Sponsored

Going for factory Roof Rack & Rails for 2-door Bronco? Or go aftermarket?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep 400 is cheap and the fit will be spot on it wkll carry my stuff fine?
Sponsored

Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th anniversary rubicon unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the rack u can purchase, it looks like they tried to center the weight. It’s not mostly to the rear as most racks are. Tho who knows since we don’t know how it mounts to the rear cap.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am wondering the same thing! The interactive garage builder site shows Yakima bars mounted on just the rear portion of the roof. I think the factory roof rack looks a little clunky and would prefer the smaller Yakima bars just on the back but I don't know if it's actually going to be a real thing or not. I have an older Yakima basketcase cargo rack I'd like to mount up there.
Here is my rule for options. Upgrade from Ford if you get a credit for the lesser part. Good examples would be an engine, transmission or soft top ungrade for a hard one. I will not get nerf bars, hitch or winch because they were never there anyway and are easy to bolt on. I also believe we will get better choices and better prices from the aftermarket.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is the $400 for an actual Rack or just the rails and then you have to go out and buy a rack on top of that to actually make use of anything? $400 for a couple of rails seems steep.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is the $400 for an actual Rack or just the rails and then you have to go out and buy a rack on top of that to actually make use of anything? $400 for a couple of rails seems steep.
I believe Survey said Rails and crossbars $400

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ouch... does that seem $$$ to everyone?
If you look at a pair of Thule crossbars you will be paying upwards of $400. If you aren’t planning on doing other aftermarket modifications and prefer a factory look, it is relatively cheap. In the end if your worried about something at 1% or less of the price of the vehicle, you may have already exceeded your budget.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll go with the stock roof rails and crossbars. I believe a person can diy a block or some kind of support right in the middle of the side rails for more support. I'm guessing a person can diy a crossbar across the middle too.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

400 is a steal they look like the fit into some pockets on the top panels or body,400 is the going price.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i will not be paying 600 for a 2in reciever?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i will not be paying 600 for a 2in reciever?
Is it just a hitch or comes with more? Whenever I've added the Towing package on past vehicles, it meant a hitch, trailer wiring plug, larger alternator, and transmission cooler.

So yes.. 600 for just a hitch it stupid... but not for more.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you look at a pair of Thule crossbars you will be paying upwards of $400. If you aren’t planning on doing other aftermarket modifications and prefer a factory look, it is relatively cheap. In the end if your worried about something at 1% or less of the price of the vehicle, you may have already exceeded your budget.
I hear ya but just because something is small in comparison to the overall price, doesn't mean you are getting a good deal.

I'll be curious if the rails are like the ones in some pics that run to the front windshield, or the ones that run sideways across the top from side to side.

I will say that based on the specs, WT with the roof rails is about 79" and my garage is 81" so I should be good :)

Reactions: N3T

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t have an immediate need for roof rack. I would like to see what the aftermarket comes out with

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya but just because something is small in comparison to the overall price, doesn't mean you are getting a good deal.

I'll be curious if the rails are like the ones in some pics that run to the front windshield, or the ones that run sideways across the top from side to side.

I will say that based on the specs, WT with the roof rails is about 79" and my garage is 81" so I should be good :)
Yep this is what I’ve been debating with squatching the BD and adding the roof rack with rails what it adds the overall height. I don’t wanna bring it home from the dealer and realize my 45k new rig won’t fit in my garage..

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait for aftermarket.

I’m personally waiting for Front Runner to make something.

I like there low profile sleek and interlocking design. I had a front runner rack and accessories on my LR4 for years. It’s solid.
Sponsored