Sponsored

Going for factory Roof Rack & Rails for 2-door Bronco? Or go aftermarket?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep this is what I’ve been debating with squatching the BD and adding the roof rack with rails what it adds the overall height. I don’t wanna bring it home from the dealer and realize my 45k new rig won’t fit in my garage..
Odd... they don't list BD...

Height
Base 71.9 73.0 (soft top)
Big Bend 72.9 72.9
Wildtrak 75.2 75.3
Badlands 73.8 73.9

(When available roof racks are installed, add
3.6-inches to two-door models, 3.4-inches
to four-door models for max height.)
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd... they don't list BD...

Height
Base 71.9 73.0 (soft top)
Big Bend 72.9 72.9
Wildtrak 75.2 75.3
Badlands 73.8 73.9

(When available roof racks are installed, add
3.6-inches to two-door models, 3.4-inches
to four-door models for max height.)
Odd truly
But thanks for the info, this is squatched height ?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a newbie question and I am seeking advice as well. I am wondering if I should purchase the Roof/Rails for my 2-door bronco or should i wait for aftermarket. Will it get in the way of me taking off the roof panels? Will it obstruct me view?

Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations?

Thanks for your consideration!

Claude
Member 1145
As to the original question.......we have been told that with the basic roof rack/rails you will be able to easily remove the driver and passenger roof panels on the 2DR. You cannot easily remove the rear clamshell unless you unbolt the entire rail/rack system

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hear ya but just because something is small in comparison to the overall price, doesn't mean you are getting a good deal.

I'll be curious if the rails are like the ones in some pics that run to the front windshield, or the ones that run sideways across the top from side to side.

I will say that based on the specs, WT with the roof rails is about 79" and my garage is 81" so I should be good :)
Roof rails run front to back.....on the Bronco these do mount on the windshield frame and go back. Crossbars are what go side to side. Go price these items at Yakima or Thule and you will find that $400 is a good deal from the factory. The OEM crossbars on my Pilot were $135 alone that I added to the rails after I bought the vehicle new. For me, it’s a necessity to fit ski racks or my cargo box on top.

Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a newbie question and I am seeking advice as well. I am wondering if I should purchase the Roof/Rails for my 2-door bronco or should i wait for aftermarket. Will it get in the way of me taking off the roof panels? Will it obstruct me view?

Claude
Member 1145
I am thinking about getting a Roofnest Sparrow so I am going to wait and see what roof rails they recommend.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Probably get the factory one so I have something from day one. Then upgrade to a Thule when they inevitably come out with a much better one.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were buying a 2 door I'd get the factory rack since the front panels can still come off without removing racks altogether. Since I got a 4 door and the rear seat panel can't be removed with factory rack, that is a deal breaker for me. If I'm taking the very back trunk portion of the roof off I know that is a commitment in which case I don't mind a few extra minutes to remove a rack too but the front panels need to be easily on/off for me or else why am I even buying a Bronco? Just my .02

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Claude
Member 1145
Like several things.... I'm waiting on aftermarket roof racks and performance parts. Goodluck!!!
Sponsored