Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just curious, why would points 1 and 2 matter to any consumer at all as long as the prices they pay in America are competitive? And those same Japanese manufacturers employ a ton of Americans in their factories...in America. And the same American manufacturers you speak of are increasingly moving their operations to China, Mexico, Brazil etc. And there's really no point comparing US and European/Japanese markets for this argument. One likes big trucks/crossovers/family sedans, and the other likes compact hatchbacks/wagons/tiny SUVs/diesels/Kei cars. Simplistic economic ideas from the 70s-80s do not apply to a global economy in 2021.
Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Tacoma dorks wish they had a Raptor or Bronco to put on the rooftop tent and Maxtrax they never use.
You better check the roof loading on the new Bronco before committing to a RTT. IIRC it's pretty low, enough that quite a few RTTs with 2 medium-size people would be over the limit.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole thread started off by diving off the deep end and now we're drowning in all this crazy talk 😅

I've never been brand loyal and doubt I will ever be, I've probably had around 30+Japanese cars and a few domestics and others but for me these days there are three things that determine getting a car, fit, feel, and performance. I don't care which brand it is so long as it's well engineered, performs excellently, and I fit comfortably.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You better check the roof loading on the new Bronco before committing to a RTT. IIRC it's pretty low, enough that quite a few RTTs with 2 medium-size people would be over the limit.
Yeah I saw that too isn't it only rate for around 110lbs while moving on the factory equipped rails? Gonna need a real lightweight setup.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Japan has no tariff on US cars being imported into Japan....while we do tariff their cars coming here. You are confused.

2) Japanese tastes are very different, and US designs just don't do well there. Our companies haven't gone after the market either (except Wrangler, which does ok). They don't buy European brands their either...they like little tiny cars.

3) We have no desire to manufacture there.

Basically, all non-issues. Toyota makes most of their cars here....and a higher percentage than Ford does of those sold here.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's an interesting perspective.

That Honda/Toyota employ so many Americans and pay them wages in excess of UAW-corruption based rates, and generally have a happy employee base seems a point you volunteer to ignore.

Your perspective also has blinders on to how American large corporations have acted over the past 50 years with off-shoring their manufacturing overseas to more controllable labor, meanwhile, you have Japanese OEM's re-investing in American manufacturing exclusively.

Heck, the NASCAR team with the most American content, American labor, American R&D, American sourced parts is Toyota. It's not GM, it's not Ford.

The lines have blurred since the 1990's my friend, all those honorable American companies have fired their American employees to turn overseas, but that wasn't popular to put in the news.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

k

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cement Grey? Jeez, Toyota manages to make even their colors sound boring! :LOL:
Yeah, to each their own man. I'm not one for bright ass colors, but yes the name is not exactly Race Red or Cyber Orange. That being said, I did just switch from Carbonized Grey to Rapid Red on the Wildtrak, so maybe I'm turning the corner slightly on boring colors and color names.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
Tis the brief and unremarkable story
Of one JeffreyHanna,
Who left us in less time than it takes
To over-ripen a Banana

He swapped his Bronco dream
For a Tacoma TRD Pro,
And even though we never knew you
We hate to see you go

We celebrate your brief presence
Like the flyover of a magnificent bird,
And wish you God’s speed
In your lumbering new TuRD

You’ll always be one of us
So know this before you go,
I’ll still flash you a friendly wave
When I pass you in my new Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

fox

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco & 91 MR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
Nice truck. However Toyota has put little to no R&D into their body on frame stuff in forever. The difference between a 2008 Tundra ---2021 Tundra is nothing.....the difference between a 2016 Taco and a 2021 is basically nothing as well.....sad because I love Toyota...but they are lacking

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can agree with all of that and still love the Bronco. There are only two open air 4x4s on the market....Toyota doesn't make one.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The engine and transmission on 4Runner are bulletproof. I’d take that reliability over most things that are out there. If they kept the same engine and went to an upgraded 7 speed or higher auto, most 4Runner owners that off-road would be over the top for it. Unfortunately I think Toyota is going with a smaller engine with forced induction, which will be a tough pill to swallow for any 4Runner owner....Myself included....2019 4Runner TRD Off-road Premuim.
Totally agree on the bulletproof reliability but the 270HP engine could use a 50hp bump and the interior would look great if it were 2012. I love the 4Runners but those are the 2 biggest things holding me back.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.