Sponsored

Going to the Texas Bronco Rodeo today. Got any requests?

OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took a ton of video, but the forum won't let me post them due to file size.
After Day 1 - holy smokes! These Broncos are just incredible. I've got a lot of 4x4 in my history, but nothing compares to these beasts! In deep sand, crawling up slippery rock faces I wouldn't have even tried, rear wheel locking and turning on a dime, it was truly amazing. Everything we faced today was not even really close to a problem. I've never felt so confident in an off roading situation like this. It really was amazing how easy the Bronco made everything feel.
The course gets even steeper and crazier tomorrow, so we'll see if it still feels this easy, but so far I'm beyond amazed at what it can do.
It was a great day from bell to bell.
If you can do one of these - do it!
Best money I've spent in awhile and the most fun.
I told my wife, "It's like being on a roller coaster, but you get to pick the track."

20210731_181945.jpg

20210731_173844.jpg

20210731_161755.jpg

20210731_161745.jpg

20210731_154324.jpg

20210731_151220.jpg

20210731_142510.jpg

20210731_142255.jpg

20210731_140133.jpg
Sponsored

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a video on another thread. What is everyone bringing!?! Backpacks full of stuff? I thought about getting on a plane with a change of clothes or two...but feel like I should be bringing more. People seemed to have more with them on the trails then I thought of bringing for the whole trip! Maybe itā€™s in the details I didnā€™t readšŸ˜‚

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw a video on another thread. What is everyone bringing!?! Backpacks full of stuff? I thought about getting on a plane with a change of clothes or two...but feel like I should be bringing more. People seemed to have more with them on the trails then I thought of bringing for the whole trip! Maybe itā€™s in the details I didnā€™t readšŸ˜‚
Email says to bring a lot with you. I did not take anything with me- other than my ID, credit card and phone. You get a yeti water bottle when you arrive and you can fill it up all over the place. Youā€™ll need it! Thereā€™s some free snacks up at the check in desk. Says to wear pants, but some wore shorts and they were Ok. Maybe put on sunscreen before heading out, but they even have that! Hat, shades, and closed toed shoes are a must. If there hasnā€™t been rain, you wonā€™t get muddy, but I did bring extra shorts and left them in my car just in case - donā€™t want to get my car dirty!

Itā€™s a blast! Have fun!

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I should've posted this before now, but ... I'm going to the Bronco rodeo in Horseshoe Bay today.
If there are any requests for photos of various things (MICA Top?) let me know.
These Broncos have been in heavy use, going over various off road setups for a few months now. So if there are faults they could be showing by now.

Anyway, let me know.
I'm not sure if there's wifi out there, I assume there will be, but who know?
It's a 2 day event, so if nothing else I'll check for replies tonight and try to fill requests tomorrow.
Is paint rubbing off roll cage in soft tops thx

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$200 for me, which goes towards purchase of a Bronco if you buy one.
$400 for a guest, my wife. Plus tax.
It's a lot, but I wanted to see the models and drive them before picking one and buying one.
It only cost my wife $158. You should have had a $250 voucher, plus a $200 (sorry we messed up reduction from Ford).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No need to bring anything really. You get a cool custom Yeti drinking cup and there's water to refill with along the way. Wear good shoes and a shade hat. That's about it.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't opt for the insurance, and TBH we never got put in a spot where I thought it was a close call that I might roll the Bronco. They did have us crawling up stuff that I would never have tried in the real world, but the Bronco went up everything we faced like it was nothing. I was so blown away by how easy this thing handled it all with no problem. I had a blast and stupid smile on my face all day.
Tomorrow the trails they will have us going up get really steep though. We drove by a few of them and I was like, "Yikes!"
So, I 'll get back to you.

I did it a couple weeks ago. My first time off roading. I went alone so I got to do all the driving! I also didnā€™t get the insurance, based on conversation I had with my insurance broker.

They definitely check over each car both days like a rental car.

Stay hydrated today and try a 2.7L with front camera!

OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes.
The soft top rubs the too rail if you don't pull it straight back on. It's a tight fit.
That said, all these models are preproduction and get hammered every day since May. Your use may be gentler and less aggressive. But, yeah, I did see it.

20210731_161745.jpg

20210731_161755.jpg

20210731_161801.jpg

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.
The soft top rubs the too rail if you don't pull it straight back on. It's a tight fit.
That said, all these models are preproduction and get hammered every day since May. Your use may be gentler and less aggressive. But, yeah, I did see it.

Ford Bronco Going to the Texas Bronco Rodeo today. Got any requests? 20210731_161801

Ford Bronco Going to the Texas Bronco Rodeo today. Got any requests? 20210731_161801

Also keep in mind this is the bestop one and not the factory one. It's built a bit differently.

UserName

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relationship advice should be: bring the Wife and get her hooked. Then she'll be begging you to get a Bronco... and please, don't cheap out 'cause I like the dual air, leather and the B&O sound šŸ˜€.
This can not go far enough, my wife before the off-rodeo couldn't care less. Now upgrading to badlands because she thought the sway bar disconnect rode smoother on the trails and the leather because " it's the one I like"

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got back from Day 2.
Yesterday was really fun, but today things got real!
The stuff you crawl up and down on Day 2 - you can't see anything but blue sky. LOL.
We drove a Wyldtrack today and that forward facing, down angle camera came in really handy. Took the anxiety away seeing what was going on.

20210801_104230.jpg

OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the hat and Tshirts, but the stickers you get for answering questions more or less right. The badge has the agenda on it and the Yeto cup with the custom Bronco Off-Roadeo laser cut label are free.

20210801_172508.jpg

20210801_172358.jpg

20210801_172340.jpg

20210801_172234.jpg

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a blast. Look forward to the one-day format in the near future.

Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
Squatch51

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Going to the Texas Bronco Rodeo today. Got any requests? Screenshot_20210801-174551_Drive

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs