed or fully open. This is all speculation though based on our usual design philosophy and will definitely update if that changes during design.

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 1635781639963

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 1635781824268

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll certainly be following this thread as you move through development.

The main question for me will be the ultimate height of the rack above the roof. Earlier, you estimated 5" based on the Wrangler. The Wildtrack is 75.3 and my garage is 83.75... so I've got < 8" or so to play with. A little margin would be nice so if you guys can manage to keep it in the 5-7" from the roof range - I'm all in!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE

We will begin development this Friday! Special thanks to @GrumpyVet here who volunteered his Bronco to give us a head start since ours won't be arriving for another month or so. As promised, I'll be sharing what I can along the way and most likely will go dark towards the end for a proper worldwide reveal.

We're happy to be a part of the community and love the energy/involvement from the members here - especially so early in what's sure to be a long ride with this platform.

Talk soon!

Weston

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great news. Just a suggestion, though. Since your rack obviously will be designed to completely clear a tailgate opened in all positions, and from what I gather, the frame itself at least from pics I have seen is outside the bumper at the back, please consider an option for rear most crossbar to be far enough forward to clear the rear "hatch" when accessing the back. Either removable or sliding would accommodate longer items but still allow full rear access without having to unload the roof just to get at the back
Sponsored