Sponsored

Going to off roadeo in Moab, camping between there and Albuquerque?

Hiwater123

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, stang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, I'm so thankful for the info from so many members on this site! Thankyou! Because of you and this site, got a great deal with #dealerinsider, a badlands with the works. Just waiting on Ford to make it ;).

I signed up for the Off Roadeo in Moab (never been there), and will be driving to it from the Memphis, TN Area (2010 F150 350K Miles :D, hence the new bronco :cool:). Drive to CO every year multiple times, so no biggie on the distance.

I would love to know if anyone has a good place to camp after i make my right turn from Albuquerque, but before Moab. Tent hunt elk in Oct./Nov. in the mountains, so not a camping noob. THANKS!!!

ps, going to mountain west Overland expo, after Moab, anyone else?
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lavender/Davis Canyons just to the south of Moab butts up to the East side of Canyonlands. Do it, epic country and you shouldn't see anyone.
Ford Bronco Going to off roadeo in Moab, camping between there and Albuquerque? IMG_3457.JPG

Tintop

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off, I'm so thankful for the info from so many members on this site! Thankyou! Because of you and this site, got a great deal with #dealerinsider, a badlands with the works. Just waiting on Ford to make it ;).

I signed up for the Off Roadeo in Moab (never been there), and will be driving to it from the Memphis, TN Area (2010 F150 350K Miles :D, hence the new bronco :cool:). Drive to CO every year multiple times, so no biggie on the distance.

I would love to know if anyone has a good place to camp after i make my right turn from Albuquerque, but before Moab. Tent hunt elk in Oct./Nov. in the mountains, so not a camping noob. THANKS!!!

ps, going to mountain west Overland expo, after Moab, anyone else?

Tintop

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a place in red River. The house is under construction but it’s about an acre- your welcome to camp there.

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far out of Albuquerque would you like to be. There are a ton of options between the two depending on how much time you want to spend.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hiwater123

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, stang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey!
Thanks for the reply! only planning on having 3 days to camp, but wanted one day to camp around Telluride (advance scouting for skiing :cool:) from Telluride, think it's only 3 hours to moab,
lol, so to answer your question, about 2 days to camp, and it doesn't matter how far it is out of Albuquerque!

Thanks!

John

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pro-Tip: If it's your first time in Utah and you enjoy a fine adult beverage, bring your own.

The beer in UT is mostly awful and capped at 5.0% abv. Not to say a beer must be over that, but you will find a pittiful variety, high prices, and strange hours of operation.

Or you can visit the church state run (actually, it is run by the church) stores and pick up the devil's juice at the cost of a spare limb or impressionable child.

Onto the other topic: You should absolutely rent a Jeep for a day from Twisted Jeeps and take it into Canyonlands (White Rim trail is superb, don't forget to buy the trail pass the day before!) or Moab (their list of restricted runs is very small) after you do the off rodeo. Your day in the Jeep on your own will be the best wheeling you do and really give some ideas as to any potential modifications to your Bronco you want to do.

Can't speak highly enough for the guys who run Twisted Jeeps, they were awesome to deal with and encouraged going on some trails to push your skills or gain some skills.

https://www.twistedjeeps.com/

Ford Bronco Going to off roadeo in Moab, camping between there and Albuquerque? 179960284_10222763651814327_4750633507366929648_n

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are tons of options—depending on what you want. My best advice is to get on recreation.gov and search for campsites for Moab and or Monticello Utah. Contact me privately if you want my opinion.

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can easily spend all three days between Durango, Silverton, Ouray and Teluride. Depending on your vehicle and abilities there are miles and miles of dirt roads and places to camp. If you want to spend more time in the desert, Canyon Rims recreation area is just North of Monticello Utah off of Hwy 191 and 133 leads out to Needles Overlook which is one of my favorite spots. There is a campground on that road or there is also a lot of dispersed camping in the area. Enjoy

revans1009

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, 2012 Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a place in red River. The house is under construction but it’s about an acre- your welcome to camp there.
Gotta say - this is exactly why I love this community. Similar to the camping we do with the kids, you typically find those who are just good-hearted, caring, do unto others.. types. Makes the world a better place for everyone. <thumbs up>
Sponsored