Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would love to see something like this - a half-rack for 2D models.

Bronco Mockup.jpg
There are dozens of requests for this kind of system all over the forum (this would be my preferred setup too). I know its not usually GOBI's thing, but whoever makes this first is going to make a lot of $$$. Personally, I just want to be able to remove the front panels super easily with nothing overhead (whole point of the Bronco), yet still have my roof rack available over the back portion for gear whenever I need it.
Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are dozens of requests for this kind of system all over the forum (this would be my preferred setup too). I know its not usually GOBI's thing, but whoever makes this first is going to make a lot of $$$. Personally, I just want to be able to remove the front panels super easily with nothing overhead (whole point of the Bronco), yet still have my roof rack available over the back portion for gear whenever I need it.
100% my thinking as well!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed...
I have a 4 door on order and all i want is a rack behind the 2nd row. Even if i have to drill into the MIC top to tie into the roll cage, i really don't care.

Padams7

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a soft top, wanted a hard top but made some concessions. But shouldn't you be able to obtain two of the cross bars from Ford? and a half rack? I see the fishing concept and it has a rack on it like the one you posted?

I see a lot of cross bars already available, I would just be concerned about static weight rating with just being clamped on? I have also seen some Jeeps do a half rack like this using Junkyard For Explorer Racks cut down to fit.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From talking to Weston, I believe they plan on being able to still remove front panels fairly easily. Maybe a couple bolts to disconnect the rack in the middle. Last update provided they thought they would have something to share this week. Can’t wait!

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a soft top, wanted a hard top but made some concessions. But shouldn't you be able to obtain two of the cross bars from Ford? and a half rack? I see the fishing concept and it has a rack on it like the one you posted?

I see a lot of cross bars already available, I would just be concerned about static weight rating with just being clamped on? I have also seen some Jeeps do a half rack like this using Junkyard For Explorer Racks cut down to fit.
You would think that would be an option, but unfortunately it's not. The fishing rack version was only a concept which they chose not to produce (for reasons I will never know, they decided to mass produce something wildly less functional). I guess in theory you could make one if you purchased two factory racks and cut the back portions off of each... just hoping somebody makes this option "off the shelf" (like it is for literally every other vehicle) before my order gets here.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howdy! Currently in the air on the way back to the states but wanted to touch base.

I haven't heard much on the development status since the past week but it is priority uno as soon as I land. I'm hoping to have something to share this week, at least an update but fingers crossed the next email will go out with either a teaser or full reveal with launch date.

Thanks for your patience - this is definitely a labor of love. Talk to you soon!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update

Production version is still in progress. Tedious part of the process and I think we may wrap up by end of month. In the meantime I'll share anything that comes through. Thanks for your patience, we obviously want to nail the design the first time around and definitely not something you want to rush.

Weston

Padams7

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weston! I love you man! I have had an awning leaning against the wall in my office since Last February (2021) and I have a GFC Superlite now sitting behind the office chairs on the other side of my desk. I am anxiously awaiting the details on the rack cause this stuff won't fit on a soft top! Thank you for the updates!

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tracking. Need a rack for surfboards :( Gobi may be overkill but im in for one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not much, but I wanted to give some proof of life! Here are the first glimpses of the rear tower support featuring the pivot point on top. As with the Wrangler design, this should be compatible with most aftermarket rear bumpers in the future with no special parts or modifications needed.

Sorry I can't share more right now, but as soon as I have more intel to share you'll be the first to know!

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

Attachments

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's alive!
Personally I made the miscalculation of ordering a very large rooftop tent last summer, after I figured out that it would fit (with no overhang) on my 2-door bronco. 'miscalculation' because a) my bronco still is yet to get into my hands, b) I didn't consider weight ratings (tent weights 160lbs 😅)

With the imminent release of my bronco (just got word the new airbag was ordered), I'm excited to see what you guys come up with for the 2-door. me and my brand-new-in-the-box RTT eagerly await more good news!

It's not much, but I wanted to give some proof of life! Here are the first glimpses of the rear tower support featuring the pivot point on top. As with the Wrangler design, this should be compatible with most aftermarket rear bumpers in the future with no special parts or modifications needed.

Sorry I can't share more right now, but as soon as I have more intel to share you'll be the first to know!

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco IMG_8261

Just so happens you posted pics of the exact spot I was wondering about. Reading the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide, that spot looks to sit in the (Keep out Zone) of the ADAS sensor. Is this triggering any alerts on the instrument panel?
Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco ADAS Sensor

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so happens you posted pics of the exact spot I was wondering about. Reading the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide, that spot looks to sit in the (Keep out Zone) of the ADAS sensor. Is this triggering any alerts on the instrument panel?
Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco ADAS Sensor
Thank you for the documentation! I haven't confirmed if this was taken into consideration but I will respond again once I have clarification.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the documentation! I haven't confirmed if this was taken into consideration but I will respond again once I have clarification.
Make sure your test Bronco has BLISS system, otherwise those sensors may not even be there. A base wouldn't have it, but I'm pretty sure any model with a MID package or higher probably will.
Sponsored