Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howdy! Currently in the air on the way back to the states but wanted to touch base.

I haven't heard much on the development status since the past week but it is priority uno as soon as I land. I'm hoping to have something to share this week, at least an update but fingers crossed the next email will go out with either a teaser or full reveal with launch date.

Thanks for your patience - this is definitely a labor of love. Talk to you soon!
Any plans for a half rack for just the rear? So many people want this. The reason many of us went with a Bronco is to take the top off for the passengers.
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure your test Bronco has BLISS system, otherwise those sensors may not even be there. A base wouldn't have it, but I'm pretty sure any model with a MID package or higher probably will.
Affirmative. Test Bronco is a Badlands High pkg. Ask me how I know. Lol

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did confirm the these sensors were taken into consideration and will not be affected. The JL Wranglers have a similar system which works flawlessly in conjunction with our racks - see attached. Of course we'll be doing final road testing once completed for another final verification, but if anything else pops up you'll be the first to know.

Thanks again for the curiosity - this is what makes an excellent end product!

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 8.48.08 AM.png

Sponsored

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell me about it! I have a GFC Superlite sitting against the wall in my office, and an awning behind me!
Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 16AB88BB-11EF-48A9-BBD4-B3314580D722
Same here. My fear is finally installing the rack and tent and finding that I am too tall for the tent. lol

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. My fear is finally installing the rack and tent and finding that I am too tall for the tent. lol
We're still working away - nothing to share just yet but we're getting closer!

As for the tent, I have a suggestion that I used while waiting for mine a few years ago. Get the mattress dimensions from their website or by calling, grab a big blanket and tape measurer, and fold in the sides until the dimensions match the mattress. Definitely helped put me at ease while waiting.

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're still working away - nothing to share just yet but we're getting closer!

As for the tent, I have a suggestion that I used while waiting for mine a few years ago. Get the mattress dimensions from their website or by calling, grab a big blanket and tape measurer, and fold in the sides until the dimensions match the mattress. Definitely helped put me at ease while waiting.
Thanks for tip! I will give that a try. Even if the tent does not work out, I am still looking forward to the roof rack!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea when 2 door will be available?
I believe we will launch the 2 door with the 4 door for ordering considering the bulk of the R&D will have been completed with the 4 door.

Sponsored
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 big bend bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Current status: DESIGN IS COMPLETE. TRANSITIONING FROM PROTOTYPE TO PRODUCTION ASSEMBLY.

Sign up for our preorder mailing list to be the first to receive updates and early access to ordering when available:

https://www.gobiracks.com/gobi-ford-bronco/

Hey all,

My name is Weston and I am with GOBI Racks here in Denver. We're anxiously awaiting our Bronco (estimated build date is mid-November), but we're ready to begin development as soon as possible. I wanted to introduce myself as a resource moving forward as well as extend an offer to those who already have possession of their 4 Door hard top.

Each of our racks are designed from the ground up to fit each make and model. Development time for a new platform is approximately 45 days. If someone here is willing to leave their vehicle at our Denver headquarters for that period, they will leave with a complete roof rack system and several free accessories of their choice.

To shed a little light on the pre-development brainstorming, our initial philosophy is a rack system similar to the Wranglers (photos attached for reference). The benefit to this design is our pivot system, which allows the rack system to quickly separate from the light bar and pivot back, making easy work of hard top removal or soft top actuation. As with virtually all of our products, this will be a user-friendly installation with no drilling required. The same rack system will fit both the hard and soft top. After the 4 door is finished, we will move to the 2 door so feel free to keep us in mind for that project as well. The priority right now is the 4 door hard top.

We're excited to get to work and I'm happy to be a part of the community. Feel free to message me here or at my email [email protected] if I can be of further help in the meantime.

Thanks!

Weston

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 16AB88BB-11EF-48A9-BBD4-B3314580D722

I've gotta get this setup :)

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks , Will the rack take the connection points to top of the windscreen? I ask because I was planning on putting a light bar up there and wondering if that was going to interfere with the rack.

Kind of like this:

8F03F582-52AC-41A2-9823-412FA234011B.jpeg

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks , Will the rack take the connection points to top of the windscreen? I ask because I was planning on putting a light bar up there and wondering if that was going to interfere with the rack.

Kind of like this:

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 8F03F582-52AC-41A2-9823-412FA234011B
Good question. I hope so, too.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Kind of like this:

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 8F03F582-52AC-41A2-9823-412FA234011B
Good question. I hope so, too.
I can't confirm the exact design just yet, but our rack will definitely incorporate a platform for mounting lights in that area, I would assume similar to the Wrangler like the photo below.

The front portion of our racks that surround the windshield we refer to as the light bar (can get confusing haha). We have a couple options on the Wrangler and think we will mirror that for the Bronco. First is the height - either the stealth (shown) which is flush with the basket portion of the rack. Second is the ranger, which is another 1.5" or so taller than the stealth light bar. Obviously the ranger light bar would sit above the rest of the rack.

The second option is the light bar setup. What is pictured below is the multi-light setup, indicated by the two vertical support bars in that area. The other variant the LED setup, which essentially just removes those vertical support bars, allowing you to inset an LED bar.

Let me know if anyone needs clarification on this!

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco 1642432092310
Sponsored