First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, out of curiosity, I contacted Gobi Racks regarding a system similar to the Stealth Rack they make for the Wrangler being in the works for the Bronco. I didn't ask if it was currently in the works or if they are waiting for the Bronco to be officially in production, sorry. However, I did receive an email this afternoon from Paul at Gobi and he said there will absolutely be a rack system for the Bronco. I suppose I should have asked if he had a time frame.

Just thought I'd share the one tidbit I learned. Looking forward to ordering and then driving a new Bronco.

Anyways, here's a link to the Wrangler 4 door Rack they make. https://www.gobiracks.com/product/gobi-jeep-wrangler-jl-4door-stealth-rack-40-inch-light-bar-setup/
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the information!

by the way I love Anchorage! I will be your there to race the Iditarod in late Feb!

OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the information!

by the way I love Anchorage! I will be your there to race the Iditarod in late Feb!
I've been to the Iditarod start once. Now I avoid it (too many people). Good luck on the race! I know it's difficult in good years. Message me if you need anything while you're up here.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been to the Iditarod start once. Now I avoid it (too many people). Good luck on the race! I know it's difficult in good years. Message me if you need anything while you're up here.
Thank you!
I should clarify I’m doing the human powered version that starts one week before the dog sled race.
1000 miles to Nome on foot pulling my own sled...
Yes I’m a special kind of stupid?

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So glad Ford made those mounting spots above the windshield and on the the roof rather than below the front windshield and on the rear body above the tail lights. Roof racks look infinitely better mounted to the top of the rig and not hovering above it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you!
I should clarify I’m doing the human powered version that starts one week before the dog sled race.
1000 miles to Nome on foot pulling my own sled...
Yes I’m a special kind of stupid?
Well, to each their own. I also spent time in the Marine Corps Infantry. Learned from that and went into Army Aviation.... If it's not vitally important, I don't walk.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad Ford made those mounting spots above the windshield and on the the roof rather than below the front windshield and on the rear body above the tail lights. Roof racks look infinitely better mounted to the top of the rig and not hovering above it.
Ive got a Kargo Master on my JK which has served me very well, and affords a nice large increase in load capability (vs relying on the composite top to support it).

Glad to hear Gobi isn’t going to sit back on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Gobi Racks option coming for Bronco 7E02D297-30E4-40A3-A0E4-5AF7CC0CFDB6

OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive got a Kargo Master on my JK which has served me very well, and affords a nice large increase in load capability (vs relying on the composite top to support it).

Glad to hear Gobi isn’t going to sit back on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Gobi Racks option coming for Bronco 7E02D297-30E4-40A3-A0E4-5AF7CC0CFDB6
Nice looking Jeep. I was going to order a JL Unlimited until my area dealers made me feel FCA didn't want my money anymore.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking Jeep. I was going to order a JL Unlimited until my area dealers made me feel FCA didn't want my money anymore.
I was thinking I would eventually replace this JK with a JL... until they released it... and I decided it wasn’t worth it.

And then BRONCO ?

Last edited:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol @ finding a dealer of any make that doesn't suck in AK. They all have a captive audience to bend over.

I'm flyin' out to get one. Almost did that with my GMT700 Duramax, but one local dealer was okay. Not real impressed with their service dept though.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ones that mount at the cowl and rear bumper have way more capacity than the shell mounted ones on the Wranglers and Broncos. If you want a roof top tent on the Bronco you're going to have to run a rack like this one or an inner skeleton that reinforces the top or anchors it to the tool cage.

I've got an email into Rhino to see if they're going to offer their Backbone reinforcement for the Bronco.

OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol @ finding a dealer of any make that doesn't suck in AK. They all have a captive audience to bend over.

I'm flyin' out to get one. Almost did that with my GMT700 Duramax, but one local dealer was okay. Not real impressed with their service dept though.
Right? I know a guy that sends Kendall Ford in Anchorage a lot of business, so for service, I should be OK there. Since my wifes work (a bank) has a deal with them for ALL their local dealerships, the financing isn't too bad either, so I'll only be dealing with a sales manager for a handshake and the sales guy long enough to order what I want.

Besides, their service department can't be much worse than Anchorage Chrysler Center or Lithia Dodge. Anchorage Chrysler once charged me $50 in "labor" when I know the tech never touched my truck becasue the service writter never called the warranty company. Then, I got it back with a check engine light that wasn't on when I dropped it off (for a defrost mirror failure) and 2 feet of snow on the roof and a cracked windshield.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ones that mount at the cowl and rear bumper have way more capacity than the shell mounted ones on the Wranglers and Broncos. If you want a roof top tent on the Bronco you're going to have to run a rack like this one or an inner skeleton that reinforces the top or anchors it to the tool cage.

I've got an email into Rhino to see if they're going to offer their Backbone reinforcement for the Bronco.
I'm aware they're stronger. I'm also aware of how much less attractive looking they are (no offense meant). I get function over form, but I've never needed my roof bars to bear more than standard roof top ones can hold. I just can't stand the look of the ones that don't mount to the actual roof, again, no offense meant.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious for those that have a setup like this, can you still remove the roof sections? How about the end cap?
On a Jeep the Gobi rack tilts back so you can take off the hard top or fold down the soft top

Don't think it can be done with anything on the rack though

LoD has one where the top rack slides to the side for top access while holding a ton of weight
Sponsored