Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's 5pm on Friday of a long holiday weekend, and I get this email from my dealer (yeah, that sounds bad):

"Got some new info yesterday. The only tops being produced moving forward for the 21 MY are soft tops. If you want to make the change to soft top only we have a great chance at getting this picked up for build. I made the change with a customer yesterday and it got picked up today. Let me know what you think."​

Interesting, especially since 1) I ordered a 2-door and 2) I got my "scheduled for production" email from Ford yesterday (week of July 12).

I sent back my best slightly-bemused, puzzled, please-clarify-wtf-are-you-asking-me-to-do response. He probably sent out a bunch of these before making a mad dash out the door for the weekend and/or will see my response first thing Tuesday. Either way, he'll know he stepped in it. He will also learn he's not going to be able to convert that Lightning reservation I have.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How in any way does anyone take the email from today and conclude that it's only soft tops for the rest of '21? There will be hard tops. Just not enough, at the current moment, to fill every order that wants one right now.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I deferred for a MY2022, so the news doesn't really bother me. I do feel for the folks that have a VIN and expected delivery in June or July and are now delayed - big bummer. I wonder if adding the sound headliner at the hardtop manufacturer is causing the delays?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm. I’ll be pleasantly surprised when my FE comes with a soft top. Lol dealers have no clue what’s going on it’s sad these are the people in charge to sell Broncos.
Fortunately some are well versed in the new bronco, are customer-oriented and upfront. Here is a Memorial Day salute to the best bronco dealer in the nation-Eric Bunch at Kearny Mesa Ford!

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need a "Clueless Dealer" thread, naming names...
Not entirely sure if my dealership is clueless or purposefully leaving us uninformed and in the dark.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We need a "Clueless Dealer" thread, naming names...
Could not agree more. Had similar dialogue with my dealer today. He had to check his files to see if a soft top was offered for the 2 door and he is buying a bronco himself. How the F do they not know that a soft top is not offered with a 2 door currently? The fact Ford itself did not make that distinction in that worthless email from today makes me think the people who wrote it are the same people that picked the interior seat colors.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do feel for the folks that have a VIN and expected delivery in June or July and are now delayed
It’s definitely not us with the VINs that are most impacted (or at all) by this news, fortunately and unfortunately

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone rapidly swapping to a soft top now, all us customers who are patiently sitting here with the build we actually want (including MIC top) are very appreciative that the demand for MIC tops goes down with every change to a soft top… Keep going everyone! :)

Spoiler alert: Soft top shortage next month.

Sponsored

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Other than the FE's has anyone received a build date with a hardtop? I received my build date of 6/21 a while ago but I have a soft top.

Outer Banks:
- Sasquatch
- Cyber Orange
- High Pkg.
- Soft Top

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than the FE's has anyone received a build date with a hardtop? I received my build date of 6/21 a while ago but I have a soft top.

Outer Banks:
- Sasquatch
- Cyber Orange
- High Pkg.
- Soft Top
Lots of non-FE hard tops have scheduled…

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of non-FE hard tops have scheduled…
I'm sure there are but I think it's probably a 70/30 soft tops/hardtops maybe even 80/20. What I think Ford should do is include all the connections for the hardtops for the MY21's because of all the issues. That way people can order the hardtop when they're available. Simple solution with a great outcome.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do feel for the folks that have a VIN and expected delivery in June or July and are now delayed -
Ooh,you dont need to worry about the folks with VIN's. They didn't get that letter everybody else did today.

If they have a VIN, they have a build date.
If they have a build date, Ford has allowed for all the parts to required for that build.

There are going to be hard tops, just not many.

I'd venture a guess that Webasto, will build 4dr FE tops and as many 2 dr as they can since they have no other option.
If the 2dr need is fulfilled for any given build period, they can build as many 4dr as time will permit.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outer Banks:
- Sasquatch
- Cyber Orange
- High Pkg.
- Soft Top
Does my Base 2 door count?
Sponsored