Sponsored

Going to swap Sasquatch wheels with Base steel wheels

• Thread starter Deleted member 18388
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 18388

I'm ordering a base sasquatch. However I like the base steel wheels better. Anybody know the dimensions of the sasquatch wheel? I'm going to buy steelies to swap out with it. Also would appreciate if people had a good place to find some steelies?
Iconic Silver Base Bronco 2-Door Steel Wheels 1.jpg
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are all the wheel specs.

Ford Bronco Going to swap Sasquatch wheels with Base steel wheels 1617069006047

The steel wheels are carried over from the Ranger.

The 17x7.5 is the black steel wheel. That’s a pretty narrow tire for a 315 series tire... but it’s better than the 7” on the silver 16” steelies.... though offset is still wrong.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18388

Here are all the wheel specs.

Ford Bronco Going to swap Sasquatch wheels with Base steel wheels 1617069006047

The steel wheels are carried over from the Ranger.

The 17x7.5 is the black steel wheel. That’s a pretty narrow tire for a 315 series tire... but it’s better than the 7” on the silver 16” steelies.
Thanks a bunch. Wonder if I'm the only one that actually would rather have the steelies than any other wheel.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks a bunch. Wonder if I'm the only one that actually would rather have the steelies than any other wheel.
I really like the black steelies, and am considering swapping out for them on my Badlands (non-Sas).

There’s handful of us on the board, and we normally catch flack when we make ourselves known... but we exist.

;)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you'll find plenty of company on this forum. The sasquatch wheels are a little busy for my tastes so I'm on the hunt myself.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18388

I think you'll find plenty of company on this forum. The sasquatch wheels are a little busy for my tastes so I'm on the hunt myself.
Agreed. My only concern is finding steel wheels to fit the sasquatch tires. I dont want to have to spend $1300 on tires to match the steelies.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. My only concern is finding steel wheels to fit the sasquatch tires. I dont want to have to spend $1300 on tires to match the steelies.
Offset is really going to be the issue. The stock Bronco/Ranger offset is +55, which we’ve deduced is good up to a 285. If you go any wider than that the tire will interfere with the upper control arm.

Sas wheels are +30 for the offset (plus the wider flares) which obviously works for the 315.

I choose not to ever deal with wheel spacers (plus they’re illegal in my state), but that’s obviously the fastest way to deal with that issue.

There’s a bunch of 0 offset wheels out there, but that sticks the tires out an additional 1”+ beyond Sasquatch (maybe almost 2? I can’t remember now).

This obviously brings with it a whole host of new problems.

I’m expecting we’ll shortly see a whole bunch of +30 aftermarket wheels to take advantage of the Bronco crowd.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You MIGHT find steelies to fit the Squatch tires. The biggest issue is the width of the tire. You'll really need the +30mm (or less offset) to get the tire away from the suspension parts.
Here's a few actually.
I can't speak to the quality of these. I'd do some research. I once had a set of wheels that were bored off center. Vibrated so bad, made your vision blur at highway speeds. lol

EDIT: The three load range C 315/70-17 tires I found on line all work on an 8" thru 11" wheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 18388

You MIGHT find steelies to fit the Squatch tires. The biggest issue is the width of the tire. You'll really need the +30mm (or less offset) to get the tire away from the suspension parts.
Here's a few actually.
I can't speak to the quality of these. I'd do some research. I once had a set of wheels that were bored off center. Vibrated so bad, made your vision blur at highway speeds. lol
So let's say I found 35in tires that would fit the base steelies. Would those interfere with any suspension conponents?

Last edited by a moderator: