Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went solo a couple of months ago at Mount Potosi outside of Las Vegas. I was the lead driver with the instructor, but he was out of the car about half the time. Way more fun than being with someone and having to give up the wheel. HIGHLY RECOMMEND SOLO!
Ford Bronco Going Solo to the Off-Roadeo IMG_0311
Sponsored

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually the guide goes with a solo attendee...
That’s what happened to me. Awesome guy and I got to be the “lead” vehicle. I learned a lot from him that never went out over the radio.
Just go and have fun!

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went solo in Texas. I was mid pack alone in the Bronco. It was nice no distractions was able to see, listen and learn. I used the credit to buy Off-Roadeo Merchandise.
Ford Bronco Going Solo to the Off-Roadeo IMG_4532

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander/Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opinion,after getting a 11x17 glossy photo for $611 bucks and not attending is to go solo. No refunds if you need to reschedule and a $250 tag for Rescheduling. They are not affiliated with Ford (their words not mine). A little over 400 bucks a passenger, pass.

Last edited:

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went solo to NH last summer. I loved it! To be fair, I tend to like doing a lot of things solo, so it didn't bother me to not have a buddy. But as everyone is saying, you'll likely get the option to be the lead car which by far is the coolest. The instructor jumped in with me from time to time but also put a lot of faith in me to lead the group and stop at appropriate places.

There's something to be said with being the first one to do the obstacles. This was my first time off-roading (besides beach driving) and I really had to pay attention and use what I learned because there were no Broncos in front of me to imitate or follow their lines. I found it to be a good challenge and it pushed me out of my comfort zone in the best way.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife and I can't get out schedules to work out, so I'm thinking about going solo to the off-rodeo.
Anyone else done one solo and do you think it changes the experience?
I went solo to the Off-Roadeo. My wife and son went to Arches while I did the Off-Roadeo in Moab. I will say that I think I got the best experience. For one, we had great instructors in our group (Brian and Melissa). :) But even better was having full-time access to an instructor riding along, so I could ask any questions and have any conversation. To me, it was like having one-on-one instruction. I drove in the tail gunner position--last Bronco of the pack. So, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Plus, you'll save money not paying for a companion. 😁

Last edited:

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just did the same in Moab on Friday. The extra time with the instructor is a plus. BUT, it is not for those who are timid. If you do go solo, be prepared to be be paired with the Instructor. Being first means, you do everything first. So if you have presentation anxiety, it may not be for you. If you don't mind the extra pressure or attention, GO FOR IT!

20230526_155807.jpg

20230526_132155.jpg

20230526_145311.jpg

20230526_104829.jpg

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just did NH last weekend, in our group of 8, 4 were solos, and the lead was not a single rider because they really wanted that specific Bronco. If you're hesitant, worry not, it was a blast, everyone there was great, they truly wanted you to learn and have fun. Sure it would be fun to share the experience with someone, but it's not my friends scene, so I was happy to go alone. If it were free, I would seek out all 4 locations.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was solo in NH. You don’t get to select the Bronco you wish to drive, as they place you in the lead Bronco. However, on the positive side, you get to drive all day.

JKR_8944.jpeg

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went solo and the instructor still rode in another car. Wow - I need to do some real introspection

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was solo in NH. You don’t get to select the Bronco you wish to drive, as they place you in the lead Bronco. However, on the positive side, you get to drive all day.

Ford Bronco Going Solo to the Off-Roadeo JKR_8944
I think this is instructor/site dependent. Not only did I get to pick my Bronco (I picked on exactly like my personal Bronco), but I was not the lead car. I was tail-gunner. If there's more than one solo driver in your group, you both can't be lead! :)

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went solo in Vegas (wife flew out the next day and we stayed for a few more days). I ended up being the trailing car with the guide and he let me really push the limits and do highspeed runs. I am pretty sure he said I was one of his last tours and he was leaving to do something else after.

TIP YOUR GUIDES

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At the Vegas Rodeo there were a lot (50%) of solo drivers, including myself. It was great.
Nice I’m going solo in Las Vegas this fall. Very excited.
Sponsored