Sponsored

Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell???

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is worse than most people seem to understand.

Since the B&P used to show an extra $300 (in a BL at least) to get the combo over the $1595 Ford charges (across all models, not just Bronco) to get the 10-speed upgrade and the 2.7 EB upgrade (total of $1895). The engine upgrade listed now is still currently $1895 ($700 MORE than Ford charges in the F-150 for an upgrade from a lowly 3.3L to the 2.7 EB)

So Ford was and is still charging $700 more for an upgrade to a 2.7 EB in the Bronco (2.3 EB to 2.7 EB) than in the F-150 (3.3l to 2.7 EB) Their costs of production, installation, and warranty can't be much different between the two, so $700 extra in Fords pocket at this point.

That is why people were not positive it was an error (and it is not unreasonable to believe the manufacturers website when the numbers are a good deal, but not an impossible one.) That extra $700 baked into the pricing structure in a locked combo is the equivalent to a $700 subsidy towards the automatic over the newly designed manual that needs to amortize the design and production costs (design cost per unit is much, much lower in the 10-speed making it a non-factor). Might have well worked out to be 'free' after applying that extra $700 the customer paid for the engine alone.

So Ford already has $700 in option pricing (compared to the F-150) advantage for the 2.7 EB and they want an additional $1595 for the automatic. If you get the 2.7 EB, you are paying the difference, that extra would likely be baked into the WT and FE models base price.

End result; 2.7 buyers are hit with an extra $700 compared to the F-150 2.7 upgrade cost. Why is the 2.7 EB upgrade 63% higher in the Bronco than in the F-150 Ford? Does the 3.3 really only cost 58% of the 2.3 EB to produce (to account for the $700) or is it a cash grab?

(the short version is easily seen in the option costs, just pointing out that it was not unreasonable for people to believe the website pre-change)
Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like to think of the transmission being included at no additional charge rather than free. I thought that way because for 58 days it was shown as much. I am no longer tempted by the value of the Sasquatch on the Badlands (which wasn’t the best value for that trim to begin with). Current plan is to drop the V6/10spd altogether and go 2DR Lux Badlands 7MT in Cyber Orange. Current MSRP is $49,270. Roughly $6k lower than V6 Squatch and $3.5k lower than V6. Let’s see if that price holds.

Initially lack of xplan and lack of additional charge for auto kind of cancelled each other out in my mind. I was such a sweet, summer child...
That’s going to be a SWEET rig, and after seeing the two door Bronco badlands in AZ, I honestly don’t think you are going to miss the 35’s vs the stock 33’s!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The F150 competes with 4 manufacturers and 5 brands in the exact same segment. The F150 is a huge volume vehicle (7 to 8x Bronco sales, once normalized and still 5x initial orders to prior year sales). Bronco has 1 competitor and no competition for the 2.7 (392 is limited availability and only available in the highest trim). It is clear that the pricing variation form one model to the next will be different. Cost is a component, but last time I checked, Ford and all other manufacturers are for profit companies. :unsure:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The F150 competes with 4 manufacturers and 5 brands in the exact same segment. The F150 is a huge volume vehicle (7 to 8x Bronco sales, once normalized and still 5x initial orders to prior year sales). Bronco has 1 competitor and no competition for the 2.7 (392 is limited availability and only available in the highest trim). It is clear that the pricing variation form one model to the next will be different. Cost is a component, but last time I checked, Ford and all other manufacturers are for profit companies. :unsure:
Correct, exclusivity and demand factor into pricing also.
I always bring up oil/gasoline .... you may be altruistic as can be, but everyone of us would make every penny we can off of it, if it were ours to control.
Who here would sell their house "at cost" because its the right thing to do? A humans need for housing trumps vehicles, right?

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a long dramatic post typed out and changed it to this. My words were nothing that hadn't been said before. Just typing it felt personally cathartic.

Those who stay, I wish you the best. Those that have an alternate plan Z, I also with you the best as well.

I hope 2021 brings everyone new found optimism and I also hope that we all make the best choices for ourselves.

Peace....

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
No Sasquatch.
I will just get the manual trans Bronco Base and buy the canoe.
Still awesome with the roof rack and tie straps or without the roof or doors... and for a ridiculously low $31K (roof rack, canoe strap, switches).

Then I can upgrade over time, including the wheels/tires.

Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? Bronco No Doors Roof

Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? Canoe Front

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Plan b was base with 2.7
I’ll build it from there
Fuk squatch
If I am going somewhere I need a locker, I’ll take my pickup

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I always factored an additional $1595 for the auto trans into my budget. It really shouldn’t be a surprise that you’re not getting an automatic transmission for free.
But I thought that preliminary B&P we all knew was glitchy, unfinished, and subject to change was 100% accurate to what I would be spending next year.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah my Bronco just became a Tacoma
OK I reconfigured, I'm gonna go Base model with auto 2.7L and a roof rack, should keep me around $32500 and then replace the tires and wheels in a couple of years.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if the update is final, probably not
this made me realize I had to make a new plan, scratch plan b and c
I wanted Base Squatch, but after update and the price hike, I was thinking of just looking elsewhere. (ZR2 rado *cough cough*)
but i really want my bronco :(

so now my new plan is a 4 door base, MIC top, and that's it. Ill be saving about $6K
Wheels and Tires will be aftermarket
never really needed squatch goodies, just liked the look but I like my base simple like this anyways

Any of you created a plan z to not give up on your bronco?????

Before: After :
Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? Canoe Front
lol i thought you had a mysterious way to get the retired ford employee discount and I got very intrigued

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh I ranted HARD that night, but in the end, The Base Squatch is still a bargain and affordable to me ... plus the price raise might push me to just wait for ManSquatch to appear.

One unintended consequence... as a result, I eyeballed the Basebase and that $30k bottom line is really appealing.
If I can confirm 33's will bolt right on... who knows.
This is the version Ford does not want you to buy.
BaseBase is mostly the draw for me at 30k. It provides the essentials. A brand new open-top doors-off modern day version of the EB. Install some 32s or 33s and have fun (wait for a holiday Discount Tire sale). That said, I hope lots of people spring for the more lux versions, to make possible the Bronco and help subsidize the base model. :)
Sponsored